PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
GTL wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
CalisFinest wrote:
Rondo and BI have to be gone for a minimum of 3 games right? No way it's more lenient than that.

Rondo maybe but Ingram doesn’t have a rep so he may get a “warning” of 2 games.

Rondo got contact to the face and responded while Ingram ran over and threw a punch, so it's hard to predict

Could be. All I’m saying is Ingram may not get the book thrown at him because he’s always been the quiet, passive type. We’ll see though.

Right. Lots of factors so I think it is hard to predict. MWP got 7 games right? for the Harden elbow, so hopefully he doesnt get 7.

I think the league sends a message, and slaps Ingram with 5-7 games. Wouln’t be surprised if they give him 10. That sounds crazy, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Hopefully they take in to consideration the need to protect LeBrons image. 10 games without Ingram won't make it any easier to win games.

It would be terrible..5 games would be terrible...for both Ingram and the team.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
There is 0 evidence that Rondo spit on him. What a joke.

2 new theories on Twitter now

1. The spit came from the Ref blowing whistle
2. It was Melo

I think the angle that the ref is at makes more sense than Melo now that I looked at it again.
walter mccarty
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
rami34 wrote:
walter mccarty wrote:
Lakers battled, rondo and CP are legit competitors, crazy to see them actually throw down. BI emotional and unhinged for no reason, maybe because he was getting schooled at this section of the game. He actually started pretty well, making some shots and defending but then he just couldn't stay in front of anybody defensively and checked out on offense. Overall just so many dumb fouls and missed free throws. Hard to ask for more made threes with no shooters, they had their chances just let it get away.

When BI struggled offensively in past, he made up for it by excellent defense. But he's not playing as good defense so far, or rebounding as well.

I think Walton changed a lot of these guys roles this year, and one can sense players like Kuzma and BI are having hard time adjusting. BI seems most frustrated out of bunch.

These first two games are the best defense of his career. Flat out.

ehhh I think I agree, but barely, he could minimize so many dumb fouls. He has showed a new level of D this year in spurts of a few minutes at a time. On a different note Lonzo looked great on both ends, hitting his shots and not giving up anything on D, he is super disciplined, rarely leaves his feet and just bodies up. Really stoked with his game tonight.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Lakers saying Rondo didn't spit.

Quote:
@wojespn

Sources: Lakers officials watched tape and are backing Rajon Rondo’s contention that he didn’t spit on Chris Paul. Meanwhile, CP3 and Rockets are insisting that Rondo did spit. “Lot of history between them,” one source connected to both players says.

Here is video. If Rondo spit I don't see it here. Possible sweat or just saliva landing with two guys arguing right next to each other. If Rondo did spit he did it very nonchalantly.

https://twitter.com/DocLanceP/status/1053891024802713600

could have been a say it don't spray it type thing like Rudy Giuliani
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Come on man, he didn’t spit in the mans face being 2 inches away from him, that didn’t happen...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I fell in love with this team tonight.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

The fight is helping me forget with the fact that we looked awful on D and O at times tonight but still kept it close. I thought the fight took the wind out of the team. Close enough isn't going to cut it if we want to make the playoffs tho. I'm expecting a win on Monday. If not, I'm gonna be out from LG for a while.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I fell in love with this team tonight.

it will be the turning point for this team.. I’m confident.. they won’t back down.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Blazers took care of the Spurs tonight.

Stauskas only had 3 points.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

We'll be fine, we hung with two good teams. Lots of moving parts/new players; the team has some things it needs to fix, but it also looks promising.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

Ugh, I just picked him in for my fantasy team, he was all hyped up this week lol.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

Stauskas might be the new Matt Caroll who always went off against the Lakers when he was with the Charlotte Bobcats.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Stauskas might be the new Matt Caroll who always went off against the Lakers when he was with the Charlotte Bobcats.

Oh God, I hated playing the Bobcats back in the day.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

So basically the blazers version of Nuggets Hernangomez.

Kill the Lakers but then G league against everyone else.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Close enough isn't going to cut it if we want to make the playoffs tho. I'm expecting a win on Monday.

Better win Monday.

In this conference, close enough is non-playoff team. Yes teams have come back from 0-2, 0-3 and even worse but that’s not something that should be put to test in the brutal WC.

Need a few Ws this week.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
I predict a win with Kuzma going for 40.

Lakers 133-124 Rockets

Welp, I got the Rockets points total and the margin of victory right but the wrong victor.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
diando wrote:
I predict a win with Kuzma going for 40.

Lakers 133-124 Rockets

Welp, I got the Rockets points total and the margin of victory right but the wrong victor.

Don’t feel bad .. I predicted we start 6-4 which is now looking pretty unlikely lol
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
The fight is helping me forget with the fact that we looked awful on D and O at times tonight but still kept it close. I thought the fight took the wind out of the team. Close enough isn't going to cut it if we want to make the playoffs tho. I'm expecting a win on Monday. If not, I'm gonna be out from LG for a while.

Leaving the team when it's down?
Cool.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject:

My 2 cents about the fracas...

Much ado about nothing. Tempers were flaring because of how physical at times it became and how blatant the lack of any realistic officiating took place on both sides.

Isn't that what we want? Don't we want someone to not just take fingers in his face? Don't we want to see a young guy, who over reacted, but had good intentions stick up for his team mates? They are preaching unity and I saw that. Sure Ingram escalated it and will get the stiffest of punishment but his heart was in the right place. Plus the whole did he or didn't he with the spit is insane. Sure, everyone on the Rockets is going to believe their guy's take but someone on the broadcast made the point that if spit was spat it would have been film and I am sure the ESPN producers were dissecting the video frame by frame to see any spit.

It's sad that took away from a hell of a game but its the headline. I will say for the amount of crap I have given Rondo over the years, dude plays extremely hard and is devoted to his team. Gotta respect that.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Cool.

Hey, stepping away for a bit can be healthy. He only said LG, not the games themselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Cool.

Hey, stepping away for a bit can be healthy. He only said LG, not the games themselves.

yeah...the negativity toward our own players can get depressing when you are looking for positive experience...the hate can be oppressive
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

walter mccarty wrote:
rami34 wrote:
walter mccarty wrote:
Lakers battled, rondo and CP are legit competitors, crazy to see them actually throw down. BI emotional and unhinged for no reason, maybe because he was getting schooled at this section of the game. He actually started pretty well, making some shots and defending but then he just couldn't stay in front of anybody defensively and checked out on offense. Overall just so many dumb fouls and missed free throws. Hard to ask for more made threes with no shooters, they had their chances just let it get away.

When BI struggled offensively in past, he made up for it by excellent defense. But he's not playing as good defense so far, or rebounding as well.

I think Walton changed a lot of these guys roles this year, and one can sense players like Kuzma and BI are having hard time adjusting. BI seems most frustrated out of bunch.

These first two games are the best defense of his career. Flat out.

ehhh I think I agree, but barely, he could minimize so many dumb fouls. He has showed a new level of D this year in spurts of a few minutes at a time. On a different note Lonzo looked great on both ends, hitting his shots and not giving up anything on D, he is super disciplined, rarely leaves his feet and just bodies up. Really stoked with his game tonight.

There may be a dumb foul or two that stand out in a small sample size, but his foul rate remains low (about 2.5 fouls per36) - he's never been a foul prone player - even with increased activity on defense.

I agree, Lonzo looked good last night. He was setting screens all over the court and he was very smart with his hands when defending CP3 and Harden.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

DAYUM!!! A young team, searching for a identity, a inexperienced HEAD COACH, trying to find a starting unit, a Super Star trying to make it work, high expectations, played two games close, one with a team touted to possibly win the West and I see so much negativity. I'm going to do as I've done since 1960, let the team play 20 games before I assess them. OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DAYUM!!! A young team, searching for a identity, a inexperienced HEAD COACH, trying to find a starting unit, a Super Star trying to make it work, high expectations, played two games close, one with a team touted to possibly win the West and I see so much negativity. I'm going to do as I've done since 1960, let the team play 20 games before I assess them. OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH.
WELL SAID!!.....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
ESPN said last night's Lakers-Rockets game telecast drew a 2.5 overnight rating, the highest-rated NBA regular season game on ESPN since the Warriors 73rd win game two years ago (a 2.7 on April 13, 2016).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 64 of 65
Jump to: