*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Toronto Raptors (11/4/18 ) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
LeBron sucks. No where near Kobe's league.

That's great. Kobe is not playing anymore.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Ibaka had 34 points. On 88% shooting.

Legend.

Something to also keep in mind, the dude has always had good games against us even when he was in OKC.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
GTL wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:
Losing to Raps @ home w/o Kwahi. Garbage

They’re still a great team even without Kawhi. It was foolish to think that just because he wasn’t playing we were guaranteed a victory. They’re still a dangerous squad as you can see. Our complete lack of defense doesn’t help. As well as giving up 40+ in the first. Ugh. Bad loss.

Losing is one thing; we got completely handled the entire game. We only made it “close” at the end because a Toronto clowned us all night and let up off the gas with a big lead and little time left.

While Lowry rubbed it in our faces with his antics at the end after his banker. I hope this team remembers that the next time they play in Toronto. They let them clown us like this.

Exactly, and especially considering lowry flops and looks for the refs to bail him out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's embarrassing, but some clown will tell me that's just "gamesmanship" when to me I think it just really makes this league look like a perpetual game of the globetrotters vs the washington generals...
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
LeBron sucks. No where near Kobe's league.

agree times infinity
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

after watching the game I’m surprised Luke wasn’t relieved of his coaching duties after the first quarter - I’ve never seen a team with such lack of defensive sense or awareness ...
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
GTL wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
GTL wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

They’re still a great team even without Kawhi. It was foolish to think that just because he wasn’t playing we were guaranteed a victory. They’re still a dangerous squad as you can see. Our complete lack of defense doesn’t help. As well as giving up 40+ in the first. Ugh. Bad loss.

Losing is one thing; we got completely handled the entire game. We only made it “close” at the end because a Toronto clowned us all night and let up off the gas with a big lead and little time left.

While Lowry rubbed it in our faces with his antics at the end after his banker. I hope this team remembers that the next time they play in Toronto. They let them clown us like this.

Exactly, and especially considering lowry flops and looks for the refs to bail him out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's embarrassing, but some clown will tell me that's just "gamesmanship" when to me I think it just really makes this league look like a perpetual game of the globetrotters vs the washington generals...

I don’t recognize the league anymore from what it was even back in 2010 when the Lakers played actual defensive powerhouses in the western playoffs all the way to Boston in the finals. Every single player complains about every foul call, then trouts out and starts doing some clown act after hitting a shot. Whatever happened to going out there and playing some competitive basketball without the WWE theatrics attached?!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
after watching the game I’m surprised Luke wasn’t relieved of his coaching duties after the first quarter - I’ve never seen a team with such lack of defensive sense or awareness ...

I was disgusted man, looked like the Lakers were just in cruise control and just decided to pack it in before the game even started, hopefully this was just gitters from the team and they never have a game like this again.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo was the only watch able thing about this game. Luke needs to go
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
GTL wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
GTL wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

I don’t recognize the league anymore from what it was even back in 2010 when the Lakers played actual defensive powerhouses in the western playoffs all the way to Boston in the finals. Every single player complains about every foul call, then trouts out and starts doing some clown act after hitting a shot. Whatever happened to going out there and playing some competitive basketball without the WWE theatrics attached?!

The only difference I remember about 2010 was the Lakers winning.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
GTL wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
GTL wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
GTL wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

I recently went back and watched every game from every series that year, from start to finish, which I had recorded. (while fast forwarding some parts of course).

That repeat team in 2010 was something special. The fundamentals they had on the defensive end was a treat to watch. Some lapses here and there, but you can always count on them to get it done in the end.

How far we’ve come from 2010.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

We'll know where we are after the next ten easier games ...

wish Svi could teach his defensive footwork to Kuz...

Raptors played on Tuesday at home Friday in Arizona and had a nice practice at UCLA yesterday...

Anyone catch the Raptor crew saying the Lakers rebuild is a product of their former coach Jesse Mermuys???
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
GTL wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
GTL wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
GTL wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

I recently went back and watched every game from every series that year, from start to finish, which I had recorded. (while fast forwarding some parts of course).

That repeat team in 2010 was something special. The fundamentals they had on the defensive end was a treat to watch. Some lapses here and there, but you can always count on them to get it done in the end.

That’s what having a real coach and competent staff will get you.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakers certainly channeled their inner ode to the Safaries surf rock..

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha............WIPEOUT...!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Lakers certainly channeled their inner ode to the Safaries surf rock..

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha............WIPEOUT...!

maybe channel The Ventures??? "Walk Don't Run"

TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else not a fan of Lebron leaving the court before time runs out? I don't recall Kobe or Shaq doing that.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject:

I am not taking much stock in this loss, 2nd game of a back to back, Toronto wanted to beat LBJ.

Toronto is ONLY good in the regular season, they choke over and over in the postseason. They probably just wanted to prove to themselves they can beat LBJ since he absolutely owns them.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
GTL wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
GTL wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

I think the game is better than ever. Skilled players at every position, fast paced, ball movement, lots of offense and lots of 3s.

Imo the league was at its worst in the 2000s even tho i loved watching Kobe iso everyone to death
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Raptors came in and basically made the Clippers their only competition for the services of Kawhi.

KL would be crazy to join the Lakers unless Uncle Dennis really has that Lakers tattoo imprinted on KL.

makes 0 sense....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Raptors came in and basically made the Clippers their only competition for the services of Kawhi.

KL would be crazy to join the Lakers unless Uncle Dennis really has that Lakers tattoo imprinted on KL.

makes 0 sense....

Why? He has a pretty good team in Toronto.

If he has made up his mind that it’s LA and he’s seeing what’s going on here vs. his own team with the Clippers. Their draft pick SGA is looking like he’s going to be pretty good.

KD or Klay might (for various reasons on and off court), but I just don’t see Kawhi doing it. It’s going to be Raptors or Clippers imo.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

I was disgusted man, looked like the Lakers were just in cruise control and just decided to pack it in before the game even started, hopefully this was just gitters from the team and they never have a game like this again.

Not jitters, Deuce. This is a problem they brought from last year over to this one. Numerous dead cold starts in the first month or two, requiring them to play catch-up for the rest of the game. EG: they went down 16-3 at MIN right off the bat two games after going down 24-7 to the Clips at home. Immediate holes that effectively ruin the next 40 mins of the game. Best they can do is get bitten so many times because of it that they, themselves are fed up with their own lack of readiness. If Luke is like Phil, maybe he should burn sage and blow the smoke onto the uniforms before games.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Not jitters, Deuce. This is a problem they brought from last year over to this one. Numerous dead cold starts in the first month or two, requiring them to play catch-up for the rest of the game. EG: they went down 16-3 at MIN right off the bat two games after going down 24-7 to the Clips at home. Immediate holes that effectively ruin the next 40 mins of the game. Best they can do is get bitten so many times because of it that they, themselves are fed up with their own lack of readiness. If Luke is like Phil, maybe he should burn sage and blow the smoke onto the uniforms before games.

The only reason Luke coached well at golden state is that he had a tiet 1 defensive coach Ron Adams as the offense took care of itself.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
GTL wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
GTL wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
GTL wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

Funny because I recall people calling out Phil for not practicing defense or emphasizing defense. Something of that sort.

I believe what you say. That was the last Laker team with great defense.
Only time we would (bleep) about defense was when a random scrub would torch us or we would be getting "hosed" by the refs. That team was definitely more frustrating to watch at times than the 2009 team.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Franchise-worst first quarter leaves the Lakers lamenting lack of communication defensively against Raptors

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/11/5/18063702/franchise-worst-first-quarter-lakers-communication-defensively-raptors-recap-final-score-defense
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:
Anyone else not a fan of Lebron leaving the court before time runs out? I don't recall Kobe or Shaq doing that.

Not a big deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42
Jump to: