OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 349, 350, 351 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Catching some Pels highlights and it would be awesome if Kuz could get to Mirotic's current level in the next couple years - not just the scoring punch, but the nasty, crafty defense, too.

I'd also take Peja, but all in due time.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
This time of year always inspires some of the stupidest ideas.

Here's the deal. I do not want to trade Kuz. But I also do not want to play him exclusively at the 5.

If we're resigned to playing him there, then, what are we doing? We should trade him, if possible, to get ourselves an actual starting center.

If we're not resigned to playing him there, then get someone else in there. Zu, Beasley, I don't care. But it has never looked good putting him there, and I do not see how that helps him develop as a player at all since that's not his game.

It's not like the only deficiency was in his defense as a center. He looked out of sorts and resembled nothing like the awesome player that we all expected to take a major step forward this year.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

Here's the deal. I do not want to trade Kuz. But I also do not want to play him exclusively at the 5.

If we're resigned to playing him there, then, what are we doing? We should trade him, if possible, to get ourselves an actual starting center.

If we're not resigned to playing him there, then get someone else in there. Zu, Beasley, I don't care. But it has never looked good putting him there, and I do not see how that helps him develop as a player at all since that's not his game.

It's not like the only deficiency was in his defense as a center. He looked out of sorts and resembled nothing like the awesome player that we all expected to take a major step forward this year.

Sucks that LeBron BI & Kuz pretty much can’t play together on the court

He can still take a step forward tho .. it was just one game.
I doubt he goes 1-7 from 3 tonight
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

Sucks that LeBron BI & Kuz pretty much can’t play together on the court

Yeah it's pretty funny too, how, the "positionless basketball" term everyone likes to throw around went out the window in one game with people now wanting an actual center.

We're doing wrong by Kuz, IMO, by playing him at center. Square peg, round hole.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

I think it’s easy to sit here and say well how many legit centers are there in todays game, Kuzma should do fine at center most nights right?

There might not be many Embiid’s but Kuzma will still struggle against any 6’11-7’0” center down low that’s just the fact of the matter
And if you really look around the league most teams have 2 bigs that will cause problems for Kuzma in the paint , whether it be on the boards, defense or both

I wish it could work with him at center but I don’t think it can and it sucks because we would be able to have him Bron and BI out there together
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

Yup, I had this same argument a few pages ago.

People are complaining that there's no minutes for him. That the only way to get him some minutes was at center, which they don't want to see him play.

I said, if that's the case, gotta look into trading him while his value is still high.

They said, what are you crazy? Why would you trade a guy that could be a potential superstar.

But the thing is, the problem that's proposed is that - we have no room for him to become a superstar here with us. In order for Kuzma to fully develop with us, he needs to play at his best position, and he needs to get minutes there. So far, it's been hard for us to give him that role. If going forward, this is going to be an issue, then gotta look into moving him while his value is sky high.

He might be able to get us a lotto pick right now.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

People are complaining that there's no minutes for him. That the only way to get him some minutes was at center, which they don't want to see him play.

I said, if that's the case, gotta look into trading him while his value is still high.

They said, what are you crazy? Why would you trade a guy that could be a potential superstar.

But the thing is, the problem that's proposed is that - we have no room for him to become a superstar here with us. In order for Kuzma to fully develop with us, he needs to play at his best position, and he needs to get minutes there. So far, it's been hard for us to give him that role. If going forward, this is going to be an issue, then gotta look into moving him while his value is sky high.

I’d trade Ingram before Kuzma. As of right now Kuzma alone ain’t getting us a whole lot and I’d rather keep more shooters around LeBron. Not saying Kuzma is a great shooter but damn sure better than Ingram in that category.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

I’d trade Ingram before Kuzma. As of right now Kuzma alone ain’t getting us a whole lot and I’d rather keep more shooters around LeBron. Not saying Kuzma is a great shooter but damn sure better than Ingram in that category.

Assuming the Lakers feel the same as you, that they'd rather keep Kuzma over Ingram, then they should start Kuzma over Ingram as well.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
NotHype wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

Assuming the Lakers feel the same as you, that they'd rather keep Kuzma over Ingram, then they should start Kuzma over Ingram as well.

They don’t feel the same as me. Or they would’ve moved Ingram for George.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Excited to see Kuzma go up against Clint Capela tonight
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Kuz has been not good. People will say it is because Luke is playing him at the 5. Look if that is what the team needs and Kuz can't do it don't be surprised them move on. Im not even saying this is where it is right now, just saying. its not really Kuz or Luke fault, just not how the chips fell.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
NotHype wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

Not true, especially if you are looking to trade Ingram now. They did this with Nance when they started him over Jules.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Kuz has been not good. People will say it is because Luke is playing him at the 5. Look if that is what the team needs and Kuz can't do it don't be surprised them move on. Im not even saying this is where it is right now, just saying. its not really Kuz or Luke fault, just not how the chips fell.

To be fair, Kuzma has not been good for one game. I don’t really care about preseason performance.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

To be fair, Kuzma has not been good for one game. I don’t really care about preseason performance.

I agree. He had two solid games against the Rockets last season. One in a W. Lets Go Kuz.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Excited to see Kuzma go up against Clint Capela tonight

You can count on Luke to consistently position us behind the eight ball.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is definitely a bigger version of Clarkson, horrible shot selection
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Shot selection Jesus
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

Do you like anyone? Does anyone like you?
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

Can you stay away from personal attacks, do mods have favorites around here because it amazes me how you continue do this. You can never seem to focus on the team and not attack other posters...

Yes, I like a few of our players. I think Lonzo and Kuzma leave a lot to be desired though.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

Yea you should stop doing this. If we all had the same opinion on everything laker related there would be no point in having a forum.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

Tbh, I'm also having a hard time connecting with anyone on the current roster. I love my Lakers but for whatever reasons, these guys aren't doing it for me. I will always support though.

Last edited by Vancouver Fan on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
al242 wrote:

Can you stay away from personal attacks, do mods have favorites around here because it amazes me how you continue do this. You can never seem to focus on the team and not attack other posters...

Yes, I like a few of our players. I think Lonzo and Kuzma leave a lot to be desired though.

It's good to hear you like some of the players

Maybe your constant negativity isn't popular...?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
al242 wrote:

Tbh, I'm also having a hard time connecting with anyone on the current roster. I love my Lakers but for whatever reasons, these guys aren't doing it for me.

Lebron's an easy like for me, tbh. I like all the young guys, but some will fail this season, so I'm trying not to get too attached.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
al242 wrote:

It's good to hear you like some of the players

Maybe your constant negativity isn't popular...?

Just ignore me moving forward clown...
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Kuzmas defense needs to improve quickly. Man it is bad

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 349, 350, 351 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 350 of 880
Jump to: