We're going 34-48...We could've gone 34-48 without Bron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Stop embarrassing us with this crappy thread

Holy (bleep), I'm quoting 2.0 and agreeing with him.

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject:

Mavs
@Blazers
Raptors
Timberwolves
@Kings
Haws

well, if we don't find a way to (bleep) up the three easy wins (Mavs,Kings,Hawks) and we manage to steal one of the Blazers, Raps and Wolves we could go 4-2.

That would put us at 6-7...

idk, I started writing this post thinking of the bright side after our next couple games but but even getting to .500 is going to be a struggle
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Mavs
@Blazers
Raptors
Timberwolves
@Kings
Haws

well, if we don't find a way to (bleep) up the three easy wins (Mavs,Kings,Hawks) and we manage to steal one of the Blazers, Raps and Wolves we could go 4-2.

That would put us at 6-7...

idk, I started writing this post thinking of the bright side after our next couple games but but even getting to .500 is going to be a struggle

I can see Bjelica and Wes Matthews dropping 8 threes each on us, no win is a given with the type of D we've been playing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject:

The fact this team is not executing against playoff teams but keeping it close (no blowout losses this year) tells me we will be fine. We are clearly not comfortable with rotations as Luke is throwing some bizarre sub patterns out there.

We could easily be 5-2 but for team familiarity, suspensions, etc. That gives me hope.

If we lost 5 games in blowout losses, yes we should be concerned.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

It's going to be tough just to hit .500 anytime soon. We play some of the worst defense I've ever seen. With no back up big we'll continue to suck.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

When it's all said and done this team will win 41-42 games this year.
Fans complaining about the schedule but this is the West and there just aren't many cupcakes out here.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

ZZZZZZZ
Debbie Downer & Negative Nancy threads need to go to the P&M thread.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
When it's all said and done this team will win 41-42 games this year.
Fans complaining about the schedule but this is the NBA and there just aren't many cupcakes out there.period

I agree but ...... FIFY
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
On the bright side we may be in the Zion sweepstakes with the new lotto rules.

PG: Ball
SG: Ingram
SF: Kuz
PF: Zion
C: Lebron

DO IT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

When you look at box scores and see that teams are scoring 100-130 points per game, the league has indeed changed. We must play some defense in order to compete, or we will continue losing close games.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The fact this team is not executing against playoff teams but keeping it close (no blowout losses this year) tells me we will be fine. We are clearly not comfortable with rotations as Luke is throwing some bizarre sub patterns out there.

We could easily be 5-2 but for team familiarity, suspensions, etc. That gives me hope.

The thing is we can't hang our hats on these moral victories of close losses anymore. If we're actually serious about jumping from 36 wins to a playoff team, we can't afford to dig ourselves into a hole in the west. Especially since while you could argue that we could/will play better, you can also say the same for currently struggling playoff teams like Houston and OKC. We need to get it together fairly soon.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Meh...no need to panic, we've been every game we've played against WC playoff teams, I'd be more concerned if these teams were blowing us out and we were dropping games to teams we should definitely beat, like PHX, but we're not....barring a stretch of easy games I don't see us really putting it together on a more consistent basis until Dec....little patience goes along way...year 2 of LeBron I think it's fair to expect us to be at the top of the standings in the WC all year long, year 1 that's just unrealistic expectation.....the expectation should be making the playoffs and playing to form where we're the team no one wants to see in the first round...
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

I’d still rather be us than okc
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Not really, Houston and OKC are largely returning their teams in tact....I'd be way more concerned about those teams than ours
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The thing is we can't hang our hats on these moral victories of close losses anymore. If we're actually serious about jumping from 36 wins to a playoff team, we can't afford to dig ourselves into a hole in the west. Especially since while you could argue that we could/will play better, you can also say the same for currently struggling playoff teams like Houston and OKC. We need to get it together fairly soon.

My point is that we're close when we're a juvenile team still learning the ropes. We will be in the mix by March when we make a few trades/signings to bolster our weaknesses. It's glaringly apparent right now.

Agree that moral victories are shallow. But it's an indication that we have the talent but not the synergy yet.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

With the first 10 games schedule, I would feel better about 4-6 by Sunday night, meaning they will have to beat Dallas and one of Blazers/Raptors.

With the issues on defense and rebounding, 4-6 vs. that schedule would stabilize things with room for improvement.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

How I expected the season to start

Portland L
Rockets L
Spurs W
Suns W
Nuggets L
Spurs L
Wolves W

3-4. But we are 2-5. Not the end of the world...unless we lose the next 3
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

My point is that we're close when we're a juvenile team still learning the ropes. We will be in the mix by March when we make a few trades/signings to bolster our weaknesses. It's glaringly apparent right now.

Agree that moral victories are shallow. But it's an indication that we have the talent but not the synergy yet.

And my point is digging a hole may make it irrelevant if we're not getting it together until March. The West is looking deep without OKC and Houston playing well. Being in games is nice but they don't tally moral victories in the standings and we can't afford to fall too far behind.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And my point is digging a hole may make it irrelevant if we're not getting it together until March. The West is looking deep without OKC and Houston playing well. Being in games is nice but they don't tally moral victories in the standings and we can't afford to fall too far behind.

We have hole-mates in OKC and Houston. Will be fun to dig out!
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

lol We'll see, my man.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hey I don't mind the Kings making the playoffs to screw the Celtics pick.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: We're going 34-48...We could've gone 34-48 without Bron

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
2-5 now... And it won't get any better...
We won't make the playoffs ....38 wins is being generous... Hopefully this is an antijinx and it works in our favor... But this team is cooked man... Do we own our first round pick?
lets say you're 100% correct in your assessment(heres to hoping its an anti jinx) .

Saying we could've done that bad without bron almost sounds like you're saying we should not have picked him up with that spare change we had left over?

Let me caution you. If you dont pick him up, even if you pick up some other guy say Paul george who was truly free. the other guys we wanted were not FA's.

This means Bron would be on some other team. No thank you. I dont need to deal with that monster alongside other monsters on some other team knowing I could've had him on my own team. Us getting bron means no one else can get him for the next 4 years. We have one monster, we now need another. Thats either going to be one of our kids turn into a monster THIS or Next season, Or we will have to scoop another monster up in the summer or via trade(not willing to trade the farm for another monster, I'll trade some of the farm, not the entire farm because that will defeat the purpose.)

and the truth is, if by chance we do see ourselves only winning 30 something games. we need to go all in on the tank and start playing bron 25 mins a night. aint no reason to use up his fuel tank on a knowingly trash season at that point. let him chill. take these L's. and get in that Zion sweepstakes.

or at worse, get one more high pick trade chip. It's not that i want any more young players unless they are super dynamic like a zion, once in a life time looking talent (could be others by the time the next draft roles around.) But i surely wouldnt mind us having that nice moveable part to trade for better pieces for our team going forward.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Meh. If they start about trading away 4 first rounders for Jimmy Butler THEN maybe I'll start to worry. But week #2 with a group of guys who never even saw each other in underwear until 6 weeks ago? Yeah, that's gonna take a bit of time to gel. The Lakers lost 2 starters for half their games and they were still in EVERY one of them, even with the lack of team cohesion. The Rockets lose one starter, with the remainder of the team in tact playing in a familiar system against inferior competition and they look like a dang lottery team. Things will be just fine in Laker land....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Team's margin is -0.4 lol. Basketball is a variable sport, sometimes things just don't go your way.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: We're going 34-48...We could've gone 34-48 without Bron

splashmtn wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:
2-5 now... And it won't get any better...
We won't make the playoffs ....38 wins is being generous... Hopefully this is an antijinx and it works in our favor... But this team is cooked man... Do we own our first round pick?
lets say you're 100% correct in your assessment(heres to hoping its an anti jinx) .

Saying we could've done that bad without bron almost sounds like you're saying we should not have picked him up with that spare change we had left over?

Let me caution you. If you dont pick him up, even if you pick up some other guy say Paul george who was truly free. the other guys we wanted were not FA's.

This means Bron would be on some other team. No thank you. I dont need to deal with that monster alongside other monsters on some other team knowing I could've had him on my own team. Us getting bron means no one else can get him for the next 4 years. We have one monster, we now need another. Thats either going to be one of our kids turn into a monster THIS or Next season, Or we will have to scoop another monster up in the summer or via trade(not willing to trade the farm for another monster, I'll trade some of the farm, not the entire farm because that will defeat the purpose.)

and the truth is, if by chance we do see ourselves only winning 30 something games. we need to go all in on the tank and start playing bron 25 mins a night. aint no reason to use up his fuel tank on a knowingly trash season at that point. let him chill. take these L's. and get in that Zion sweepstakes.

or at worse, get one more high pick trade chip. It's not that i want any more young players unless they are super dynamic like a zion, once in a life time looking talent (could be others by the time the next draft roles around.) But i surely wouldnt mind us having that nice moveable part to trade for better pieces for our team going forward.

Of course we take Lebron if hes available. We weren't able to land ANY stars before him. But independant of that, lol, I still think the OP has a valid point: we could be a 35-40 win team without lebron, and that is hilarious. Call me crazy, but this is why i wanted PG.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: