Official Isaac Bonga Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 95067
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

So many of the characters in the movie Untouchables died though. Who is Kevin Costner?
_________________
2019 4K FA:
KD
KL
Kemba
Klay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24183

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
However, Bonga is showing that he’s a basketball savant at 18 years of age. Magic is not trading his prized draft pick. #untouchable


Nice, another untouchable player. How many do we have now? We can add him to Hart.


I think he's the only one.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6332

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
However, Bonga is showing that he’s a basketball savant at 18 years of age. Magic is not trading his prized draft pick. #untouchable


Nice, another untouchable player. How many do we have now? We can add him to Hart.


I think he's the only one.


I was going to post the same thing last night.

Everyone except Bonga will be traded. A decade from now, Magic will be on TV talking how he found the best late draft pick in the history of the NBA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 32691

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

Happy Birthday Isaac Bonga!!


https://www.facebook.com/SouthBayLakers/photos/rpp.150718098754/10157105494653755/?type=3&theater
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 6516
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Just saw the Laker/King g-league game. Mo looked rusty. Bonga looked ready to move up. Using length well in a crowd. Boarding well. Making good decisions in the P&R.

He's not getting pushed around like he was in SL.


Welp. Make sure you watch their second game before you say he's ready to move up
I said he looked ready to move up in the 1st game. The second game isn't going to change how he looked in his first game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24183

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
epak wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Just saw the Laker/King g-league game. Mo looked rusty. Bonga looked ready to move up. Using length well in a crowd. Boarding well. Making good decisions in the P&R.

He's not getting pushed around like he was in SL.


Welp. Make sure you watch their second game before you say he's ready to move up
I said he looked ready to move up in the 1st game. The second game isn't going to change how he looked in his first game.


Great.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
818fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 2351

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

He's currently has 18pts, 6rbs on 7-9 shooting (2-3 from the 3) halfway into the third.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19857

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
He's currently has 18pts, 6rbs on 7-9 shooting (2-3 from the 3) halfway into the third.


I'll take him over Beasley right now.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24183

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
He's currently has 18pts, 6rbs on 7-9 shooting (2-3 from the 3) halfway into the third.


Nice!
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3036

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
818fan wrote:
He's currently has 18pts, 6rbs on 7-9 shooting (2-3 from the 3) halfway into the third.


I'll take him over Beasley right now.

Link to article on game.
_________________
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. --Mark Twain

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5963
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Some highlights of Bonga vs OKC G-League.

https://youtu.be/c8pQ-m4FC48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject:

We might be on to something..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 11965

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

I like what I see. Possibly a rotation player next year, assuming Rondo leaves. He's somewhat of an enigma, since he physically outclasses his competition in the g-league. G-league has value, but ideally, when a guy just outclasses everyone like that, you want to pit him against the top dogs in the NBA and see how he performs. Just not possible now since the Lakers are in win now mode. Still young, so they'll likely camp him in the g-league for a while.

I like this trend of 6'9''-6'11'' guys running point and being able to play multiple positions (Giannis, BI, Durant, Simmons, etc). Looks like he will develop into a solid shooter as well, which should increase his chances of PT next season. Good thing they kept him around, as second round contracts aren't guaranteed.
_________________
"Stats are killing basketball. This is a very subjective game, a lot of things happen that you can't measure with stats. Very different details matter. The way I see basketball, the most important things don't show up in statistics." - Marc Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9596

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

GreekFreak... GermanFreak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13819

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

His jumper looks real nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 32691

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
His jumper looks real nice.
and showing good range too.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 95067
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
I like what I see. Possibly a rotation player next year, assuming Rondo leaves. He's somewhat of an enigma, since he physically outclasses his competition in the g-league. G-league has value, but ideally, when a guy just outclasses everyone like that, you want to pit him against the top dogs in the NBA and see how he performs. Just not possible now since the Lakers are in win now mode. Still young, so they'll likely camp him in the g-league for a while.

I like this trend of 6'9''-6'11'' guys running point and being able to play multiple positions (Giannis, BI, Durant, Simmons, etc). Looks like he will develop into a solid shooter as well, which should increase his chances of PT next season. Good thing they kept him around, as second round contracts aren't guaranteed.


Interesting. How has his defense been?

Is he playing point forward?
_________________
2019 4K FA:
KD
KL
Kemba
Klay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5963
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

I love our late draft scouting department. The only misses so far are Zu and Anthony Brown. Bonga looked terrible in Summer League, but preseason and G-League he’s been pretty good. I’d understand if they don’t bring him up this season (player development and keeping him away from our big trade this summer), but I hope he does get to spend some time with Lebron. He’s not as explosive, but there are definitely similarities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1731

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

He looks so much like Odom it's almost creepy.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 60116
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I love our late draft scouting department. The only misses so far are Zu and Anthony Brown. Bonga looked terrible in Summer League, but preseason and G-League he’s been pretty good. I’d understand if they don’t bring him up this season (player development and keeping him away from our big trade this summer), but I hope he does get to spend some time with Lebron. He’s not as explosive, but there are definitely similarities.


I wouldn't even consider Thomas Bryant, Zu, and Anthony Brown misses. With the information at the time, it was clear they were arguable BPAs at the pick.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Jarrett Culver, Ky Bowman, Jontay Porter, Bruno Fernando, Shamorie Ponds, Miye Oni, Jalen Hudson, Lindell Wigginton, PJ Washington, Matisse Thybulle, Cam Johnson, Carson Edwards, Lugentz Dort, Admiral Schofield @bball-index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 32691

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
I like what I see. Possibly a rotation player next year, assuming Rondo leaves. He's somewhat of an enigma, since he physically outclasses his competition in the g-league. G-league has value, but ideally, when a guy just outclasses everyone like that, you want to pit him against the top dogs in the NBA and see how he performs. Just not possible now since the Lakers are in win now mode. Still young, so they'll likely camp him in the g-league for a while.

I like this trend of 6'9''-6'11'' guys running point and being able to play multiple positions (Giannis, BI, Durant, Simmons, etc). Looks like he will develop into a solid shooter as well, which should increase his chances of PT next season. Good thing they kept him around, as second round contracts aren't guaranteed.


Interesting. How has his defense been?

Is he playing point forward?


"No one plays defense in the NBAGL anymore."
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13819

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

In the scenario we trade Zo or BI, seems like we have a replacement. Not too bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6332

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

#BongaTime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5963
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love our late draft scouting department. The only misses so far are Zu and Anthony Brown. Bonga looked terrible in Summer League, but preseason and G-League he’s been pretty good. I’d understand if they don’t bring him up this season (player development and keeping him away from our big trade this summer), but I hope he does get to spend some time with Lebron. He’s not as explosive, but there are definitely similarities.


I wouldn't even consider Thomas Bryant, Zu, and Anthony Brown misses. With the information at the time, it was clear they were arguable BPAs at the pick.


Good point. I forgot about BPA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15425
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

I hope he gets called up for at least a few games this season. I wanna see if he can translate what we're seeing to the NBA level.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 39 of 44
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB