OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LB2 wrote:
Offensively Kuz is the ideal forward next to Lebron. Tries harder than anyone to get open cause he knows Lebron will find him, and he just flat out loves scoring. I don't see the same kind of chemistry building with BI until he gets that Mamba Mentality.

Defensively Kuzma next to Lebron gives up every point they make and then some more.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
LB2 wrote:
Offensively Kuz is the ideal forward next to Lebron. Tries harder than anyone to get open cause he knows Lebron will find him, and he just flat out loves scoring. I don't see the same kind of chemistry building with BI until he gets that Mamba Mentality.

Defensively Kuzma next to Lebron gives up every point they make and then some more.

True.
I'm wondering if he's better off guarding 3s.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
LB2 wrote:

True.

Hell no
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

YES!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Good game tonight Kuz. Efficient 21 points and a clutch 3.

1/2 FT in the clutch tho that’s annoying. But I’ll take it. It’s better than when Lebron bricked both FTs against the Spurs.
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Nice game from Kuz.Wish he'd grab more rebounds but his defense definitely isn't as bad as you'd think from reading the game thread.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:
Nice game from Kuz.Wish he'd grab more rebounds but his defense definitely isn't as bad as you'd think from reading the game thread.

The team this time outrebounded the other by a big margin. A lot of it is due to Tyson Chandler grabbing the boards now.

We’re not gonna see as many boards from Ingram, Kuz and Hart due to this. But as long as we still grab the defensive boards and outrebound them, then it’s all good.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:

Let's not be misleading.

Kuzma is a terrible defender no matter how you measure it. You can use traditional stats, advanced stats, analytics, the eye test.. it's all bad. Like worst in the league type bad. Name the stat, he's bad.

Efficient scoring like tonight's game helps offset his terrible defense.
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:

Let's not be misleading.

Kuzma is a terrible defender no matter how you measure it. You can use traditional stats, advanced stats, analytics, the eye test.. it's all bad. Like worst in the league type bad. Name the stat, he's bad.

Huh? We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Kuz also made some nice plays down the stetch,
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Hope he maintains his 3 point shooting
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Rebounding is his biggest weakness. He tried on D but gives up size down low.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LeBron post game talking about how Kuzma reached out to him for advice last season while still in Cleveland, and Kuzma also being the 1st player to welcome LeBron to LA by face-timing with him on the plane.

Damn Kuz!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

LeBron using the Survivor CBS strategy of keeping a bigger target on the tribe so that you never get targeted yourself.

As long as Kuzma is on the team... no one will ever blame LBJ for the defense.

That being said, Kuz looked like he was trying a little more tonight and was good offensively, so I was happy with him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Rebounding is his biggest weakness. He tried on D but gives up size down low.

After watching GT's video on Kuz, all I notice is him slapping the ball with one hand on rebounds.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
LB2 wrote:

True.

I think he’s better off the bench and let Hart start and give our team a better chance defensively from the start. I think our center and lead guard rotation are set. Luke just have to figure how to get Kuz 30 plus minutes with at least 75 % of them with Lebron and have Lebron and Ingram facilitate the offense continuously throughout the game.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
LB2 wrote:

True.

I think he’s better off the bench and let Hart start and give our team a better chance defensively from the start. I think our center and lead guard rotation are set. Luke just have to figure how to get Kuz 30 plus minutes with at least 75 % of them with Lebron and have Lebron and Ingram facilitate the offense continuously throughout the game.

Something no other coach would have no problems doing
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:

It was as bad.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:

Let's not be misleading.

Huh? We'll just have to agree to disagree.

There is nothing to agree to disagree on man... I get that this isn't akin to you saying 2+2 doesn't equal 4, but you're pretty darn close.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:

Let's not be misleading.

I love Kuzma's offensive game can easily score 20ppg in a variety of ways but he's not a good defender or rebounder. With all the hard work he put in in the offseason I thought he would be better this year. Could he get better? Maybe. K Irving and J Harden were horrible defenders earlier in their careers and got better.For now it is what it is
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

LB2 wrote:

I don't think BI lacks the "Mamba Mentality" (depending on what your understanding of it is). He's just committed to playing the right way, which is more necessary for him than Kuz because their roles are different. Kuz doesn't have the responsibility of creating offense. BI is a playmaker. We've already seen what BI looks like when getting his own is his first and most important priority. It wasn't good.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:

Let's not be misleading.

I love Kuzma's offensive game can easily score 20ppg in a variety of ways but he's not a good defender or rebounder. With all the hard work he put in in the offseason I thought he would be better this year. Could he get better? Maybe. K Irving and J Harden were horrible defenders earlier in their careers and got better.For now it is what it is

He was better at rebounding and playing defense at the end of last season, he showed some real improvement. For whatever reason he has regressed and at almost 24, is he worth another contract?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:

Let's not be misleading.

He was better at rebounding and playing defense at the end of last season, he showed some real improvement. For whatever reason he has regressed and at almost 24, is he worth another contract?

Dude.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Kuzma’s boy Clint Parks going in on Drew Hanlen on Fultz. Hanlen saying leave the players out of it but then mentions Kuz in the same breathe. NBA twitter beef is great.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
jmnluvr wrote:

Let's not be misleading.

Of course he is, depending on the amount of the contract.

But he won’t be out of the league come on now.

(Also, Kyle isn’t almost 24. He just turned 23 in July).

Last edited by ringfinger on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 382 of 880
Jump to: