OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1362, 1363, 1364 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
CRoost wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
I don't know if I can say Beal was better at 21 than BI is?

No he was not. And even right now, except for 3pt shooting, is Beal that much better than Ingram ? He had one terrific year 3 years ago, and that's it. And we have Josh Hart who is not THAT far from Beal's level, without the 25M$+ salary. No thanks to Beal....

Yeah he's better. More discipline to his game. Better attacker and shooter.

That's not really what I asked... I already agreed that he's better. Beal's career trajectory is almost set, he'll be a 20-23 pts, average defender, good (not great) shooter all his career. So with him you know what you'll have.
With Ingram it's probably more difficult to say whhat he'll become, but I'm pretty confident he can reach at least the same level in a few years, and probably better... I'm not confident Beal will be worth the 25-30M$ he's earning, but maybe that's just me, I just don't like this kind of players at this salary....

Beal doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be effective. I love Beal.

If we get KD or KL next year then we should make a run for it even it means losing Ingram. But it we get Klay, then I think Ingram should stay. Ingram can be that 2nd option in a championship team.

Ingram hasn’t shown himself to be a 2nd option on a lottery team.

Lol he was easily our 2nd option last year and run the offense for us in good stretches.

The significance of Ingram playing to his capabilities bring a lot of intriguing options for our team for that bigger picture . Trading for AD is one.

Last edited by CRoost on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^last season.

More of the first option on a lottery team.

Anyway, my point is Brandon has not shown a consistent ability to be relied on as a second option. Yet.

Let’s hope it’s coming.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^last season.

Anyway, my point is Brandon has not shown a consistent ability to be relied on as a second option. Yet.

Let’s hope it’s coming.

Lol he's barely on his 3rd year. You gonna have to move the goal post to all time greats if you think a player barely on their third year is ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^last season.

Let’s hope it’s coming.

Lol he's barely on his 3rd year. You gonna have to move the goal post to all time greats if you think a player barely on their third year is ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team.

Well, I agree. That’s why I said we haven’t seen it yet.

I was responding to a post that said Ingram could be a 2nd option on a chamionship team.

I’m not saying it’s not possible. I’m saying there’s no evidence to suggest yet that he could be.

There’s hope though.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
CRoost wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^last season.

Let’s hope it’s coming.

I was responding to a post that said Ingram could be a 2nd option on a chamionship team.

I’m not saying it’s not possible. I’m saying there’s no evidence to suggest yet that he could be.

There’s hope though.

There's a curve though. Flashes of brilliance, Ingram already shown that on his rookie year. Putting numbers with minutes, Ingram done that. Consistency , in stretches yes but not in a whole season . Impact, that's another level .

As far as his game, no. Ingram is not there yet. When he physically develop, then I will make that assessment. He has tools though and the skills to get there.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

So I’d give the first three quarters to Wiggins, but Ingram was great when it counted. Sounds about right?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2805086-lakers-news-lebron-james-says-nobody-else-can-play-at-brandon-ingrams-pace.amp.html

Some very high praise from LeBron, don’t think LeBron will be happy if BI is packaged In a deal, he seems to have more confidence in his ability more so then guys like Irving and Love and other talented players he’s played with, our best bet is to use Hart/Kuzma/Ball/Wagner as the main trade piece resources.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CRoost wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^last season.

Let’s hope it’s coming.

There’s hope though.

There's a curve though. Flashes of brilliance, Ingram already shown that on his rookie year. Putting numbers with minutes, Ingram done that. Consistency , in stretches yes but not in a whole season . Impact, that's another level .

As far as his game, no. Ingram is not there yet. When he physically develop, then I will make that assessment. He has tools though and the skills to get there.

Agree has shown flashes. Potential is there.

But I was responding to a post that said if Klay comes here that Brandon Ingram can be the 2nd option on a championship team.

Right now, I don’t see him being higher on the pecking order than Klay.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

I mentioned that the suspension threw his game off In a significant way, now the game last night boosted his confidence, and with the easy schedule coming up he should put his point averages above 20PPG.. I think there is still a chance he gets enough votes to make the all star team this year especially if we have a good record by February.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

Year 3. We need to see more consistency and that is more than fair to expect it.

LBJ is tough to adapt to, but that's the reality. Hopefully he can become a consistently impactful player on both ends. Last night was really a joy to see.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

I’m happy to see him bounce back from the previous 2 games. It’s important he doesn’t go through 5 - 10 game ruts.
Some people expect a 21 year old to have 82 good games. Which is unrealistic.
I just want him to string together more good games than bad. Like a 75-25 split or 80-20 good to bad games over the season and playoffs. And when he does play poorly at 1 facet of the game (offense). He picks it up in other areas (defense and rebounding).
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

No he was not. And even right now, except for 3pt shooting, is Beal that much better than Ingram ? He had one terrific year 3 years ago, and that's it. And we have Josh Hart who is not THAT far from Beal's level, without the 25M$+ salary. No thanks to Beal....

That's not really what I asked... I already agreed that he's better. Beal's career trajectory is almost set, he'll be a 20-23 pts, average defender, good (not great) shooter all his career. So with him you know what you'll have.
With Ingram it's probably more difficult to say whhat he'll become, but I'm pretty confident he can reach at least the same level in a few years, and probably better... I'm not confident Beal will be worth the 25-30M$ he's earning, but maybe that's just me, I just don't like this kind of players at this salary....

2 things ..
You dont know if Beal’s career trajectory is set hes 25 and you dont know if BI will even reach his level as an allstar
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I’m happy to see him bounce back from the previous 2 games. It’s important he doesn’t go through 5 - 10 game ruts.
I just want him to string together more good games than bad. Like a 75-25 split or 80-20 good to bad games over the season and playoffs. And when he does play poorly at 1 facet of the game (offense). He picks it up in other areas (defense and rebounding).

Yup. Need to see more 3 good games, 1 meh game cycles. Right now it's anyone's guess each game.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2805086-lakers-news-lebron-james-says-nobody-else-can-play-at-brandon-ingrams-pace.amp.html

Some very high praise from LeBron, don’t think LeBron will be happy if BI is packaged In a deal, he seems to have more confidence in his ability more so then guys like Irving and Love and other talented players he’s played with, our best bet is to use Hart/Kuzma/Ball/Wagner as the main trade piece resources.

I’m sure he has more confidence in an unproven 21 yr old than someone like Kyrie who performed greatly in the finals to help win him a championship .. i wont even mention Wade cuz i dont believe you thought this one thru
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yup. Need to see more 3 good games, 1 meh game cycles. Right now it's anyone's guess each game.

At this point I have him at 5 good, 6 bad. He gets punished for the 4 game
suspension in my book.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Which seems to have more to do with this process of figuring things out with this new group in the early part of the season. He was also a lot more involved offensively this game than he had been.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Which seems to have more to do with this process of figuring things out with this new group in the early part of the season. He was also a lot more involved offensively this game than he had been.

And the fact he's 21 and his body is still very physically underdeveloped. Harder to impose himself physically on a consistent basis.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

It seems that Ingram right now is good enough to be third option on a championship team. And some nights he is good enough to be the second option.
Kuzma also can be the third option and at times can be the second option.
So between the two you have good options.
When you add Hart in the mix you have a capable and inexpensive core.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I’m sure he has more confidence in an unproven 21 yr old than someone like Kyrie who performed greatly in the finals to help win him a championship .. i wont even mention Wade cuz i dont believe you thought this one thru

Because we are the Lakers
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

2 things ..
You dont know if Beal’s career trajectory is set hes 25 and you dont know if BI will even reach his level as an allstar

Of course I don’t know, I’m just giving my opinion... What’s your point ? We’re not allowed to express opinions about a players future now ?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Shooting 49% from the field and 40& from 3

Please take more than 2 threes please
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Shooting 49% from the field and 40& from 3

Please take more than 2 threes please

Narrative is he’s taking too much midrange . He’s 12-26 in his midrange, that’s pretty decent even it looks ugly at times. In reality most of his shots are around the rim and in the painted area 27/51 which is a sub par and the driving layup 5-13 which means he has trouble finishing off the dribble and overall 17-34 on layups is just mediocre. Also his pull up jumpshot 5-15 needs a lot of work. His 3 ball is definitely encouraging.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Needs more volume from 3 and limit the crappy mid-range jumpers.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
LKA wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

2 things ..

Of course I don’t know, I’m just giving my opinion... What’s your point ? We’re not allowed to express opinions about a players future now ?

Even if you’re right about BI’s future, notice the one part you said “in a few years” .. we dont have a few years
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
It seems that Ingram right now is good enough to be third option on a championship team. And some nights he is good enough to be the second option.
Kuzma also can be the third option and at times can be the second option.
So between the two you have good options.
When you add Hart in the mix you have a capable and inexpensive core.

The fact is all three are undersized for their position which puts us at a disadvantage defensively. It may take another 3-4 years to see if BI can properly fill out, which is 3 years too late.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1362, 1363, 1364 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1363 of 1885
Jump to: