Anyone else sick of this 'high octane' offense?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
danzag wrote:
Our offense is not the problem. We're scoring in bunches.
Our defense is.

Yep.
Blame pie:
80% defense. 19% offense. 1% special teams.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

The team needs to learn what to do if the initial break doesn't get you a good look. Go ahead and run every time, but if a good opportunity is not there they need to flow into a 1/2 court offense.

For everyone worried about LBJ, let him be the last "big" down the court. Someone has to be last, and it puts him at the top of the key to start any 1/2 court action.

What we need:
Know when to break off the break. An actual 1/2 court offense. Some consistent shooting (should come from running an actual offense).
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Well, part of the question that for me always shadowed Lonzo's chance for NBA success grew from the way he propelled a high octane UCLA offense: long passes, pace, pace, pace, turnovers galore, playing with a cadre of some pretty good three point shooters.

We don't have the shooters.

I'm not convinced that the NBA's comparative greater player speed, higher average quickness and far greater average length by itself makes impossible a Laker version of the UCLA offense. Poor shooting hurts. Sloppy Laker play, that's a killer all by itself. Decision-making and pass accuracy, those are correctable things, but in a single season ? Dunno if these are fixable things with this roster at all, let alone before April.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

The title makes of this thread sound like an energy drink someone from East County San Diego would drink, that comes from a obnoxious black and green can. Maybe with a pair dragon eyes on the can as well.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Our offense is not the problem. We're scoring in bunches.
Our defense is.

I disagree. I think our offense is a problem and that perhaps, that problem cascades to our defense.

Now collectively, the offense is not a problem.

But who are the players you would say are thriving in our offense?

Pretty much the only one that stands out to me is Javale McGee.

I can’t imagine many of the other players on the team are satisfied with how they have played offensively.

I think this egalitarian nature to our offense works when you’re winning, but not when you are losing.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

We need to force Luke to hire offensive and defensive coordinators the one's we have currently (Keefe and Memyurs) are terrible. This high octane pace is a concealer for Luke's staffs ineptitude for a proper scheme. The defensive switching is also a foolish scheme with the personnel we have.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Well, it would seem that they should put more energy in the defense. Again the Raptors it was a sieve.
And when running a lot of players get out of control. Kuzma and KCP you can see. Better to play under control and run when you have the opening. But not force it.

The Lakers should learn to play half court and under control before they just try to run.

Luke needs a good half court coach.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

No, I'm not sick of it because it works for them. Sure they need to clean things up but their half court offense is not good. The problem is their defense. Lakers offense is top 10 and their defense is bottom 10. But you think their offense is the issue? SMH
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: