OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1269, 1270, 1271 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Remember, Lebron was NOT a guarantee back then.

He was one of the more surefire guys. I followed him since he was in 8th grade (Slam Magazine shout out). You could tell he would be the whole package in year 1.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

He was one of the more surefire guys. I followed him since he was in 8th grade (Slam Magazine shout out). You could tell he would be the whole package in year 1.

Uhm.
I meant he was NOT a guarantee to be a Laker back when we drafted Lonzo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Uhm.

Ahh, gotcha.

Staying up until nearly 2am watching the Lakers game is taking a toll on me.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Uhm.

Ahh, gotcha.

Staying up until nearly 2am watching the Lakers game is taking a toll on me.

That's rough man
But fandom!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
I'm a bit torn on Lonzo. You know legends and greats can play anywhere, any system. They go to a place, and everything just gravitates and revolves around them. I get all the stuff about how he's a system player, but if that's really the truth, then he shouldn't have been a #2 pick. You want a little more from your #2, not just utility guy or system guy. Lakers went from trying to build a Warriors type team, which was foolish to begin with, to signing Lebron and Rondo. So as much as Mitch and Buss were given heat for no direction, Magic and Pelinka are sorta going in every direction. Base on where they're going, they shouldn't have drafted Lonzo.

Hmm.
In my opinion, he's not a system guy per se.
He is the system... if that makes sense.
With that idea, I think a #2 pick makes sense.

Lonzo is not being the engine he's supposed to be. Whether it be because the engine is the Big Fish in Lebron now, or Lonzo is just not bringing it consistently. Or both.

He's a smart kid. I'm hoping he figures it out.

His shot wasn't falling, but I thought he was very engine-y last night.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Yeah, definitely much better than the previous game...
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
I'm a bit torn on Lonzo. You know legends and greats can play anywhere, any system. They go to a place, and everything just gravitates and revolves around them. I get all the stuff about how he's a system player, but if that's really the truth, then he shouldn't have been a #2 pick. You want a little more from your #2, not just utility guy or system guy. Lakers went from trying to build a Warriors type team, which was foolish to begin with, to signing Lebron and Rondo. So as much as Mitch and Buss were given heat for no direction, Magic and Pelinka are sorta going in every direction. Base on where they're going, they shouldn't have drafted Lonzo.

Hmm.

Lonzo is not being the engine he's supposed to be. Whether it be because the engine is the Big Fish in Lebron now, or Lonzo is just not bringing it consistently. Or both.

In all fairness, there hasn't been a #2 overall pick to leap off the page since Kevin Durant who was drafted in 2007. Olapido is finally coming into his own and he was drafted #2 in 2013.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He was the only guy with any energy at the start against Toronto but had to go to the bench with foul trouble... then helped spark a run in the 3rd to make it a game and got benched again... then helped spark a run in the 4th but it was too little too late. He’s actually played well the last two games despite limited time.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Hmm.

What are your thoughts on the limited playing time?
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He was the only guy with any energy at the start against Toronto but had to go to the bench with foul trouble... then helped spark a run in the 3rd to make it a game and got benched again... then helped spark a run in the 4th but it was too little too late. He’s actually played well the last two games despite limited time.

Oh yeah forgot about the Raptors game that I did not see, was thinking about portland...
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Hmm.

In all fairness, there hasn't been a #2 overall pick to leap off the page since Kevin Durant who was drafted in 2007. Olapido is finally coming into his own and he was drafted #2 in 2013.

That just reminds me of the terrible luck Portland has had with No. 1 picks. Next time they win the first pick, they should demand a do over.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Hmm.

No doubt. The first quarter he was big impact imo. The results didn't bear it out though as the unit was a -9. But that's the thing, I feel he's being impactful, but I don't think others will see it that way.

Anyway... overall this year, we've seen the inconsistency with the "engin-ocity" of Lonzo Hopefully more consistency and more chemistry with the team.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Hmm.

No doubt. The first quarter he was big impact imo. The results didn't bear it out though as the unit was a -9. But that's the thing, I feel he's being impactful, but I don't think others will see it that way.

Anyway... overall this year, we've seen the inconsistency with the "engin-ocity" of Lonzo Hopefully more consistency and more chemistry with the team.

We are a running a system that caters to Lonzo strength. Lonzo is the catalyst on this team but we go as far as Lebron take us.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Bol wrote:
Aside from shooting, Lonzo has been worse this year. I doubt he's past his prime already, so I'm going to guess something is affecting him, whether it's conditioning or adjusting to new teammates.

His role has changed drastically. It's gone from running the team to being a 3 & D guard.

Last year, he would hang back, get the rebound and push. That's Lebron's "job" now. The motion plays that he excels at in the 1/2 court are gone for Lebron drive and kicks. He just needs to find his role again in 10 fewer minutes per game.

Exactly. It also ties in with his on/off numbers, where he mostly plays along starters, when they've been absolutely atrocious, yet never gets PT along the bench guys when they make a scoring run. Season on/off is a poor indicator of his actual performance from game-to-game, especially when Rondo has been pretty awful until last night's game. Needed Portland to punch that +/- up considerably.

This!!!

Read this!! Any1 with Lonzo being minus guy!!!
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Rondo
KCP/Lance
Ingram
LBJ
McGee

Lonzo
Hart
Svi
Kuzma
Chandler/Mo

We should make LBJ play with "his" signings and let Lonzo play on the second unit with this shooter lineup.

Playing against the second units he would dominate, gain confidence and this lineup would have up to four good shooters if we played Mo.

Also this lineup wouldn't have any iso/ballhogging vets that would neutralize his playmaking.

Whichever lineup played better throughout the game should close.

Love this idea.

Screwed the Iso guys....
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Zo's having his issues, but, damn, so glad he isn't the train wreck that Markelle Fultz is.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Username wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
I just don't see it with this kid. The face of the franchise magic claimed.
Far from it.

Someone said it in another thread, or maybe earlier in this one:

Lakers fans have seen greatness up-close and personal. We know what it looks like and feels like. Anyone who has lived through or personally experienced that greatness, knows that this kid ain't it.

If you're looking for the next Kobe, you're in the wrong thread.

Who said anything about the next Kobe, besides you?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

It's tricky with guards, they can be late bloomers. His offensive game has been disappointing but we aren't using him properly. His 3 ball looks good but he is way too passive. He has no confidence in finishing, the mid-range game, or his FTs. Too many weaknesses at this point.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Don't look now but Tatum is down to 52.9% TS%, I wonder if like Ball he's struggling to adjust to a new role.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
epak wrote:
Username wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
I just don't see it with this kid. The face of the franchise magic claimed.
Far from it.

Someone said it in another thread, or maybe earlier in this one:

Lakers fans have seen greatness up-close and personal. We know what it looks like and feels like. Anyone who has lived through or personally experienced that greatness, knows that this kid ain't it.

If you're looking for the next Kobe, you're in the wrong thread.

Who said anything about the next Kobe, besides you?

Ah. You meant the greatness of Sedale Threatt. Got it.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Lonzo shows glimpses...that have been amazing. But he is so inconsistent and has so many weaknesses.

Lonzo is getting in DLo territory....people loving the IDEA of what he could be...and not seeing him for what he consistently produces.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

Zo has been a disappointment overall. He's a lot better than what he is showing. I think he is just content with being in the background.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Don't look now but Tatum is down to 52.9% TS%, I wonder if like Ball he's struggling to adjust to a new role.

Similar issues in Boston. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Not enough minutes going around or balls for that matter. Consistency in role is so important in basketball. It's affecting the laker players as well as the Boston players.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
tox wrote:

Similar issues in Boston. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Not enough minutes going around or balls for that matter. Consistency in role is so important in basketball. It's affecting the laker players as well as the Boston players.

Wow. He's still playing 32.5mpg (up from 30.5 from last year). But less than the 35.9 from the playoffs. Good to see.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
defense wrote:
tox wrote:

Wow. He's still playing 32.5mpg (up from 30.5 from last year). But less than the 35.9 from the playoffs. Good to see.

If only.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1269, 1270, 1271 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1270 of 1688
Jump to: