The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 865, 866, 867 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

Could care less if James goes to a party. As long as he plays hard on the court.

He is human and has a life. He can attend charity events, kids events, strip clubs or attend business meetings all he wants as long as his primary goals and focus remain as a Laker and his on court performance.

So far I'm seeing some issues with his focus. If it is related to over booking his time to promote his business interests or the James Empire then I have a real problem with it.

The Man has been given the max contract and pedestal to be the Lakers team leader on and off the court for the young guys. Is James a Laker for the next three years to win games or sell his Brand?

Don't tell me, show me! Lets see where the next ten games leaves them.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
governator wrote:
LeBron’s defense was awful last night... same with everybody else. There’s no need to sugarcoat LeBron’s defensive effort last night and definitely no need to exaggerate the doom and gloom scenario.

We’re taking our early lumps 10 games in, Even with Prime Dwade and prime Bosh, it took LeBron 20 games just to get to 0.500, let’s see how we do by Xmas

Your making a lot of sense in this lively debate even Javale had a bad game defensively and he's the best we have Lebron is still a great player but he's getting old and your not going to get great defense at this stage in his career and the FO knew that when they signed him.They may have to slow down the pace to help him some and bring in some good shooters in free agency.

We'll see if T.Chandler and the somewhat improved Zubac can shore up our defense the way McGee has. The small ball doesn't work because unlike Draymond who bangs hard and has an active hand, Kuzma and LeBron simply don't. Kuzma just can't, LeBron doesn't do it until 2 minutes left in the game (and I don't blame him, he won't last 4 years if he plays like Draymond). I put it on the coach who set up that lineup

On a side note, if we strike out, might as well offer Draymond the max and pried him off GS (but somehow gotta retain McGee/Rondo and maybe Lance)
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Apparently Lebron went to P Diddy's party after the game.

Probably should be watching film or practicing free throws.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/05/lebron-james-diddy-birthday-party-lakers/

You don't have to watch film, shoot free throws, or anything else right after a game is over. That is ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with him attending his friend's party and supporting him.

Being a basketball player doesn't mean you're no longer allowed to have any semblance of a life outside of basketball. It will never cease to amaze me that people actually think this way.

I don't recall Kobe going out to clubs and parties.

No one else is like Kobe because Kobe is kind of psycho. Normal players have social lives and get sleep. Or, in the case of equally psycho Jordan, go out al night gambling and then drop 50 the next day. Why does everyone have to have Kobe’s lifestyle? Last I checked Lebron actually monitors his sympathetic vs parasympathetic nervous system and tries to get enough parasympathetic stimulation to encourage recovery. Going to a party sounds like he’s doing what he should be doing to relax. These guys can’t all be genetic freaks in the same way: Kobe could live without sleep and didn’t feel pain; Lebron has a photographic memory and the sensory skills of a master sommelier. All the accesory traits are random. Oh, and going back to revieofilm and Bron’s Memory: I would guess he’s perfectly able to review all the details of the game in his head while drinking wine and having a conversation. It’s not fair, but he’s that talented. Not stop being jealous you weren’t invited to the parry.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

The man drops 7 figures yearly to maintain his body, that's dedication. At least financial dedication. Kinda like if you make $35000/yr, you spend at least $1000 (that's a good chunk)
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

You don't have to watch film, shoot free throws, or anything else right after a game is over. That is ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with him attending his friend's party and supporting him.

Being a basketball player doesn't mean you're no longer allowed to have any semblance of a life outside of basketball. It will never cease to amaze me that people actually think this way.

So what?
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

Yeah, but Kobe was pretty much a social recluse. LeBron has always had an outgoing happy-go-lucky aura around him. Not really a fair comparison.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Michael Jordan was also a guy who went drinking and partying after games... Kobe grew up with more of a sensitive personality.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
I think Kobe's dedication and professionalism is sometimes over exaggerated, especially in LeBron comparisons, but I absolutely could never imagine Kobe doing 2 let alone all 3 of: 1. Getting his ass kicked 2. Not checking back in the game 3. Partying afterwards. Barely 10 games in and I've already soured on LeBron.

Kobe again huh?

Yep.

So?

Is Kobe coming back from retirement to save us right now? Is he available so we could trade LeBron for Kobe now?

Fans living in the past instead of the now.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
I think Kobe's dedication and professionalism is sometimes over exaggerated, especially in LeBron comparisons, but I absolutely could never imagine Kobe doing 2 let alone all 3 of: 1. Getting his ass kicked 2. Not checking back in the game 3. Partying afterwards. Barely 10 games in and I've already soured on LeBron.

Kobe again huh?

Yep.

So?

Is Kobe coming back from retirement to save us right now? Is he available so we could trade LeBron for Kobe now?

Fans living in the past instead of the now.

I’m confident KD or KL would be unfavorably compared to Kobe too.
Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

So what?

So as a fan, I want to hear that after a humiliating loss... at home court no less... Lebron spent 10 hours working on foot work, defensive drills and free throws. That illustrates commitment. Going out to party with P Diddy and the Bad Boy crew right after a sub par performance tells me you don't give a ____ about where the team is headed. It tells me you are OK with what just happened. Kobe was focused, and that should be the bar
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

So what?

So as a fan, I want to hear that after a humiliating loss... at home court no less... Lebron spent 10 hours working on foot work, defensive drills and free throws. That illustrates commitment. Going out to party with P Diddy and the Bad Boy crew right after a sub par performance tells me you don't give a ____ about where the team is headed. It tells me you are OK with what just happened. Kobe was focused, and that should be the bar

I am assuming u r old enough to work. assuming that u work, u work 24/7/365?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

So what?

I am assuming u r old enough to work. assuming that u work, u work 24/7/365?

You’ve never heard the phrase ball is life? It isn’t hyperbole.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

So what?

Any player that spent 10 hours working after an NBA basketball game would have nothing left, play worse and drastically increase the risk of injury. It is impossible and no one who knows anything about basketball or physiology or common sense will agree with you, so if that is your expectation, please realize this it is absurd, will never happen and that you will be condemned to a life of LeBron hating forever.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Need these!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

https://sneakernews.com/2018/10/22/nike-lebron-16-king-la-release-info/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

So what?

Kobe’s literal friend was basketball. He had no social life. Derek Fisher was reportedly the only teammate he invited to his house. Kobe is cut from a different cloth. If not a Star basketball Player he could have easily been American Psycho also.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

Any player that spent 10 hours working after an NBA basketball game would have nothing left, play worse and drastically increase the risk of injury. It is impossible and no one who knows anything about basketball or physiology or common sense will agree with you, so if that is your expectation, please realize this it is absurd, will never happen and that you will be condemned to a life of LeBron hating forever.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

So what?

Kobe’s literal friend was basketball. He had no social life. Derek Fisher was reportedly the only teammate he invited to his house. Kobe is cut from a different cloth. If not a Star basketball Player he could have easily been American Psycho also.

Kobe is clearly a sociopath.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

So what?

Anyone with an ounce of common sense shouldn't expect any player to overwork themselves. Of course, players are human, and need rest to recuperate. I don't believe anyone is expecting Lakers players to go through some kind of "Rocky montage" type of workout, on their off days.

That said, an argument could be made that extra film sessions, team defense oriented practices, could take the place of partying. On the other hand, players do need their personal space, to decompress. Playing these games is as much a mental ordeal, as it is physical. In the end, it's all about finding the right balance.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:

Magic Johnson was also notorious for hosting Hollywood parties and partying in clubs during the season while he was still playing. Read his book.

He would go to clubs on the road or host parties with best friend Arsenio Hall at his own mansion.

Magic was even partying 2 days after he took his HIV tests while the Lakers were playing pre-season games getting ready to start the new season.
Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

Magic Johnson was also notorious for hosting Hollywood parties and partying in clubs during the season while he was still playing. Read his book.

He would go to clubs on the road or host parties with best friend Arsenio Hall at his own mansion.

Magic was even partying 2 days after he took his HIV tests while the Lakers were playing pre-season games getting ready to start the new season.

The difference is the Lakers were winning championships then...just sayin'. Sure party all you want if you are winning and dominating.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

The difference is the Lakers were winning championships then...just sayin'. Sure party all you want if you are winning and dominating.

how do you win a championship in 10 games?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

He should at least be making the finals every year if he wants a social life.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Judah wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

So what?

Or an award winning filmmaker.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

He should at least be making the finals every year if he wants a social life.

He should only go out for dinner if the team wins and have to brown bag it after losses.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

So if you and your coworkers had a bad day at work that means you shouldn’t attend a friend’s birthday party? Especially if they’re expecting you to be there? Okay...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 865, 866, 867 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 866 of 2079
Jump to: