View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richcbt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
GTL wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Doris Burke said she was surprised at the lack of energy in the building for most of the night

Not me. It’s a known fact we have one of the worst home crowds. A historic debut can’t even get pretentious Hollywood folks out of their seats.

Depends on the game, and atmosphere, honestly. For me personally, the game has lost a bit of its excitement. But Staples was on fire for Kobe’s 60 in his final performance, and pretty much all season long that season for every shot he hit.

We’ve also been solid in the past in the playoffs, but we’ve never been one of those teams that wears all purple or gold shirts like other arenas in the post season with their specific colors.

Yes Staples was electric for Kobe’s final game, and fittingly so.

It’s just disappointing to me that we need Kobe’s final show or a game 7 for people to make some damn noise.

I was there last night, and the crowd was very into it, and cheered loudly when we did good stuff. I have no idea what Doris Burke is talking about.
rami34
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Teams have recognized fast enough the soft underbelly of our defense, the front court, manned by BI, Kuzma & LJ, and they're attacking it relentlessly. It's taken toll on young guys.

We haven't had solid front court for years, and it's unfortunate that our front office forgo the few bright spots there, in JR & Nance for nothing in return, valuing, above all, financial flexibility that's not helped us now, on defense, or quite possibly in the future.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers' Ingram, Rondo, and Rockets' Paul suspended for involvement in skirmish
Ingram gets four games, Rondo to miss three games, while Paul will be out two games
Official release

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/10/21/rockets-lakers-suspensions-official-release
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Ingram gets four games, Rondo to miss three games, while Paul will be out two games
Official release

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/10/21/rockets-lakers-suspensions-official-release

Yep, was just about to post it. I guess the league saw evidence of Rondo spitting because they specifically mentioned it as a factor. Since I never saw the spitting I was backing Rondo, but spitting on someone is a punk move that 9 times out of 10 will get the reaction you saw from CP3.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Official release

Yep, was just about to post it. I guess the league saw evidence of Rondo spitting because they specifically mentioned it as a factor. Since I never saw the spitting I was backing Rondo, but spitting on someone is a punk move that 9 times out of 10 will get the reaction you saw from CP3.

Yes. Highly unfortunate and takes me reeling back to the Rondo I do not like. I'm trying to like you now that you're a Laker, Rondo...
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Richcbt wrote:
NotHype wrote:
GTL wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Doris Burke said she was surprised at the lack of energy in the building for most of the night

Not me. It’s a known fact we have one of the worst home crowds. A historic debut can’t even get pretentious Hollywood folks out of their seats.

Depends on the game, and atmosphere, honestly. For me personally, the game has lost a bit of its excitement. But Staples was on fire for Kobe’s 60 in his final performance, and pretty much all season long that season for every shot he hit.

We’ve also been solid in the past in the playoffs, but we’ve never been one of those teams that wears all purple or gold shirts like other arenas in the post season with their specific colors.

Yes Staples was electric for Kobe’s final game, and fittingly so.

It’s just disappointing to me that we need Kobe’s final show or a game 7 for people to make some damn noise.

I was there last night, and the crowd was very into it, and cheered loudly when we did good stuff. I have no idea what Doris Burke is talking about.

Please do two things: Watch the game back on TV and compare it to other team’s opening games, and stop making excuses for our lifeless crowd. Doris Burke visits many NBA arenas therefore she likely has a better understanding of what a fired up crowd should sound like.
Of course it’s going to seem loud to YOU when you’re at the arena with 19,000 people around you. On TV for most of the game there was a lot of silence as usual. It took a fight to even get people out of their seats. Typical lazy Laker crowd. When LeBron was introduced, talk about a weak applause. Even on LeBron’s first dunk as a Laker I only saw maybe a quarter of the lower bowl stand up for that. Other arenas the whole place would be on their feet. There is no denying that our crowd is terrible these days, unlike the good ol’ Shaq and Kobe days.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65
Page 65 of 65
Jump to: