Official Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Thread (Traded to Michigan)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Svi's a typical Rookie and should be playing for the South Bay Lakers to get more playing time...

He looks scared for some reason almost like he's overwelmed. He has the ability it just looks like everything is too fast for him at the NBA level.

He just need to let it fly. There was a shot that he passed trying to make plays. I believed he need to be Reddick first before unleashing some of his inner Bob Sura skills .
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Nice that he brings other skills to the table even without the shot falling.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I'll take Svi over KCP right now
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

He needs time in the D league. Dude is afraid to shoot or do anything and then gets bullied on D. If he isn’t going to be a sniper then there is no reason for him to be on the court
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Some nice drives today. I’ll take it.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Much better game tonight. Made a couple of nice drives and showed off more of his playmaking abilities.

His confidence is growing. I already like his control more than KCP.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Svi is building, he's gonna be just fine.

I think he should stay with the team, get fuller feel for nba level close outs
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Yea, decent playmaking and finishing. Def not a liability when he puts the ball on the floor. Once he knocks down a few threes he will hopefully gain more confidence.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

The other skills are nice....but man where the hell is the shot.

He needs to lock it in.

I actually think he needs to go to the G league once it starts and actually get a few games with big minutes under his belt.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:

I actually think he needs to go to the G league once it starts and actually get a few games with big minutes under his belt.

He will.
Once BI and Rondo are back Svi is going to be on the far end of the bench. Lance has cracked into rotation so strong that Svi will soon see only garbage time.
Which is kind of sad given how well he is progressed.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

He will.
Once BI and Rondo are back Svi is going to be on the far end of the bench. Lance has cracked into rotation so strong that Svi will soon see only garbage time.

Not totally true.

With how incredibly crappy KCP has been, Svi can see some of those minutes when the situation calls for it. If KCP can’t pull it together, we will eventually see KCP ride the bench and Svi taking over that spot from him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
With how incredibly crappy KCP has been, Svi can see some of those minutes when the situation calls for it. If KCP can’t pull it together, we will eventually see KCP ride the bench and Svi taking over that spot from him.

I've been very surprised with Svi passing abilities, if he starts hitting the 3 like we know he can, you may be right...
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.

That's FIBA Svi as Mike likes to say. Svi played PG for his national team but was turned into a spot-up shooter in college. The kids definitely has playmaking ability, which will be unlocked even further once his shot comes around.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

He will.

Not totally true.

Can you give an example of a situation that would call for it?

You can see KCP being treated like Mosgov/Deng huh?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

He’s clearly nervous though which is why his shooting doesn’t show yet. We all saw what he really is in Summer League and his last preseason game when he is confident. Anthony Brown never once showed up.

The fact that Svi has already shown solid playmaking abilities and good fundamentals, while also not being a terrible defender either, goes a long way.

I hope they continue to use him going forward despite how difficult that may be. Once he gets confident, he’s going to be a huge asset.
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

He's doing great. Sheesh, he's hardly the weak link out there.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

He will.

Not totally true.

Can you give an example of a situation that would call for it?

You can see KCP being treated like Mosgov/Deng huh?

Situations as in KCP playing like (bleep) like he has been since preseason? That would be one situation yes lol.

Considering this FO has shown that just because you’re paid a lot, doesn’t mean you will play a lot if your production is total bunkers. So yeah he could easily go the Deng route with how he’s performing.

I see Svi as the future de facto role player here that will take over when KCP is gone after this year. So he should be groomed as such.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That's FIBA Svi as Mike likes to say. Svi played PG for his national team but was turned into a spot-up shooter in college. The kids definitely has playmaking ability, which will be unlocked even further once his shot comes around.

He ran a damn PnR! Kyle Korver never did none of that in the league.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

The man was the best shooter in all of college basketball (44.4% from 3) playing against the #2 most difficult strength of schedule last season at Kansas.

Our worries weren't whether he could shoot, but whether he can be comfortable in other aspects of his game.

He's shown that he can make some nice passes, drive to the rim, and stay in front of his man on defense.

If they ran some plays for him and let him shoot all the time he would become the best shooter on the team. The team is high on him and Luke is giving him minutes because he probably doesn't miss in practice.

It will be hard to find him minutes unless we are blowing out teams every night, but we must try to unlock his shooting before the playoffs.

He can be a great weapon for us, and it's not a matter of if, but when.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yup. I don't think you want Svi being the primary initiator, but once his shot comes around, he's going to have plenty of playmaking opportunities when he attacks closeouts. Don't forget that he's very capable in terms of getting to the rim and finishing as well.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah, and also vice versa. If he's a threat off the dribble, the defender will have to respect that, and that should give him some extra space to get his shot off.

Exciting stuff. Hope he continues to get PT over KCP to develop further and build his confidence. His shot has sucked, but I'm not worried yet.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yup. I don't think you want Svi being the primary initiator, but once his shot comes around, he's going to have plenty of playmaking opportunities when he attacks closeouts. Don't forget that he's very capable in terms of getting to the rim and finishing as well.

I agree with all of this, but I'm re-watching clips of Svi snake the PnR for a layup and a lob to McGee last night, and it makes me dream...
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

I've been pleasantly surprised with Svi. But I think others have been right in saying that if everyone is back and healthy... Svi's playing time will be very limited. And even though he seems to be contributing more than KCP... there is the business side of things. KCP is getting paid. Svi is not and needs more playing time to keep developing. Even though at present, I prefer Svi over KCP, I'd still send him to South Bay just to keep his activity and growth moving in the right direction. Then, when KCP needs to come off the books next year, bring Svi back full time.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

I like Kuzma, but it's amazing how we will let him jack up 25 shots, knowing the best he will ever shoot is probably 36% from 3. Yet we can barely find 3 shots for Svi, knowing he will probably eventually shoot 40% plus.

It's like how OKC keeps feeding Westbrook even though PG is the superior shooter.

The math just doesn't make sense to me. (And yes, I know that Kuzma has a nice repertoire of moves and makes great runs to the hoop)
I'm talking about spot up threes.

When we are ahead or have a comfortable lead... we should just feed Svi, and Lonzo until their 3 point shooting is fully unlocked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 60 of 79
Jump to: