*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks (10/31/18) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

90% choke job in the end but a win is a win. ..... NEXT!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

Rondo's not playing well
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Refs let the foul go because LeBron had a wide open layup. He should be encouraging them NOT to call those cheap fouls.

OK, but that was intentional. No reason not call it. Woulda been a and 1

Funny because they didn't call the same foul at the end of the 2nd qtr. Everyone hates the Lakers not even bron gets calls
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

Luke is putting all the players in a position to fail. And KCP really sucks.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

Doncic is a player man. Mavs hit a home run on that pick.

He got shutdown in the first half, but adjusted pretty well. He also has deadly range.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/jacobrude/status/1057856604262019072?s=21

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

+27 in 20 min last night.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He got shutdown in the first half, but adjusted pretty well. He also has deadly range.

The phrase "hit a home run" seems off to me because the Mavs were gonna get a good player no matter who they drafted- last year was a deep draft, they originally had Trae Young, who is also looking good. "Home run" is when you find starters in the last few picks in the draft like: nance, clarkson, Hart, Kuzma...76ers got a home run with Shamet for example.
Mavs deserve no credit- they sucked, got a good pick in a deep draft, and drafted who they were supposed to draft.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

My guess is Luke wants this team to run and play like the GSW. The pieces we have right now do not fit that mold due to the lack of shooting and lack of unselfishness.

People seem to be happy about Lance, but I foresee him as a liability. He may have won us that game where he brought us back, but he's going to lose us games as well. He doesn't seem to play into the style that I mentioned Luke wanting. He's fairly ball dominant and careless.

My biggest surprise this year is McGee. I thought he would bring nothing but fouls and mistakes. So far he has been fairly good, although I'd like to see him attempt less shots where he has to create it himself.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

and the first 5 off the bench need to be:
Lance ( for shot creation)
Hart (for switchability)
Svi ( best shooter we have imo)
Rondo (pure PG)
ZU (get the guy reps, rondo will find him)(moe?)
Kcp and beasley need to ride the bench forever.

Of course my man Zo is in the mix with the best +/- bunch...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The phrase "hit a home run" seems off to me because the Mavs were gonna get a good player no matter who they drafted- last year was a deep draft, they originally had Trae Young, who is also looking good. "Home run" is when you find starters in the last few picks in the draft like: nance, clarkson, Hart, Kuzma...76ers got a home run with Shamet for example.
Mavs deserve no credit- they sucked, got a good pick in a deep draft, and drafted who they were supposed to draft.

All I’m saying is it was the right choice. The 2017 draft had a lot of talent and as it currently stands the Sixers whiffed on Fultz as an example.

Unless you are drafting a Lebron with the #1 pick, imo it’s not that easy.

I agree that you can hit a home run or get the steal of the draft late, just saying it’s not easy to hit on the pick if it isn’t a clear cut #1 like a Lebron or a Shaq. Look at how many #2 picks have failed to live up to their draft position.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

Obviously was our best lineup. Luke should of already figured out from the start of the season this is our best lineup. Maybe feeling guilty since we’re paying KCP 12 million?

Ingram is quick enough to guard 2 guards. Even though he seemed a bit selfish but I’m starting to believe Lebron is giving him that green light. An Kuzma ain’t no damn 6th man. Too damn good not to be starting.

I wish Luke had this lineup rollin since the start of the season. They would of developed more chemistry up until now. That first 8 minutes of the game was beautiful just pure domination.

The only problem from this lineup last night is that our BIG 3 of BI, Kuzma, and Lebron each one of them choked a few free throw nearly costing us the game. Thankfully Lebron was able to sink at least one and we won.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

This is our best lineup.

The tricky thing is how to mix 'em with our bench, so our bench don't suck as yesterday
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

All I’m saying is it was the right choice. The 2017 draft had a lot of talent and as it currently stands the Sixers whiffed on Fultz as an example.

Unless you are drafting a Lebron with the #1 pick, imo it’s not that easy.

I agree that you can hit a home run or get the steal of the draft late, just saying it’s not easy to hit on the pick if it isn’t a clear cut #1 like a Lebron or a Shaq. Look at how many #2 picks have failed to live up to their draft position.

Mavs had to trade a lightly protected 1st to move up to get Doncic. They would have had seen really special potential in Doncic. So far it looks like they are right.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

Doncic is going to be a force in this league for years to come. 5 or 6 years from now you could be talking about him as one of the best players in the league. He's born ready for the league. 19 years old and he's playing like he's been playing in the NBA for years. I also near enough guarantee that he's out of the Mavs the first chance he gets too. That's a big market player if ever there was one. Potential future face of the league.

I also think that I have no idea what version of the Lakers is going to show up on any given night. I wouldn't be amazed to see them just show up and be amazing against either POR or TOR. I wrote them off before the Nuggets game and then they balled out.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

BI completely shut him down in the 1st half and 75% of the 3rd Q - Doncic was 0-5 in the first half.
With 3:02 left in the 3rd, Doncic hit his first 3 - giving him 5pts. and that 3 came with someone other than BI guarding him.
in the stretch run in the 4th, BI was guarding Barrea - and that's when Doncic did a little damage, finishing with 14 total
but you can hardly say Doncic was a player last night - his ass was shutdown for 3.75 quarters and made very little impact
If they'd kept BI on him all night, he would have been lucky to get 10pts on 25% shooting or less.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

BI completely shut him down in the 1st half and 75% of the 3rd Q - Doncic was 0-5 in the first half.
With 3:02 left in the 3rd, Doncic hit his first 3 - giving him 5pts. and that 3 came with someone other than BI guarding him.
in the stretch run in the 4th, BI was guarding Barrea - and that's when Doncic did a little damage, finishing with 14 total
but you can hardly say Doncic was a player last night - his ass was shutdown for 3.75 quarters and made very little impact
If they'd kept BI on him all night, he would have been lucky to get 10pts on 25% shooting or less.

Ingram did a good job defending Doncic for sure.

I just felt like Doncic led the Dallas comeback in the 4th. He took initiative and played well, that’s tough to do for a 19 year old rookie in crunch time on the road on a big stage. Maybe if Ingram stays on him (stay out of foul trouble!), Doncic doesn’t finish the game strong but I thought he rose to the pressure and I can’t say that for every young player in that situation. Look at DSJ, he faded and was completely taken out of the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51
Jump to: