The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1508, 1509, 1510 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Lakers didn't treat him right.

The problem is two-fold now. He really fits nicely with AD. Pelicans are looking good.

He was the perfect C for us. If his 3-ball is really coming around, what an unbelievable mistake.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

The problem is two-fold now. He really fits nicely with AD. Pelicans are looking good.

He was the perfect C for us. If his 3-ball is really coming around, what an unbelievable mistake.

It is certainly a mistake for this year. But LA made the decision for next year.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randlju01/gamelog/2018/

Randle's game log in the second half was crazy. The guy had arrived or on the verge of arriving... He could guard and switch. I still can't believe how the collective brain power of Maginka and Lebron didn't value this guy. OMG, he is perfect for what we're trying to do when McGee sits. How in the world was our priority Rondo when Lonzo was the future? I'm still SMH. And for awhile, we're going to lose Rondo too. But mission accomplished? Tougher and definitely crazier last night. Why would you spit on people? At first I thought CP3 was such an azz, but now we know, and are getting a glimpse at why Rondo hasn't stuck with any time for the past 5 seasons.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

It is certainly a mistake for this year. But LA made the decision for next year.

Do you think he would have stayed if we gave him a huge 1 yr offer? Rondo's money, Beasley's money and Lance's money... Heck, KCP's money, and keep Rondo.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Even if Julius had blinked and taken the QO quickly, he's less motivated to buy in than McGee or even Beasley who are here of their own volition. His only motivation would be playing for himself, especially during any potential adversity.

Must you also impugn the man's professionalism, too, after seeing what he did following being dicked over by the franchise to start last season? Sure, he pouted one game, then he sucked it up, played his tail off in his role, and regained his starting spot (admittedly on a bad team).

I'm respecting the man's intelligence. Only a fool would sacrifice himself for a boss who denied him a chance at $13 Million extra in guaranteed money (from the 1+1 deal he has now), in a field where injury can devastate one's earnings potential.

Quote:
Lastly, you are right about one thing - TT is a better offensive rebounder than Julius. But all of the ways Randle is a superior offensive player to TT - as a ball-handler, passer, occasional perimeter shooter, low-post scorer, and roll man who doesn't have to touch his ass to his ankles to dunk - would obviously have added value next to Lebron and to the team as a whole. Not to mention the value of Julius' defensive rebounding in saving LBJ some wear and tear on his body over an 82+ game season.

With Ingram, LeBron, and Lonzo, Randle's ball-handling becomes more novelty than necessity. He may shoot occasionally, but occasional shooters aren't really helpful until defenders regularly attempt to close out on them.

Admittedly, Randle could've helped in many regular season matchups. Could he really start at C all year? He rebounds and switches well, however, he isn't altering shots the way McGee does. The Lakers were not going to have both McGee and Randle.

Bottom line, BI and Kuz need to be on the floor with LeBron as much as possible, and the three cannot play with Randle or McGee in most matchups b/c Ingram/Kuzma can't defend on the perimeter against quick guards. In preseason, BI had to give Buddy Hield a cushion big enough for me to shoot over him. If he fears Hield's first step, forget about starting Ingram at the 2 defensively. Need 2 of Hart/KCP/Rondo/Ball at any given time most nights.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
The beauty of it is, even if plan A fails now, we can pay Randle more than NO this coming summer, keep most young players, and still have about $20 million to play with, and a full MLE.

Really?

25. What are salary cap exceptions?

Quote:

ROOM MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only to teams that drop far enough below the cap to use cap room, and therefore lose their Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level and Taxpayer Mid-Level exceptions (see question number 26). This exception cannot be used if the team already has used the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. This exception becomes available once the team salary drops far enough that the team loses its other exceptions, and expires following the last day of the regular season. It allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract with a starting salary up to the following

26. How do exceptions count against the cap? Does being under the cap always mean that a team has room to sign free agents? Do teams ever lose their exceptions?

Quote:

If a team is below the cap, then its Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level (either the Taxpayer or Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level, whichever applies to the team) and/or trade exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap1. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question number 37). A team can't act like it's under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use its Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or trade exceptions. Consequently, the exceptions are added to the team salary (putting the team over the cap) if the team is under the cap and adding the exceptions puts them over the cap. If a team is already over the cap, then the exceptions are not added to their team salary. There would be no point in doing so, since there is no cap room for signing free agents.

OFFICIAL 2018-2019 FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (Available 2019 FAs & LAL Cap Space, p.1)

My understanding was that we have ~ $38 Million available this offseason, after this is spent, we have the room MLE of $5 Million. (I confused room with full)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Indeed.
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
FO needs to own this major (bleep) up, there was no excuse for letting randle leave period. We need a bench center bad and JR would be PERFECT off the bench right now. He was a restricted agent we didn't have to let him go. stupid move by magic.

They won't own anything until next off season. If we are able to land another max player, they'll say they'll be justified.

But many of us here could see Randle's potential growing every year. He earned it last season, and most of us here were already clamoring for us to re-sign him. Every Laker podcast I listened to last season said he's got to be part of the future plans right? Because he is a legitimate beast. I see nothing in his current game now that tells me he wouldn't have fit in with Lebron. In fact everything I see in his current game now tells me he would have been a perfect mother freaking fit with Lebron and this team.

If Lebron just had a taste of what it would have been like to play with him, I can see him "forcing" the FO to keep Randle. He would do all the dirty work Bron doesn't want to do.

Randle's situation here was the textbook example of how not to treat a player. I honestly didn't see what he did to deserve how they treated him, starting with Byron and even with Luke taking half the season to realize he needed more than 12 minutes a game. Then at the fateful last meeting - they just let him go? All of a sudden, you finally "treat him right" by giving him and his agent what they request for? FFS.

I am not looking forward to him destroying us when we meet this season. I have no clue who is going to cover him, but whoever it is is going to be in a world of hurt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

I’m super frustrated with us developing guys (Russell, Randle, Nance, Clarkson) and then having to trade or let them go because of that idiotic Mozdeng signing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
FO needs to own this major (bleep) up, there was no excuse for letting randle leave period. We need a bench center bad and JR would be PERFECT off the bench right now. He was a restricted agent we didn't have to let him go. stupid move by magic.

They won't own anything until next off season. If we are able to land another max player, they'll say they'll be justified.

But many of us here could see Randle's potential growing every year. He earned it last season, and most of us here were already clamoring for us to re-sign him. Every Laker podcast I listened to last season said he's got to be part of the future plans right? Because he is a legitimate beast. I see nothing in his current game now that tells me he wouldn't have fit in with Lebron. In fact everything I see in his current game now tells me he would have been a perfect mother freaking fit with Lebron and this team.

If Lebron just had a taste of what it would have been like to play with him, I can see him "forcing" the FO to keep Randle. He would do all the dirty work Bron doesn't want to do.

Randle's situation here was the textbook example of how not to treat a player. I honestly didn't see what he did to deserve how they treated him, starting with Byron and even with Luke taking half the season to realize he needed more than 12 minutes a game. Then at the fateful last meeting - they just let him go? All of a sudden, you finally "treat him right" by giving him and his agent what they request for? FFS.

I am not looking forward to him destroying us when we meet this season. I have no clue who is going to cover him, but whoever it is is going to be in a world of hurt.

:wavingwhiteflag:

Was hard for me to tell with all that small ball going on the first two games, but losing Randle and not even keeping Brook means we're gonna be watching ping pong balls in May. LeBron may have done very well as the biggest guy on the floor in some playoff series, but he can't do it during a marathon 82-game season.

That anonymous scout nailed it when he lambasted us for not even keeping Brook. Anyone know how Robert Sacre's doing in the Japanese B League? Also please tell me that "B" is Japanese for "A"
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I’m super frustrated with us developing guys (Russell, Randle, Nance, Clarkson) and then having to trade or let them go because of that idiotic Mozdeng signing.

Liar. You talked (bleep) about each of those players and celebrated them leaving.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

lol candy crushed
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Liar. You talked (bleep) about each of those players and celebrated them leaving.

Randle the only one who hurt for me. Dude is beasting for NO. He was beasting for us too but stupidity by our FO and his Agent
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

guess what guise
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

dude just enters a game and dominates
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

You have a young player.

With an extremely high work ethic.

Whom Kobe loves and touts his work ethic and mentality.

He gets better every single year.

he CONTINUES to get better and add more to his game even after the league has adjusted.

He puts up borderline All-Star numbers last season when he was FINALLY made a starter.

He shows no signs of slowing down, only of working harder.

Is the heart and soul for the team, and our defensive identity.

They let that guy go for NOTHING.. cause they were so focused on two off-seasons ahead.

There's stupidity, and there's negligence, and then there's both.

Landing LeBron doesn't absolve Magilinka and Luke for their treatment of Randle and losing him when he was a RFA for us.

If the Lakers don't re-sign KCP and don't go after Lance, and instead use that money to bring back Randle. The off-season gets looked at entirely differently.

But as is the usual with this FO, when they FINALLY got something that could work, they wind up screwing it up with subsequent moves.

They get LeBron, but then they let Randle go for nothing, and then try to act like Lance is gonna be the "tough guy defensive bulldog" when he was statistically the worst defender in the NBA last year.

Then you got Luke as a coach who thinks trying Kuzma at the 5 is a good idea cause he refuses to play Zubac. And spent the entire half of last year jerking Julius around.

It's been a mess all around.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Luke has little to do with this.

I think Magilinka told him not to play Randle a lot of minutes last year because wasn't there some sort of incentives clause that would trigger if he played a certain amount of minutes? I mean he was getting an unreasonable number of minutes in the beginning of the year, even when he would produce. It just didn't make any sense. He started getting all the minutes after they had a meeting in the middle of the season, and no one knows what went down in there but my CT senses tell me Luke was finally like (bleep) it, this is unfair, I'm playing Randle because he deserves it.

It's the same with the KCP/Hart starting job. It's blatantly obvious Hart should be starting (or at the very least, KCP shouldn't be playing), but there are politics involved in these things. Can't make Lebron's agent mad. Maybe Pelinka did have beef with Mintz and it hurt us with Randle and PG13. Just stupid unnecessary stuff.

Maybe I'm being naive and maybe Luke is that dumb and can't see it. But a lot of me believes this comes from the top, and I think it should absolve him. Like MJST said, Magilinka is so fixated on this 2 top free agents thing that they couldn't see what they had in front of them; just stupid and negligent.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Randle was on a standard rookie deal, so no incentives for minutes and stats.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dude just enters a game and dominates

I regret everything negative I said about JR, I'm missing the brutality he would bring to teams that had weak ass bigs. MJST was right for stanning him
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Not exactly. His QO would have been lower if they had kept his minutes down below a certain level. Once they moved him into the starting lineup and kept him there, that issue went away though.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

He is not getting huge minutes but killing it in limited minutes. 18 pts/5rbd in 22 min tonight. 4-8 from 3 in 3 games so far. He would be the best 3pt shooter on the lakers right now, our best rebounder after Lebron, our 2nd best scorer and our best defender.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
He is not getting huge minutes but killing it in limited minutes. 18 pts/5rbd in 22 min tonight. 4-8 from 3 in 3 games so far. He would be the best 3pt shooter on the lakers right now, our best rebounder after Lebron, our 2nd best scorer and our best defender.

and 2 of those misses were end of quarter heave type attempts
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

If that's the case then that blows a hole in my "Luke was being micromanaged from above" theory, but I could have sworn I either heard on one of the Laker podcasts or saw it as a post here somewhere, that it was in the Lakers' best interests for Julius not to play a lot of minutes last season. And after I heard or read this, I formed this opinion that the front office was the one jerking him around.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

and 2 of those misses were end of quarter heave type attempts

Yep. ALL the evidence was there to NOT let this kid go. But alas.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

This one really stings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1508, 1509, 1510 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1509 of 1536
Jump to: