VIDEO - escalator in Rome subway station set to 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: VIDEO - escalator in Rome subway station set to 11

https://streamable.com/mrged
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

just me or does a lot of people wear hoodies in Rome?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
just me or does a lot of people wear hoodies in Rome?

Does a lot of people wear hoodies, or is our children learning?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

That escalated quickly.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
That escalated quickly.

clap clap clap
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

I have a fear of escalators. I’m always looking for how I can jump off if necessary.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

couldnt they have just kept running right off and away instead of just piling up at the end
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
couldnt they have just kept running right off and away instead of just piling up at the end

that assumes you see it coming.

But think about as soon as it initially happens. All of a sudden, thing speeds up. The ones at the bottom immediately lose their balance and fall. The ones immediately behind them are stuck.

There is no reaction time for the ones that are at the bottom. There's reaction time for the ones at the top as they can see it coming. The ones right at the bottom have no time to react. They just fall over immediately.

If you're right at the bottom as soon as it speeds up and you're able to run, that's Usain Bolt type reaction. Imagine you get near the bottom and you're trying to time your step to step off and all of a sudden, the thing goes from 1x speed to 8x speed. There's no way you can react correctly to run off. You'd lose your balance and fall, or the person behind you will fall into you and now you're on the floor with your foot caught in the escalator.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

But think about as soon as it initially happens. All of a sudden, thing speeds up. The ones at the bottom immediately lose their balance and fall. The ones immediately behind them are stuck.

There is no reaction time for the ones that are at the bottom. There's reaction time for the ones at the top as they can see it coming. The ones right at the bottom have no time to react. They just fall over immediately.

If you're right at the bottom as soon as it speeds up and you're able to run, that's Usain Bolt type reaction. Imagine you get near the bottom and you're trying to time your step to step off and all of a sudden, the thing goes from 1x speed to 8x speed. There's no way you can react correctly to run off. You'd lose your balance and fall, or the person behind you will fall into you and now you're on the floor with your foot caught in the escalator.

I can guarantee that from my decades of video gaming and playing sports that I would have timed that crap perfectly and jumped off smoothly. At worst, if I had lost my balance I would have done a shoulder roll and immediately bounced back on my feet.

Those people who piled up at the end panicked like (bleep).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I can guarantee that from my decades of video gaming and playing sports that I would have timed that crap perfectly and jumped off smoothly. At worst, if I had lost my balance I would have done a shoulder roll and immediately bounced back on my feet.

Those people who piled up at the end panicked like (bleep).
you read my mind, down to the shoulder roll.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: