OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

Zu is a good kid and only 21. People act like he has been around forever and should be a vet with an advance game.

He is the only player that seems to have a quick hook and he rarely has be given a chance to play. All he needs is court time and a little confidence and he will be fine. He can rebound, defend the paint and score in the post if given a chance.

Anyway nice to see him get some minutes and play well.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject:

He was servicable on O, but his defense is atrocious. Hopefully the teams as whole slowly picks it up on that side of the ball.
Flashback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Zu is a good kid and only 21. People act like he has been around forever and should be a vet with an advance game.

He is the only player that seems to have a quick hook and he rarely has be given a chance to play. All he needs is court time and a little confidence and he will be fine. He can rebound, defend the paint and score in the post if given a chance.

I absolutelly agree. He just needs some game exp to gain confidence, and we gonna have a solid backup C.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

Walton gave Zubac final chance. After Chandler’s arrival, Zubac will only see limited minutes if any. So now basically if we need offence we play Zubac if we need defend we play Chandler. At least Zubac still has a role on this team.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

He plays better against traditional centers.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Walton gave Zubac final chance. After Chandler’s arrival, Zubac will only see limited minutes if any. So now basically if we need offence we play Zubac if we need defend we play Chandler. At least Zubac still has a role on this team.

I was wondering if that was a showcase game so they can try and get something for him instead of just waiving him. Javale, Tyson and Zu are all traditional centers. I don't see us having playing time for all three.

Offensively, I don't know if Zu brings anything that Javale or Tyson can't also provide. He's basically just providing tip-ins and at the rim dunks.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

Flashback wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

I absolutelly agree. He just needs some game exp to gain confidence, and we gonna have a solid backup C.

Dude is 39 days old than Mo Wagner. He should be schooling the youngin!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Maybe playing against Chandler in practice will help raise his game.

I wouldn't get rid of him yet because Tyson is old and Zu is still only 21.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

We don't need three players who do the same thing. Instead, we another player with length but quick enough to defend on the perimeter when Javale or Chandler can't.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

I do think we need a third string center. Javale is such a huge part of this team, and hasn't played the kind of minutes he's playing this season since forever. He goes down for any stretch this season? We'll rely heavily on Tyson Chandler, and he's going to need breathers. Conversely, I don't expect Chander at his age is likely to be 100% all season either, and Zubac just showed last night that he can do just enough to counter a 'go big' strategy. Zubac is now end of the bench, in a perfect world we won't need him, but I think the reality is that we will.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I do think we need a third string center. Javale is such a huge part of this team, and hasn't played the kind of minutes he's playing this season since forever. He goes down for any stretch this season? We'll rely heavily on Tyson Chandler, and he's going to need breathers. Conversely, I don't expect Chander at his age is likely to be 100% all season either, and Zubac just showed last night that he can do just enough to counter a 'go big' strategy. Zubac is now end of the bench, in a perfect world we won't need him, but I think the reality is that we will.
m

This. Injuries are a b and older players take longer to recover.

DaMuleRules, 2 Sept 2017
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I was wondering if that was a showcase game so they can try and get something for him instead of just waiving him. Javale, Tyson and Zu are all traditional centers. I don't see us having playing time for all three.

Offensively, I don't know if Zu brings anything that Javale or Tyson can't also provide. He's basically just providing tip-ins and at the rim dunks.

This was a great move for the FO. Chandler is the missing link. He’ll spell McGee perfectly. As for Zu, he played great last night but doesn’t do it consistently. He’s unfortunately still learning. The goner here is Williams who shouldn’t even be on the roster.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

This was a great move for the FO. Chandler is the missing link. He’ll spell McGee perfectly. As for Zu, he played great last night but doesn’t do it consistently. He’s unfortunately still learning. The goner here is Williams who shouldn’t even be on the roster.

I don't expect Williams to get cut as his two-way contract has no effect on the 15 man roster.

I'm hoping we can trade Zu for an athletic big who can guard on the perimeter. That's the kind of player we can use now instead of keeping a redundant piece like Zu in case of injury.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

We don't need three players who do the same thing. Instead, we another player with length but quick enough to defend on the perimeter when Javale or Chandler can't.

Yeah but Chandler might not be playing by next season. Good to have him mentor Zu to take over.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Zu Always played well with PNR point guards.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I agree. We already have depth at every other position. But if McGee goes out with injury, we are screwed. I like the insurance that Zubac provides, even with Chandler here.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Williams isn't going anywhere. He's on a two-way deal. But I'd definitely pick him over Zubac if it was necessary to choose. The team doesn't have a small ball five. I'm hoping they'll waive Zubac and sign Swaggy since this team is still in dire need of shooting. I'd be fully satisfied with the roster if they made that final move.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Ivica Zubac is only 21 yrs old. He is not going anywhere. I think the front office will be patient with him.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Ivica Zubac is only 21 yrs old. He is not going anywhere. I think the front office will be patient with him.

Southbay Lakers baby!
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Southbay Lakers baby!

yep! Still needs to work on his conditioning. He can take his time at dleague since we signed Tyson Chandler.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Like many have said, no need to cut Zu. We don’t need a roster spot.

That may change if more buyouts occur and serviceable players become available.

Until then, keep developing.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Zu is okay when he comes in every 3rd game for 15 minutes.

i don't have faith, at this stage in his career, that he can hold down the fort for us for extended periods of time.

sometimes you just need a big body on the floor, and he's just that.

he won't be on the team next year if he doesn't show up ASAP.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

He just seems too slow and lumbering to defend at this level and in this era. Not sure how he can change that too much.
lotc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

i dont know about you guys, but whenever hes in the game it just makes me mad. He has no reason to be on this team
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

His hands are a little too soft.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 244 of 290
Jump to: