2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 332, 333, 334

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In the first five innings of Kershaw’s playoff starts, his ERA is 3.82. Afterward it is 7.00.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/kershaw-vs-the-postseason-explained/ar-BBOvtcV
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Crap ton of Packers fans at the Rams game today.

LA is a huge destination /tourist city. It's expected.

The tourist part makes sense ,

Tho it doesn’t make sense that this only happens at Dodgers/Rams games and not Laker games.

I never see a crap ton of opposing fans at Staples .. at least not on the Lakers court. Cant speak for the other Staples team
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
I'm not sure why people are blaming Roberts. The Red Sox are just a vastly superior team. They're like the Warriors of the MLB.

Though a minority take on this series, probably the most accurate.

Besides the obvious, I've read numerous posts herein about how the 3 runs in the 7th changed everything, that momentum swung, that it demoralized the Dodgers and energized the Red Sox.

But didn't the Dodgers just put up four an inning earlier in the sixth? Why didn't that demoralize Boston and energize the Dodgers? With two innings to play and a one run lead at home, the Dodgers should have won, but couldn't close it out despite the odds. One team fell apart and one team didn't. One team was simply superior.

This Boston team is going to go down as one of the top 5 or so ever.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
I saw an LA fan say that Dave Roberts might accidently run out with the Red Sox team when they won,

He left in Kershaw this game and you blast him but he took Hill out too early yesterday and you also hate that too? Hmm

One guy was throwing a 1 hitter and the other guy has a 7.36 era in this World Series.

Kershaw is a multiple Cy Young winner and your ace pitcher like Sale is for us. Hill is this old horse at 38 years old and said to Roberts to "look out for him" because he knew he didn't have much left. Joe Buck even mentioned it on TV that Hill was ready to come out and gave Roberts the ball right away when he came to the mound. You have the national MLB commentators defending Roberts and the president who probably barely watches baseball commenting on something he knows little about.

Beat LA

That's not what their conclusion was you don't have to lie. Hill told Verducci that he wasn't tired and could keep pitching but he gave Roberts the ball because he had never ever come to the mound and not pulled him.

I'm not lying but perhaps I misunderstood what they were talking about during the game. However, when you say something like "look out for me in the next inning" to Dave Roberts, that is not a good sign about going more innings in the game.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
I saw an LA fan say that Dave Roberts might accidently run out with the Red Sox team when they won,

He left in Kershaw this game and you blast him but he took Hill out too early yesterday and you also hate that too? Hmm

One guy was throwing a 1 hitter and the other guy has a 7.36 era in this World Series.

Kershaw is a multiple Cy Young winner and your ace pitcher like Sale is for us. Hill is this old horse at 38 years old and said to Roberts to "look out for him" because he knew he didn't have much left. Joe Buck even mentioned it on TV that Hill was ready to come out and gave Roberts the ball right away when he came to the mound. You have the national MLB commentators defending Roberts and the president who probably barely watches baseball commenting on something he knows little about.

Beat LA

That's not what their conclusion was you don't have to lie. Hill told Verducci that he wasn't tired and could keep pitching but he gave Roberts the ball because he had never ever come to the mound and not pulled him.

I'm not lying but perhaps I misunderstood what they were talking about during the game. However, when you say something like "look out for me in the next inning" to Dave Roberts, that is not a good sign about going more innings in the game.

"Keep an eye on me," is what Hill said, and later said, "I'm going to give it everything I have, but let's go hitter to hitter. Just keep an eye on me."

There are a lot of new voices or rarely heard voices herein. I wonder how closely they follow the Dodgers. Hill has a history, even during his better outings, of getting hit the third time around; hence why he doesn't go deep into to many games. As a matter of fact, the game in question, the fourth game of the series, was the deepest he had EVER gone in ANY post season game.

This isn't to say that Roberts didn't have too quick a hook but that it is not so cut and dry obvious as some want to say.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Honestly LA fans. If it comes down to Rams/Patriots, you might get us back there and the Rams look so good now, I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the Superbowl.

Your reaction to the Red Sox winning is to troll a LA site....awesome.

Typical Boston Foof.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

What’s it like in Boston right now?

Cold and about to head into four or five months of frozen fun.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

Well that's the season.

Thank you Dodgers for another wonderful season. Wish we would of won it all but it didn't happen. Go get it next year.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Honestly LA fans. If it comes down to Rams/Patriots, you might get us back there and the Rams look so good now, I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the Superbowl.

Your reaction to the Red Sox winning is to troll a LA site....awesome.

Typical Boston Foof.

Really? When the Lakers beat the Celtics in 2010, I was very gracious and gave my congratulations to the Lakers and their fans. I posted the link to that topic so you can see that I'm not lying. In fact, I got trolled in that topic in 2010 but I took my lumps and did not even respond.

The Red Sox beat the Dodgers in the World Series yesterday and I have yet to receive one congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans like myself here on this forum. What does that tell you about LA fans?? Hmm..
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

Repercussions of the Verlander non-trade means that we didn't break our World Series drought in 2017 and also our starting rotation couldn't win more than 11 games....we were only saved by Buehler. This one goes all on the front office for suddenly counting pennies when we are one player away, and why certain teams never win championships.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Repercussions of the Verlander non-trade means that we didn't break our World Series drought in 2017 and also our starting rotation couldn't win more than 11 games....we were only saved by Buehler. This one goes all on the front office for suddenly counting pennies when we are one player away, and why certain teams never win championships.

What if the FO had re-signed Greinke instead of having to trade for Davish?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

Don't think he is good enough to get the Dodgers over the top....look at what he's done in Arizona.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

There sure is a lot of Kenley hate in these parts, and though I have also been disappointed, never more so than in game two of last year, he did have a post season ERA of 1.69 and 1.44 last year.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

What if the FO had re-signed Greinke instead of having to trade for Davish?

Had they done anything aside from trade for Darvish we would have won. Ryu or Greinke would have done better than spotting 5 runs in 2 separate starts.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
There sure is a lot of Kenley hate in these parts, and though I have also been disappointed, never more so than in game two of last year, he did have a post season ERA of 1.69 and 1.44 last year.

He's blown it just about every single time he's been in the WS. At least Kershaw had good outings in game 1 and 7 of 2017.

And what's frustrating about Jansen is he doesn't even seem to care. Kershaw at least owns up to and does everything he can to get better and deliver. Jansen and Machado both need to go elsewhere with their terrible attitudes and zero accountability for poor play.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Boston was simply the better team. Congrats to the Redsox for a series well played and having a 108 win season, best record in the modern era and an all time top 10 season.

Their pitchers were just outstanding and basically shut down the Dodger bats. The Dodgers pitching could not do the same to their bats.

If you followed the Dodgers all year then you are familiar with how and when Roberts makes his calls and taking Hill out in game 4, as well as Buehler in game 3 was nothing out of the ordinary.

Congrats to the Dodgers as well. Early on in the year they didn't even look like a playoff team and if you scroll back on the posts you can see many fans gave up hope. They scraped and battle for whatever wins they could and fought it down to the wire, down to one game, which they won. Beat 2 excellent teams, one of which they were supposed to lose to. Won the West and went on to the World Series and giving the fans tons of thrills along the way.

The marathon game with Max Muncy heroics will be remembered.

The makeup of the team will change next year no doubt and so might the chances of heading back to another WS for a while, who knows. But I for one will always keep the faith. Forever Blue!!!

Last edited by ChickenBeckerman on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ribeye wrote:

He's blown it just about every single time he's been in the WS. At least Kershaw had good outings in game 1 and 7 of 2017.

And what's frustrating about Jansen is he doesn't even seem to care. Kershaw at least owns up to and does everything he can to get better and deliver. Jansen and Machado both need to go elsewhere with their terrible attitudes and zero accountability for poor play.

Why do you say Jansen doesn't seem to care?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
All i can say is Roberts better not having a job by November.

Just read they are about to give him a multi year extension.

Crazy
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Crazy

My guess is that he is a good company man, who follows the outline, if not a complete script, he has been given.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Crazy

My guess is that he is a good company man, who follows the outline, if not a complete script, he has been given.

Either that script sucks or he's going off script too many times. Either way, something is seriously broken.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
ribeye wrote:

This quote from the beginning of the season, coming off of a World Series where he cost us 2 games by giving up homers:

Quote:
Now that the season has begun, let's look at the results: two appearances, two home runs, resulting in two Dodgers losses. Kenley's response: "Who cares?" Well, Kenley, we do and you better.

he gave up a home run to SF and AZ in his first 2 appearances and his response is "who cares. It's 1 game." It actually ended up being 2. And that "1 game" could have cost us the division. Not that it really matters in the end.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ribeye wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
ribeye wrote:

This quote from the beginning of the season, coming off of a World Series where he cost us 2 games by giving up homers:

Quote:
Now that the season has begun, let's look at the results: two appearances, two home runs, resulting in two Dodgers losses. Kenley's response: "Who cares?" Well, Kenley, we do and you better.

he gave up a home run to SF and AZ in his first 2 appearances and his response is "who cares. It's 1 game." It actually ended up being 2. And that "1 game" could have cost us the division. Not that it really matters in the end.

The complete quote is:

"No, it's not mechanic," Jansen told reporters. "He just got me. Who cares? Who cares? It's one game."

Maybe he could have said it better but his point was that he was fine and not hurt or out of sync due to mechanics.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Had time to cool down and I want to apologize for my angry rants in here. It was a good season and we got further than we probably deserved to. Red Sox were just a superior team to everyone this year.

Go Dodgers!
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Had time to cool down and I want to apologize for my angry rants in here. It was a good season and we got further than we probably deserved to. Red Sox were just a superior team to everyone this year.

Go Dodgers!

Thank you for mentioning that. Dodger fans are rightfully disappointed and I understand the emotion that comes with defeat. Red Sox fans have plenty to crow about and some trolling was forgiven.

Now, the page has been turned and our focus switches to the off-season and 2019.

Go Dodgers!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 332, 333, 334
Page 334 of 334
Jump to: