OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
20/6/5 with 2 blocks and a steal.

Shot 57% from the field, shot 2/3 from the three and made both of his FT attempts.

If Ingram can consistently play like this then theres nothing to complain about for a 21 year old.

Just makes me believe even more that you don't bench him less then 10 games into the season because you have a guy that can score points while playing worse defense then 34 year old Carmelo Anthony. Tough night for bench BI crew.

BI's best game of the year, I love when he shoots the 3 with no hesitation The passing was beautiful,defense total game was great. This is the BI we need.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Shot 57% from the field, shot 2/3 from the three and made both of his FT attempts.

If Ingram can consistently play like this then theres nothing to complain about for a 21 year old.

Just makes me believe even more that you don't bench him less then 10 games into the season because you have a guy that can score points while playing worse defense then 34 year old Carmelo Anthony. Tough night for bench BI crew.

BI's best game of the year, I love when he shoots the 3 with no hesitation The passing was beautiful,defense total game was great. This is the BI we need.

I agree, the problem is people forget BI is just 21. So we probably wont get this BI every single night. That will take time. Are we willing to wait for him to grow?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
pokoy wrote:
I'm done with hoping BI breaks out. I just don't see it.

I'd settle for a BI for Beal trade at this point.

I just want to point out that he started looking like a good NBA player immediately after I posted this.

So let’s see now...

I really am done hoping Zo ever learns how to score. I just don’t see it.

I’d settle for a Zo for Kemba trade at this point.

I don't know if I can say Beal was better at 21 than BI is?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

He's a better player and the team is better when he shoots 3s. I don't know why he's so reluctant to do it. Let it fly, BI.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:

No he was not. And even right now, except for 3pt shooting, is Beal that much better than Ingram ? He had one terrific year 3 years ago, and that's it. And we have Josh Hart who is not THAT far from Beal's level, without the 25M$+ salary. No thanks to Beal....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I just want to point out that he started looking like a good NBA player immediately after I posted this.

So let’s see now...

Wait, you wanted BI traded out earlier yesterday. Now it's Zo?

Make up your mind!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

This is the pace/control I'd like to see BI. Instead of seeing a smaller guy and getting tunnel vision to ISO or fall into the long mid-range trap, he played smartly and had some nice passing.

Had some defensive lapses, but his length was bothersome all night on Jimmy.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

His struggles were exaggerated. When you look at it from the perspective of how he typically starts the season and improves throughout the year, he's been great. One thing I'm wondering is based on the analytics, wasn't he never supposed to be this good of a defender? I vaguely remember some data comparing him to Kawhi and others by age/experience and he was way behind.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is the pace/control I'd like to see BI. Instead of seeing a smaller guy and getting tunnel vision to ISO or fall into the long mid-range trap, he played smartly and had some nice passing.

Had some defensive lapses, but his length was bothersome all night on Jimmy.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

No he was not. And even right now, except for 3pt shooting, is Beal that much better than Ingram ? He had one terrific year 3 years ago, and that's it. And we have Josh Hart who is not THAT far from Beal's level, without the 25M$+ salary. No thanks to Beal....

Yeah he's better. More discipline to his game. Better attacker and shooter.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

Through seven games so far this year compared to last season (per 36 min.) -

Code:
Ingram:   17.3 PPG (53.6%)  5.7 RPG (8.5%)  4.2 APG (17.7%)  0.8 SPG (1.1%)  0.8 BPG (1.8%)
Ingram:   18.9 PPG (54.9%)  4.7 RPG (6.9%)  2.2 APG  (8.1%)  1.0 SPG (1.3%)  1.3 BPG (2.9%)

I'm not sure that we'll see the assist stats pick up that much with so many ball handlers to compete with on this team, but, at the least, we need to see those rebounding numbers go up to above 6 a game. If he picks up his rebounding and scoring a bit (and his TS% to above 55%), while maintaining the rest of his stats (especially his blocks and steals), I'll be happy.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

That's not really what I asked... I already agreed that he's better. Beal's career trajectory is almost set, he'll be a 20-23 pts, average defender, good (not great) shooter all his career. So with him you know what you'll have.
With Ingram it's probably more difficult to say whhat he'll become, but I'm pretty confident he can reach at least the same level in a few years, and probably better... I'm not confident Beal will be worth the 25-30M$ he's earning, but maybe that's just me, I just don't like this kind of players at this salary....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

I agree, the problem is people forget BI is just 21. So we probably wont get this BI every single night. That will take time. Are we willing to wait for him to grow?

As always that depends on what the alternative is.
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

He needs to play like last night every night. No more of that hes just 21y/o excuse. Its his 3rd year. We used the number 2 pick on him. Its make or break time.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
As much of a gimmick as the whole point Ingram thing is, he really does seem to play his best ball when someone puts it in his head that his main goal that night is to create shots for others. He's more aggressive, more decisive, and most importantly plays smarter in that role. As long as nobody tells him that his job is to go out there and score 20 points, he's good...

It's all psychological IMO. A lot of these young cats want to score 30-40, but it ends up backfiring because they force the issue. I remember Phil Jackson employed George Mumford, the mindfulness guru, for this very reason. He would tell players that the best way to score 50-60 is to not want to score 50-60. In other words, stay in the moment and let the game come to you. That's when the magic happens. Easier said than done, however. Young players often learn this the hard way. Will be a learning curve for BI to adjust to Lebron.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Last year, he was too passive. I remember many of us said he was invisible in the game. This year, he is too aggressive on scoring, takes too many contested shots , and act like he is too eager to show his offensive talent.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

That's not really what I asked... I already agreed that he's better. Beal's career trajectory is almost set, he'll be a 20-23 pts, average defender, good (not great) shooter all his career. So with him you know what you'll have.
With Ingram it's probably more difficult to say whhat he'll become, but I'm pretty confident he can reach at least the same level in a few years, and probably better... I'm not confident Beal will be worth the 25-30M$ he's earning, but maybe that's just me, I just don't like this kind of players at this salary....

If you're trading for a player, it's usually based on need.

The uncertainty of what Ingram will become is part of what leads to the inconsistency. Forget money, Ingram will be asking for that much in a handful of years. IF they find a way to get a quality player AND trade for Beal, it may be the best option.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

LBJ is not an easy guy to adjust to. Then you add in ball dominant Rondo plus a gunner in Kuz and even Hart.

So I can sympathize with BI who is trying to get his, but the better he understands how to get his in the flow of the group the better his outcome will be.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

I feel like the team consciously wants BI to gain confidence and come into his own. They seem to look for him early and often and they give him the ISO green light. That’s when it all goes wrong. When he lets the game come to him, he is brilliant.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
pokoy wrote:

So let’s see now...

Wait, you wanted BI traded out earlier yesterday. Now it's Zo?

Make up your mind!

Hey if the anti-jinx works....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Beal doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be effective. I love Beal.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Through seven games so far this year compared to last season (per 36 min.) -

Code:
Ingram:   17.3 PPG (53.6%)  5.7 RPG (8.5%)  4.2 APG (17.7%)  0.8 SPG (1.1%)  0.8 BPG (1.8%)
Ingram:   18.9 PPG (54.9%)  4.7 RPG (6.9%)  2.2 APG  (8.1%)  1.0 SPG (1.3%)  1.3 BPG (2.9%)

I'm not sure that we'll see the assist stats pick up that much with so many ball handlers to compete with on this team, but, at the least, we need to see those rebounding numbers go up to above 6 a game. If he picks up his rebounding and scoring a bit (and his TS% to above 55%), while maintaining the rest of his stats (especially his blocks and steals), I'll be happy.

Is BI one of the first guys to leak out on defense (by design)?
If so, I doubt his rebounding numbers go up.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

If we get KD or KL next year then we should make a run for it even it means losing Ingram. But it we get Klay, then I think Ingram should stay. Ingram can be that 2nd option in a championship team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

If we get KD or KL next year then we should make a run for it even it means losing Ingram. But it we get Klay, then I think Ingram should stay. Ingram can be that 2nd option in a championship team.

Ingram hasn’t shown himself to be a 2nd option on a lottery team.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

^last season.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1362 of 1885
Jump to: