Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 556, 557, 558 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
OverReaction Ground

Yeah I think it's too soon to want to fire Walton. These guys haven't had time to find their way and learn how to play with Lebron. I do see pieces that just don't fit. Still need a shooter and a decent center, so where's MO.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

If you ask me Luke has proven he can get guys to buy into his system and it can work. Didn’t we have the 2nd best record for a while post allstar break last season? I’d say that’s a pretty good job coaching considering we had a bottom 10 team on paper.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luke's biggest challenge will be tell guys like Lance that he isn't playing.

Our young guys should play over him as he is really mucking up our offense (and he plays non existent defense).

Kuz and Hart were pretty horrible defensively too. Lance can help I believe, just not with the ball in his hands.

Hart horrible? What game were you watching? The guy in the 3rd quarter especially started runs because of his effort on both sides of the court. Especially two straight defensive possessions where he caught steals.

Didn’t play great at it in the 1st half but horrible? Especially the rest of the way? That analysis is way off.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Our sets left a lot to be desired last night

bigtime
Every year our sets aren’t good enough, they have 1 option and then we ISo, lol. Terrible

Remember Luke saying in the off season that they won't run complicated sets until the team builds better understanding with each other once the season progresses.

That’s just a lazy way of saying “gameplanning half court sets are too hard”. Just gives him an excuse for poor management.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Last night, Portland had too many offense rebounds and easy baskets. Luke should of made some adjustments instead of keep playing small.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Our young guys should play over him as he is really mucking up our offense (and he plays non existent defense).

Kuz and Hart were pretty horrible defensively too. Lance can help I believe, just not with the ball in his hands.

Hart horrible? What game were you watching? The guy in the 3rd quarter especially started runs because of his effort on both sides of the court. Especially two straight defensive possessions where he caught steals.

Didn’t play great at it in the 1st half but horrible? Especially the rest of the way? That analysis is way off.

Stauskas was having his way with him. Fouled him on a 3, got caught up in multiple screens, struggled to keep guards in front of him leading to easy buckets. Horrible may have been harsh but he was definitely well below average. Objectively speaking and with a little less knee jerk, I’ll call it bad not horrible. Great offensively though so I was happy with his overall game.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

bigtime
Every year our sets aren’t good enough, they have 1 option and then we ISo, lol. Terrible

Remember Luke saying in the off season that they won't run complicated sets until the team builds better understanding with each other once the season progresses.

That’s just a lazy way of saying “gameplanning half court sets are too hard”. Just gives him an excuse for poor management.

You clearly have no idea how in depth NBA schemes are.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Stauskas was having his way with him. Fouled him on a 3, got caught up in multiple screens, struggled to keep guards in front of him leading to easy buckets. Horrible may have been harsh but he was definitely well below average. Objectively speaking and with a little less knee jerk, I’ll call it bad not horrible. Great offensively though so I was happy with his overall game.

Stauskas was having his way regardless. He was guarded by Hart on the first few attempts and then Kuzma and Lance ended up guarding him. And Stauskas still had his way. A guy who 99% of his career would brick those shots suddenly had the best game of his life.

Putting that solely on Hart when he wasn’t guarding him even the whole first half isn’t reasonable.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Megaton wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

bigtime

You clearly have no idea how in depth NBA schemes are.

Neither does Luke apparently.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Stauskas was having his way regardless. He was guarded by Hart on the first few attempts and then Kuzma and Lance ended up guarding him. And Stauskas still had his way. A guy who 99% of his career would brick those shots suddenly had the best game of his life.

Putting that solely on Hart when he wasn’t guarding him even the whole first half isn’t reasonable.

He was making open shots with a few nice takes and a drawn foul mixed in. I never said Hart was the only guy that guarded him but he and everybody else who guarded Stauskas did a really bad job. He was getting open looks off screens or spotting up all game. Stevenson and Kuz were just as bad if not worse, I agree. There was a lot of bad defense going on yesterday and Hart was a part of his fair share.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how much of Lance playing is pressure Luke feels from Magic

You can argue the onus is on Luke to have a backbone but still, it could be a factor
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

You can argue the onus is on Luke to have a backbone but still, it could be a factor

After listening to Magic yesterday or the day before on ESPN First Take stating that this team was built for the playoffs I have to believe it has been discussed between Luke and Magic/Pelinka.

Also believe Magic/Pelinka would give their vision on how the players fit into the team and Luke will attempt to try to incorporate this vision within his own.

I previously posted the following in the Svi thread

You would tend to believe Luke realizes his job security is not a guarantee for next season. I don't believe Magic/Pelinka would make a move during this season unless the bottom fell out.

Knowing this I would hope he plays the players he needs to win and not appease any one or two players whether they are veterans or the young core.

As you mentioned the onus is on Luke to have the backbone to follow his own path.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

I doubt that. He needs to get mins to show what he can do and I hope Luke cuts them if he is not performing
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

One game and people talk about firing Luke? That is just stupid.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

So if we move Hart to the starting lineup based on game one. Then Lance comes out and scores 20 while Hart has a 2 point game, are we going to move Lance in for Hart the next game?

Luke is right, it's way to early. Running through starting lineups based on one game isn't the right move to do. Shows a lack of trust in players to figure it out and adds a pressure that one bad game can lead you to be benched.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Terrible coach. He has the right philosophy because we are trying to run gsw’s system which every team should be running. Run run run and share the ball.

Other than that...... terrible defensive coach. and substitutions. Bshaw was a failure as well... we have to get the right architech.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

We always talked about how players improved during the summer. Let's see if Luke improves his play sets after the time out.

Luke or Puke we will soon find out. Lebron is not going let Puke to ruin his last run with the Lakers
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

kobe8One wrote:
We always talked about how players improved during the summer. Let's see if Luke improves his play sets after the time out.

Luke or Puke we will soon find out. Lebron is not going let Puke to ruin his last run with the Lakers

I thought he ran decent out of timeout plays.

I think there's a reason to his madness such as knowing that you need at least 8-9 guys you can trust with playing time especially when the playoffs come around. And that doesn't come without giving guys a chance early in the season to prove that they can hang or not.

Hopefully we're healthy at the all-star break and we don't see any more lineup fidgeting by that time.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Terrible coach. He has the right philosophy because we are trying to run gsw’s system which every team should be running. Run run run and share the ball.

Other than that...... terrible defensive coach. and substitutions. Bshaw was a failure as well... we have to get the right architech.

Weren't the Lakers a top 12 defensive team last year?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
watchME wrote:

We were actually top 10 before Lonzo got injuried. But they don't remember that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

I'm no expert on X's and O's but I don't see us running the same actions at all.

Luke is the natural scapegoat and while there are improvements that could and should be made in order to get the best results, I think almost every coach goes into their season still experimenting. He's also trying to get the guys we just paid money minutes.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

7 Mcgee ISO's huh. go get some coaching experience somewhere else
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
watchME wrote:

Two of their better defenders in Nance and Randle are gone and Lonzo now coming off the bench
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I've never seen a more stagnant offense.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I've never seen a more stagnant offense.

And most were on smaller players...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 556, 557, 558 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 557 of 818
Jump to: