*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Portland Trailblazers (11/3/18 ) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64

View previous topic :: View next topic  
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Was 20' from the Lakers bench. PDX is a tough place to win, but they seemed very calm. Loved Luke yanking JeVale for Zubac for a couple plays on that jumper. Lit into him on the way to his seat. My guess he goes to the basket next time. Lots of 23's in the crowd.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I wanted this game probably more than I should want a regular season win . Felt like getting a 10,000 pound gorilla off our backs. Every damn year I have to pencil in 2 losses @ Portland before the season starts. I can erase that L and make it a W.

I saw some semblance of a defense for a few brief flashes.

Lebron still looks too big and out of shape. The beast is coming though guys. By 2nd half of the season he'll look and move different. You can tell he's just pacing himself.

Hart with the ice skates. Incredible balance there. Had to watch that over a few times.

Nice effort from Zu tonight. Defense is still horrendous but he made a nice contribution on the glass and putbacks.

Rondo earned the game ball tonight, with honorable mention to Javale. Those two guys carried us tonight.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
I know I complain about the Lakers coverage but their postgame is second to none...

Portland on the other hand no interviews...just 3 guys sitting around a table with their laptops

http://buffstreamz.com/watch/nba-16.php

I wish NBA LP would show these post-games..

I paid for LP one year and it was such a hassle the tech told me to go find a stream...this was back when the streams weren't as good as now. I wasn't happy they told me to go SD while I paid them for HD..learned my lesson

...that postgame show is like a live QFTOS

showing a 30 minute 'compacto' now almost over

http://buffstreamz.com/watch/nba-16.php
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
Was 20' from the Lakers bench. PDX is a tough place to win, but they seemed very calm. Loved Luke yanking JeVale for Zubac for a couple plays on that jumper. Lit into him on the way to his seat. My guess he goes to the basket next time. Lots of 23's in the crowd.

Nice ! Looks like you picked the right game to attend lol finally snapped the losing streak.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
parsons777 wrote:

Nice ! Looks like you picked the right game to attend lol finally snapped the losing streak.

Missed it!!
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Yeah, the new crew in Portland is way better than the previous crew. The previous guys literally complained on foul call and bust on every highlight
OOhhhh man that previous Blazer TV crew was the most biased pair I'd ever had misery of listening to!!! SO glad they're gone!

The prior Portland crew were big Kobe and Phil haters, mocking them during broadcasts. If they are gone now, good riddance. They were awful.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

Say what you will about these first 10 games but that's two big scalps we've claimed so far in DEN and POR on the road. POR were 28-13 at home last year, the MODA center is no easy place to go and get a win.

In another thread I predicted 4-6 as my expectation for the first 10 games, ascribing to the theory that we would beat the teams that we should (PHX, DAL) and claim some wins elsewhere. If we manage to beat TOR tonight then .500 against the 11th toughest schedule as yet

http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Is VERY good going considering

- The squad turnover we've had.
- The fact we've not necessarily shot the 3 that well (35% from 3 as a team, good for 19th)
- Defended that well (119.9 pts allowed a game, good for 27th)
- Had 2 of our better players suspended for 3 and 4 games.
- Had no real back up center to speak of. As much as I like Williams we literally pulled him from the G League.

We still haven't lost by double digits, in fact we've scored 1082 points and allowed 1079. That's how close it has been. If this team figures out the defensive side of the ball, now we have a diligent back up 5 then November could be a very good month for us.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject:

That was a much needed victory and while this losing the lead thing is baffling, at least they somewhat learned from experience and continued to hustle to get the win.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

I missed most of the game. Caught the last 10 minutes. The Lakers once again blew a big lead and turn the game into a nail biter? If so that's not good. They pulled it out but they still haven't learned to protect a lead and close. Was it rotations or inexperience?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

post this here until today game thread comes up..

Today's Officials November 4, 2018

TORONTO @ L.A. LAKERS Josh Tiven (#58) Brent Barnaky (#36) Eric Dalen (#37)

http://official.nba.com/
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I missed most of the game. Caught the last 10 minutes. The Lakers once again blew a big lead and turn the game into a nail biter? If so that's not good. They pulled it out but they still haven't learned to protect a lead and close. Was it rotations or inexperience?

Rondo was controlling the game, but because of the foul trouble he had to be sacked to start the 4th quarter.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

NBA on ESPN
@ESPNNBA

Brandon Ingram's latest poster: LeBron approved ✅

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1058962512635408386/photo/1

"Fly!!,I'm telling you he has arrived"
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

So pissed I missed this game. My lady was dying to go see this cover band. First win in Portland in some time. Go Lakers!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64
Page 64 of 64
Jump to: