*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets (10/20/18 - Gm#2) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rami34
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

walter mccarty wrote:
Lakers battled, rondo and CP are legit competitors, crazy to see them actually throw down. BI emotional and unhinged for no reason, maybe because he was getting schooled at this section of the game. He actually started pretty well, making some shots and defending but then he just couldn't stay in front of anybody defensively and checked out on offense. Overall just so many dumb fouls and missed free throws. Hard to ask for more made threes with no shooters, they had their chances just let it get away.

When BI struggled offensively in past, he made up for it by excellent defense. But he's not playing as good defense so far, or rebounding as well.

I think Walton changed a lot of these guys roles this year, and one can sense players like Kuzma and BI are having hard time adjusting. BI seems most frustrated out of bunch.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Doris Burke said she was surprised at the lack of energy in the building for most of the night

Not me. It’s a known fact we have one of the worst home crowds. A historic debut can’t even get pretentious Hollywood folks out of their seats.

Depends on the game, and atmosphere, honestly. For me personally, the game has lost a bit of its excitement. But Staples was on fire for Kobe’s 60 in his final performance, and pretty much all season long that season for every shot he hit.

We’ve also been solid in the past in the playoffs, but we’ve never been one of those teams that wears all purple or gold shirts like other arenas in the post season with their specific colors.

Well it’s not even true that there was lack of energy in the building. That is so tired. People were screaming the whole game people stood up the first several minutes of the start of the game people were screaming LeBron the whole game when the fight happened we started chanting Rondo… I could go on but basically just No.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers saying Rondo didn't spit.

Quote:
@wojespn

Sources: Lakers officials watched tape and are backing Rajon Rondo’s contention that he didn’t spit on Chris Paul. Meanwhile, CP3 and Rockets are insisting that Rondo did spit. “Lot of history between them,” one source connected to both players says.

Here is video. If Rondo spit I don't see it here. Possible sweat or just saliva landing with two guys arguing right next to each other. If Rondo did spit he did it very nonchalantly.

https://twitter.com/DocLanceP/status/1053891024802713600
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Chris Paul is a lying little (bleep)
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

There is 0 evidence that Rondo spit on him. What a joke.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
GTL wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Doris Burke said she was surprised at the lack of energy in the building for most of the night

Not me. It’s a known fact we have one of the worst home crowds. A historic debut can’t even get pretentious Hollywood folks out of their seats.

Depends on the game, and atmosphere, honestly. For me personally, the game has lost a bit of its excitement. But Staples was on fire for Kobe’s 60 in his final performance, and pretty much all season long that season for every shot he hit.

We’ve also been solid in the past in the playoffs, but we’ve never been one of those teams that wears all purple or gold shirts like other arenas in the post season with their specific colors.

Well it’s not even true that there was lack of energy in the building. That is so tired. People were screaming the whole game people stood up the first several minutes of the start of the game people were screaming LeBron the whole game when the fight happened we started chanting Rondo… I could go on but basically just No.

It seems louder when you are there in attendance. When you watch on TV, our debut home game sounds like a preseason game in comparison to arenas like Boston, Portland, Philly etc. The energy in those builds are much better. Louder, more people standing... just overall much more involved crowds than ours.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Chris Alex Trimboli Paul
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject:

rami34 wrote:
walter mccarty wrote:
Lakers battled, rondo and CP are legit competitors, crazy to see them actually throw down. BI emotional and unhinged for no reason, maybe because he was getting schooled at this section of the game. He actually started pretty well, making some shots and defending but then he just couldn't stay in front of anybody defensively and checked out on offense. Overall just so many dumb fouls and missed free throws. Hard to ask for more made threes with no shooters, they had their chances just let it get away.

When BI struggled offensively in past, he made up for it by excellent defense. But he's not playing as good defense so far, or rebounding as well.

I think Walton changed a lot of these guys roles this year, and one can sense players like Kuzma and BI are having hard time adjusting. BI seems most frustrated out of bunch.

These first two games are the best defense of his career. Flat out.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
GTL wrote:
NotHype wrote:

I’m happy to hear that, really want the fan base to exude that kind of excitement.

Last edited by GTL on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
GTL wrote:
NotHype wrote:

The NotHype dude is a straight troll.

Glad you got to see the game tonight.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

cp3 got what he deserved.. he acts like a punk .. he's that guy you want to see get punched in the face

Glad rondo is a laker
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
cp3 got what he deserved.. he acts like a punk .. he's that guy you want to see get punched in the face

Glad rondo is a laker

He’s also got that sh*tfaced grin on his face.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
CalisFinest wrote:
Rondo and BI have to be gone for a minimum of 3 games right? No way it's more lenient than that.

Rondo maybe but Ingram doesn’t have a rep so he may get a “warning” of 2 games.

Rondo got contact to the face and responded while Ingram ran over and threw a punch, so it's hard to predict

Could be. All I’m saying is Ingram may not get the book thrown at him because he’s always been the quiet, passive type. We’ll see though.

Right. Lots of factors so I think it is hard to predict. MWP got 7 games right? for the Harden elbow, so hopefully he doesnt get 7.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
TDRock wrote:
GTL wrote:
NotHype wrote:

The NotHype dude is a straight troll.

Glad you got to see the game tonight.

Did you not watch the game? Do you not watch other teams play? The building was silent for many periods of the night. There was some roars early in the game then it took a brawl for the crowd to come to life.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

We need a more obnoxious PA announcer. CAVS BALL
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I salute Rondo. Video only shows CP3 provoking him and Rondo putting him in his place.

I do realized how hilarious it is that I was very mad at Rondo last year for starting crap with Isaiah.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
This dumb fight is just distracting from what an awful signing KCP was. That might have been the worst signing of free agency.

The lakers paid 30M for 2 years of KCP in order to sign Lebron.

Wait a minute, kcp signed a 2 year deal? Wtf

It's a one year deal

He means dating back to last season.

For the second year in a row, he's our 2nd highest paid player. Has he ever been even our 5th best player?
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
We need a more obnoxious PA announcer. CAVS BALL

Please no...

“PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY!”

“SAINT VINCENT SAINT MARY!”

“KING JAMES WITH THE MESSAGE FROM AKRON TO CLEVELAND!”

PLEASE NO!

We’re the Lakers, we don’t need championship rings ascending from the ceiling with reversible tips or whatever the hell that was over in Golden State where the all season all star team is located.

Last edited by GTL on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
CalisFinest wrote:
Rondo and BI have to be gone for a minimum of 3 games right? No way it's more lenient than that.

Rondo got contact to the face and responded while Ingram ran over and threw a punch, so it's hard to predict

Could be. All I’m saying is Ingram may not get the book thrown at him because he’s always been the quiet, passive type. We’ll see though.

Right. Lots of factors so I think it is hard to predict. MWP got 7 games right? for the Harden elbow, so hopefully he doesnt get 7.

I think the league sends a message, and slaps Ingram with 5-7 games. Wouln’t be surprised if they give him 10. That sounds crazy, but I wouldn’t be surprised.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

2 new theories on Twitter now

1. The spit came from the Ref blowing whistle
2. It was Melo
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

I wanted Lance to blow into Harden's ears and try to get him ejected.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
CalisFinest wrote:

I think the league sends a message, and slaps Ingram with 5-7 games. Wouln’t be surprised if they give him 10. That sounds crazy, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Hopefully they take in to consideration the need to protect LeBrons image. 10 games without Ingram won't make it any easier to win games.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
TDRock wrote:
GTL wrote:
NotHype wrote:

It seems louder when you are there in attendance. When you watch on TV, our debut home game sounds like a preseason game in comparison to arenas like Boston, Portland, Philly etc. The energy in those builds are much better. Louder, more people standing... just overall much more involved crowds than ours.

Was Doris in the building or not? Because then she would’ve heard the same things I did. Whether or not it carries on TV is another story. But if she was in the building with me and she is saying it was low energy in the building I’m saying that’s incorrect and disingenuous. Sports media has various agendas about various teams and what is the tired continuous agendas about Los Angeles is we’re “Hollywood“ which is stupid because A of course we are, this is Hollywood but B it doesn’t mean that people aren’t into the games. That’s just a tired storyline. As someone who goes to games regularly it’s offensive quite frankly. That ticket to get in that game is nowhere near free so don’t tell me (media people, not you NotHype) I’m not a real fan and I’m not doing this and I’m not doing that I paid $5 billion a ticket to go see a Laker team that had Chris Duhon on Rob Sacre on it. Please spare me that I didn’t yell every second of every minute of the game.

Last edited by TDRock on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

2 new theories on Twitter now

1. The spit came from the Ref blowing whistle
2. It was Melo

It's Chris Paul. He probably flopped when sweat hit his cheek.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
This dumb fight is just distracting from what an awful signing KCP was. That might have been the worst signing of free agency.

The lakers paid 30M for 2 years of KCP in order to sign Lebron.

Wait a minute, kcp signed a 2 year deal? Wtf

It's a one year deal

He means dating back to last season.

For the second year in a row, he's our 2nd highest paid player. Has he ever been even our 5th best player?

It's basically a finder's fee to Klutch for signing Lebron. Cost of doing business.

Well worth it to get Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 63 of 65
Jump to: