Stephen A said that Last night, Rondo said something disrespectful to him
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
KBH wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lol i like Stephen A tho.. always have.

lol I find Stephen A, Skip and Shannon all entertaining. I don't pull up their videos on YouTube for substantive analysis. They're performers putting on a show.

Stephen A is a better analyst than other so-called “NBA analysts” such as Jalen Rose, Paul Pierce & McGrady ..

Naw, McGrady is a solid analyst. Wouldn't lump him in with the green goblin and Mr. Wrong Side of 81.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Here it is:

Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

He is obsessed with the Lakers so badly that even the players and fans can't stand him.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
KBH wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lol i like Stephen A tho.. always have.

lol I find Stephen A, Skip and Shannon all entertaining. I don't pull up their videos on YouTube for substantive analysis. They're performers putting on a show.

Stephen A is a better analyst than other so-called “NBA analysts” such as Jalen Rose, Paul Pierce & McGrady ..

You're not wrong. And Pierce is the worst by far.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Jalen Rose and McGrady are the best. Sometimes Pippen comes on and he is pretty good.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

SAS further addresses it here:

2:10 mark
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

SAS calling out someone else for saying something he believes is disrespectful.

Dude has trashed so many people in professional sports but I guess as long as he adds "No disrespect intended" before those comments he believes it is still being respectful somehow.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Dude has trashed so many people in professional sports but I guess as long as he adds "No disrespect intended" before those comments he believes it is still being respectful somehow.

hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Him, Skip and the pencil neck guy who always gets checked by the Hillary Swank look-a-like is pretty much why I never even watch any of the ESPN shows anymore tbh.. They are all TMZ level talent and just yell and argue with each other not even making much sense half the time.. Not sure how anyone finds it entertaining but maybe im just starting to get older

Shannon Sharpe can get annoying too but I don't mind him much. He at least seems somewhat genuine in what he says.

Long story short I like Rondo just a bit more now
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

He said something like “Punk Ass Reporter”.

Sounds like a compliment to me. Definitely nothing to cry about.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
SAS advocated for Rondo to get more games for suspension purely based on what Paul and Harden had told him. I can see why Rondo would be pissed.

THIS.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Jalen Rose and McGrady are the best. Sometimes Pippen comes on and he is pretty good.

Disagree. JAlen is good on his pod with Jacoby sux as pre, post or half time analyst. Pierce and Mcgrady are crappy (Truth) and mediocre (Tmac).
The fact they are getting praise here means the bar for NBA shows is very low.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Did you guys know that Jalen is married to Molly Qerim!?!?!?!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Did you guys know that Jalen is married to Molly Qerim!?!?!?!

Yes
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Well, it's probably the reason you won't see him back next year, or why he hasn't stuck with a team in the past 5 yrs?? He's a punk to people, which means he can be a punk to his own teammates. You guys are laughing about it right now because it's to people you don't like. But what happens when it's people you do like?

You're reaching. You don't even know what he said to Stephen A. How do you know he didn't do it because of his absurd insistence that BI should be traded? If that was the reason for it then he wasn't being a ”punk” for the sake of being a punk. He was taking up for a teammate. That was also what sparked the CP3 incident. All of this stuff is related to team solidarity, so, again, you're reaching. He's relishing in the leadership role he has. He's about the team.

I think you're the one that's reaching if you think their encounter is about anything else other than the spitting incident. "You think BI should be traded? You a punk ass reporter!" LOL! 5 yrs, 5 teams, clear video evidence of spitting or "exasperating." I don't have to reach too far. I get it, he's a Laker.

You guys are funny. Where was all this Rondo loyalty when he was a Celtic? LOL! He's on a 1 yr deal. You guys are too invested in him.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

SAS is entertaining, but a dummy. He said today we should trade Ingram and Kuzma for overpaid Bradley Beal...

We wouldnt even trade Ingram for Kuzma or Paul George, and we're going to trade both of these guys for Beal? Lol.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I like SAS. In this case he's flossing. He said he doesn't back down from anyone. His reason for not confronting Rondo in the locker room was out of respect for the Lakers and LeBron. I ain't buying it. If that was the case he would have let it die in the locker room. He didn't, he broached it from the safety of the studio. I would love it if Rondo were to go on First Take and do a Jim Everett, Jim Rome.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

McGrady is relatively better than other all ex-player analysts. Pierce is the worst, doesn't add anything insightful. From the other analysts Whitlock and that Hassan guy in "The Jump" who used to work for the Suns are the worst. They both really hate the Lakers, and Kobe.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

SAS is delusional and thinks of himself as a Mafia Don of sports talk personalities. Remember a couple years ago he made some vague threats to KD?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Rajon Rondo plays for the Lakers, has punched Chris Paul in the face, and disrespected Stephen A Smith in person. He is truly living out all my greatest fantasies.

LG needs a way to upvote posts.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Well, it's probably the reason you won't see him back next year, or why he hasn't stuck with a team in the past 5 yrs?? He's a punk to people, which means he can be a punk to his own teammates. You guys are laughing about it right now because it's to people you don't like. But what happens when it's people you do like?

You're reaching. You don't even know what he said to Stephen A. How do you know he didn't do it because of his absurd insistence that BI should be traded? If that was the reason for it then he wasn't being a ”punk” for the sake of being a punk. He was taking up for a teammate. That was also what sparked the CP3 incident. All of this stuff is related to team solidarity, so, again, you're reaching. He's relishing in the leadership role he has. He's about the team.

I think you're the one that's reaching if you think their encounter is about anything else other than the spitting incident. "You think BI should be traded? You a punk ass reporter!" LOL! 5 yrs, 5 teams, clear video evidence of spitting or "exasperating." I don't have to reach too far. I get it, he's a Laker.

You guys are funny. Where was all this Rondo loyalty when he was a Celtic? LOL! He's on a 1 yr deal. You guys are too invested in him.

There was no loyalty because he was...... a celtic?

It is just like every other player like him in nba history where everyone likes him on the team he is on while the rest of the league and fans cant stand him...

He also happened to do these things to people many fans here dislike in cp3 and the screaming hairline so it's pretty much auto approval lol.. when he likely leaves next season i'm fine not rooting for him anymore tbh. I don't really think anyone here is all that invested in him at all beyond rooting for him this year while he's a laker.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

No offense to SAS fans but this dude is a moron. He provides nothing useful and just talks sh*t about everyone.

Rondo knows SAS is a douche bag.

SAS fans are dumb to ever defend him.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

If I had a gun with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Stephen A. Smith, and Toby Flenderson, I would shoot Toby once, seriously consider shooting Stephen A. Smith, then blast Toby again and pistol-whip SAS on my way out the door.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

”I’m not hard to find. I love confrontation.”

^See, what exactly is this supposed to mean? This is posturing, the very thing that NBA players do instead of fighting, which a talking head like him would make fun of.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: