Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 614, 615, 616 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Garbage coach that almost cost the team the win. Benching Lonzo for no reason. Rondo letting Rose go off back to back 3s.

If you’re not gonna play Lonzo, play Hart. Luke once again trying to make Rondo/Lebron work is a (bleep) disgrace.

He’s running him 15-20 minutes straight to end games makes no sense at all. He’s gotta go.

Messina is literally a speed dial away too.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
No answer for Rose tonight. Just left Rondo on him all fourth. Also out of timeouts, two LeBron fadeaway threes. Lol

they had one TO left according to the graphic they showed.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Chandler: 24 mins in his first game

Lonzo: 21 mins

After the first quarter, I thought he was going to have a good game. Good energy. Then he sat for a quarter.

Literally sat for the entire second half. Way to coach your young players.

LMAO, Lonzo had 3 turnovers in 21 minutes, he was a non threat on offense. I get it, he is a better defender then Rondo. I thought the team was more safe with Rondo on the floor tonight, just imo.

Rondo shot the ball even worse in addition to his poor defense.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

After the first quarter, I thought he was going to have a good game. Good energy. Then he sat for a quarter.

LMAO, Lonzo had 3 turnovers in 21 minutes, he was a non threat on offense. I get it, he is a better defender then Rondo. I thought the team was more safe with Rondo on the floor tonight, just imo.

Dont remember the other two turnovers but one of them was crashing the boards and McGee bumped him knocking the ball out of bounds. Gotta look beyond the boxscore.

He had great energy in the first quarter then sat for a whole quarter and got iced.

Yup. Puke routinely iced guys cuz of his trash rotations. This is bad player development. We’re not going anywhere with Rondo
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

He's got to be the worst I have ever seen at drawing up plays out of timeout
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Luke should roll with this 8 man rotation:
Ball
Ingram
LeBron
Kuzma
McGee
Rondo
Hart
Chandler

KCP, Stephenson and Beasley should be keeping the bench warm

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Lonzo had 6 assists, 5 boards, and 3 steals. He was active and played some decent defense. Rondo was a non-threat himself, going 1-7, and even if you don’t want to go back to Zo, playing Rondo 16+ straight minutes when he’s 32 or 33 to end the game is just stupid decision making.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
He’s coaching to save his job. If he was confident in his job Lonzo would have played more. LBJ, rondo and Tyson are familiar crutches to him. Luckily it worked tonight.
this is false because he was doing this before Magic reamed his ass. It’s the reason we lost to Minnesota last time
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakersPimp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

exactly...this is why our country has gotten so soft. Somehow people feel like lonzo is entitled to play. Our favorite hero...Kobe showed way more than lonzo...and rode the pine. And he became better for it. Lonzo isn't guaranteed minutes...not with his current level of production.

What a basic way to assess things. DRose went ham on us, and Walton literally stood there and did nothing. Why not try Zo on him? His defense has been his 'saving grace' so far (for those in the Lonzo Bust crowd).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

For him to be bad he has to do something.

He doesn’t have set plays. Doesnt bother.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Luke > Byron.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
No answer for Rose tonight. Just left Rondo on him all fourth. Also out of timeouts, two LeBron fadeaway threes. Lol

they had one TO left according to the graphic they showed.

I meant that his plays out of timeouts late were bad, couple of long threes by LBJ.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

exactly...this is why our country has gotten so soft. Somehow people feel like lonzo is entitled to play. Our favorite hero...Kobe showed way more than lonzo...and rode the pine. And he became better for it. Lonzo isn't guaranteed minutes...not with his current level of production.

What a basic way to assess things. DRose went ham on us, and Walton literally stood there and did nothing. Why not try Zo on him? His defense has been his 'saving grace' so far (for those in the Lonzo Bust crowd).
is lonzos 4th quarter defense going to make up for his 4th quarter offense...aka pass to LeBron and go to a corner. The point is to keep LeBron fresh...so rondo probes around. With lonzo on the court...LeBron does more heavy lifting...then can burn out. Rose was making incredible shots. He is a former mvp...and scored 50 the other day. He is going through a resurgence.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

is lonzos 4th quarter defense going to make up for his 4th quarter offense...aka pass to LeBron and go to a corner. The point is to keep LeBron fresh...so rondo probes around. With lonzo on the court...LeBron does more heavy lifting...then can burn out. Rose was making incredible shots. He is a former mvo...and scored 50 the other day.

Zo is better than Rondo offensively and defensively. There's no argument for running Rondo 17 straight minutes AGAIN. That (bleep) lost us the game vs Minny last week too.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

is lonzos 4th quarter defense going to make up for his 4th quarter offense...aka pass to LeBron and go to a corner. The point is to keep LeBron fresh...so rondo probes around. With lonzo on the court...LeBron does more heavy lifting...then can burn out. Rose was making incredible shots. He is a former mvo...and scored 50 the other day.

Walton's minute management of James is another issue all to itself. Got him zero rest down the stretch. I get that he wanted this win badly. But riding LeBron for the entire second half is not a sustainable recipe for success.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

is lonzos 4th quarter defense going to make up for his 4th quarter offense...aka pass to LeBron and go to a corner. The point is to keep LeBron fresh...so rondo probes around. With lonzo on the court...LeBron does more heavy lifting...then can burn out. Rose was making incredible shots. He is a former mvp...and scored 50 the other day. He is going through a resurgence.

Rondo was not good. Probing or otherwise
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Luke needs to decide between playing Stephenson or Pope, it doesn't work trying to give both players limited minutes, one of them needs to join Beasley on the bench...
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
drew up that lob from Ingram to Zo out of a timeout...
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

we won the game....rondo has a high plus minus....so for all that he did wrong...we got the desired results. I want lonzo to win...I want him to show that he is definitively better than any other of on our team. He just hasn't...so I have no problem with him sitting. I think..like dlo he is a better 2 than 1. And at the 2 I'd take Hart...and last year's kcp over him.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

To be honest, I know y'all are griping on him But they all looked better this game. Easier points, more passing, better defense. And they have twice looked better with 2+ days rest. That's definitely coaching them up.

Last edited by KB824MJ on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Rondos gonna get injured with these long stretches. Zo will end up playing one way or another
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
To be honest, I know y'all are griping on him But they all looked better this game. Easier points, more passing, better defense. And they have twice looked better with 2+ says rest. That's definitely coaching them up.

The wolves are a bad team who break down defensively a lot. Needing to ride Lebron for 39 minutes, with 16+ consecutive minutes to end the game to beat the Wolves, who are not just a bad team but a terrible road team, is not good or sustainable.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Zo[b] is better than Rondo offensively and defensively[/b]. There's no argument for running Rondo 17 straight minutes AGAIN. That (bleep) lost us the game vs Minny last week too.
maybe in isolation...but for the team...I'm not so confident in that. He dribbles less than bi or LeBron....he doesn't finish..like Kuzma...rarely makes a play out of nothing. He is a great system player....on a team with not much of a system.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Rondo shot the ball even worse in addition to his poor defense.

Assts to turnover ratio was better. Vocal leader. Fisher was not a good defender either, but things ran smoothly with him out there. Lonzo is better when its more helter skelter and that is not happening at the end of games. We are going half-court.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

10assts 3 turnovers in 27 minutes isnt good, okay gotcha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 614, 615, 616 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 615 of 818
Jump to: