THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1184, 1185, 1186 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

The administration wants to legally recognize people by their birth gender (only M or F) despite sex change/trans-transitioning, what u guys think?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
The administration wants to legally recognize people by their birth gender (only M or F) despite sex change/trans-transitioning, what u guys think?

I don't recognize future penitentiary inmates as an Administration

I think people who are offended by another person trying to be happy in a way that doesn't directly involve them should keep their mouth shut and grow some self respect

America may never recover from Trump

Trump is just using politics of hatred hatred hatred

Right after Kashoggi was cut into pieces with a bone saw Trump WENT OUT OF HIS WAY
to call for more violence against Journalists. Trump shoudve been removed long ago for all the hate he spews out his tax theft filled sack of DNA

Ugliest human America ever produced

FWIW..no scientist here but you can see Testosterone quantities in males. You can see "Androgynous" males who without any alterations have too little testosterone to be fully male and not enough to be fully female << I would feel horrible if I forced that person to never get to make their social choice.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Stupid and incredibly dated like everything else they do.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:

I think if they don’t exist legally, it can be the based for insurance non-coverage for transgender related medical issues and for re-instating military ban of transgenders
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:

forget the idiot in the white house. the question at some point we will have to ask is this. Is there anything we see where it matters what gender you were born as when it comes to legal matters on a federal, state, local level? If the answer is no. well then it doesnt matter so why make a law where it doesnt matter. Now if there is a legitimate reason someone can think of where it would and should matter. then this even coming from the idiot in the white house may actually make legal sense down the road.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I don't mind it so much but I do sympathize with trans people. I feel we could for wait this one out I think while we work on more pressing matters. If we could snap our fingers and fix it this instant I would gladly go for it but at the end of the day we need to have priorities.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Republicans outpacing Democrats in early voting in key states, NBC News finds
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

*Sigh*
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Barack live now...

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if you guys know who Harley Rouda is but I spent all of Saturday and Sunday going door to door for his campaign reminding people to mail in their ballots.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Not sure if you guys know who Harley Rouda is but I spent all of Saturday and Sunday going door to door for his campaign reminding people to mail in their ballots.

How could I not . . . he's on the TV about 20 times before I leave in the morning . . .

Seriously though, good job on trying to make a difference.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

ty!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject:

https://imgur.com/a/nmy7xyK

Republicans look like they're coming home to Trump. According to 538 the last time Trump was at 43% approval was March 2017. (These estimates are noisy of course so take it with a grain of salt, but still.)
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

*Sigh*

Been saying it, if the blue wave don’t happened after the last 2 yrs, it’s on the left, don’t ever complain no more
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Fox News Mistakenly Shows Sen. Kamala Harris In Alert About Shooting Suspect, Apologizes

Yeah, right . . . it was an "accident".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

The GOP midterm campaign:one million lies in 14 days ...

lie number...

1 Trump signals opposition to nuclear waste site in Nevada despite his budget proposals to fund it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-signals-opposition-to-nuclear-waste-site-in-nevada-despite-his-budget-proposals-to-fund-it/2018/10/21/50eff246-d571-11e8-9559-712cbf726d1c_story.html
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Saudi crown prince bragged that Jared Kushner gave him CIA intelligence about other Saudis saying 'here are your enemies' days before 'corruption crackdown' which led to torture and death

Quote:
Sources have told DailyMail.com that the prince – known by his initials MBS – has been boasting about his close relationship with the president's son-in-law and senior adviser, and the intelligence which he has told his circle Kushner passed to him.

The crackdown on 'corruption' in the Saudi kingdom was led by MBS and began in November, days after he had met Kushner for talks in Riyadh.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5575395/Saudi-crown-prince-brags-Jared-Kushner-handed-U-S-intelligence.html
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Saudi crown prince bragged that Jared Kushner gave him CIA intelligence about other Saudis saying 'here are your enemies' days before 'corruption crackdown' which led to torture and death

Quote:
Sources have told DailyMail.com that the prince – known by his initials MBS – has been boasting about his close relationship with the president's son-in-law and senior adviser, and the intelligence which he has told his circle Kushner passed to him.

The crackdown on 'corruption' in the Saudi kingdom was led by MBS and began in November, days after he had met Kushner for talks in Riyadh.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5575395/Saudi-crown-prince-brags-Jared-Kushner-handed-U-S-intelligence.html

Democracy
Freedom
Bill of Rights
We The People

He also used their money to keep
His family's real estate from going bankrupt

Just like those stock market crashes..
Our Democracy is crashing and people in the know
don't do enough to stop it
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

LOL
Have to post this since I remember

15–19 August 1953
Location Tehran, Imperial State of Iran
Result
Overthrow of Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh
in favour of strengthening the monarchical rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name "Operation Boot") and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project[5] or "Operation Ajax"),[6][7][8][9] and the first United States covert action to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.[10]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état

Democracy Killers
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Oh gosh we are going scientific versus ideologic.

What's next? Will they start using the more scientifically sound Russian Model for climate change.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
governator wrote:

What's next? Will they start using the more scientifically sound Russian Model for climate change.

As a parent of a transgender son, I suspect i know a lot more about the reality of that than you do, and while I will refrain from saying what I really want to tell you, I will point out that you have absolutely no credibility here, especially on the subject of ideology. Or science. Or facts.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
governator wrote:

As a parent of a transgender son, I suspect i know a lot more about the reality of that than you do, and while I will refrain from saying what I really want to tell you, I will point out that you have absolutely no credibility here, especially on the subject of ideology. Or science. Or facts.

What’s following this move by the administration you think? Transgender medical coverage by insurance and right to join military come to mind but prob just red meat to hype up his ‘evangelical’ base pre-election
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Try some research. Try understanding. Try critical thinking. Try reading anything but the Wingnut Gazette. Now, if you have a desire to learn, here is a very brief read:

Check the Science: Being Trans is not a Choice.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I only see this as mattering in regards to athletic competition. I dont think it's fair if a Mtf is wrestling against a F. Stuff kinda like that. In reality gender is just a term that describes how someone sees themselves. People identify as buildings now a days so its all free game. When they person is born all that matters is what sex they put on a birth certificate, anything after that is that persons choice.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
governator wrote:

What’s following this move by the administration you think? Transgender medical coverage by insurance and right to join military come to mind but prob just red meat to hype up his ‘evangelical’ base pre-election

It's a culture war issue to gin up their base before the election. And the extreme majority of this administration and all the judges they've appointed are straight white males. That's who matters to them. Their core supporters are non-college white males. They don't give a (bleep) about anyone else - not transgender, not gay, not women, not people of color, not non-Christians. If you look at it that way, it makes sense. Of course it's vile, but what else is new.

On a more hopeful note, Congress could reverse the damage by modifying the civil rights legislation by adding "gender identify" to list. Another reason to elect Democrats.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1184, 1185, 1186 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1185 of 3663
Jump to: