Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
I envy the team that drafts RJ Barrett

Hes incredible. Superstar written all over him.

I agree, still think he will be the #1 pick.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I did not watch the UCLA game last night, but Moses Brown had a nice box score. Did anyone watch him?

Last edited by adkindo on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
MJST wrote:
If THIS team winds up with a top 3-4 pick

1) Luke is gone

2) RJ Barrett should be the pick

3) We have retirement tour LeBron and will be lucky to be a 7th seed the season after

4) The FO and that includes Magic deserve a LOT of criticism.

Luke would make it to the end of the season or will have exited before then?

They'd probably fire him when it became obvious we weren't making the playoffs. That would be the 'drastic' We'd finish the season with Shaw and a worse record at that point, and have a 'new head coach search' in the off-season.

The only way we'd wind up in the lottery or bottom 3, and Luke wouldn't be fired would be if it was because LeBron suffered an injury that ended his season.

I don't think any of us want that.

Last edited by MJST on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I did not watch the UCLA game last night, but Moses Brown has a nice box score. Did anyone watch him?

I don't think anyone will watch UCLA games this year until they prove they can win games.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I did not watch the UCLA game last night, but Moses Brown has a nice box score. Did anyone watch him?

I don't think anyone will watch UCLA games this year until they prove they can win games.

They are going to be pretty good....and I expect Moses will be gone after this season. They would have been better than last year without him....but he should give them that dominant big man that could take them deep into the tournament.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:

They are going to be pretty good....and I expect Moses will be gone after this season. They would have been better than last year without him....but he should give them that dominant big man that could take them deep into the tournament.

hmm. will definitely check them out then.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes is going to be a player.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

According to Tankathon, Lakers currently have the following odds on Lottery picks:

1st: 2.1%
2nd 2.3%
3rd 2.6%
4th: 2.9%
12th: 83.5%
13th 6.6%
14th: 0.1%

If the Lakers miss the playoffs, all is "good" (more or less).
If the Lakers just miss the playoffs, top 3 pick odds will still be about 0.5%, 0.6% and 0.6%

So....there's a chance!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

mostly pointless, and way too early....still CBS Sports released a mock draft...

Quote:
21 LAKERS
Jalen Smith | Maryland | PF | 6-10

JaVale McGee isn't L.A.'s long-term answer at center for the LeBron-led Lakers. Investing in a big in this next draft seems reasonable to expect. Maryland product Jalen Smith may be a candidate to watch in this range. He's 6-foot-10 and plays with gobs of energy that could replace the energizer bunny that is McGee. While he doesn't have the same versatility as other bigs in this class, he's going to be excellent at what he does: Rebounding, scoring around the rim and protecting the paint.

LINK
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
MJST wrote:

1) Luke is gone

3) We have retirement tour LeBron and will be lucky to be a 7th seed the season after

They'd probably fire him when it became obvious we weren't making the playoffs. That would be the 'drastic' We'd finish the season with Shaw and a worse record at that point, and have a 'new head coach search' in the off-season.

The only way we'd wind up in the lottery or bottom 3, and Luke wouldn't be fired would be if it was because LeBron suffered an injury that ended his season.

11 games played: 9 against playoffs team and 2 against sun's/Mavs. Finished 5/6 & we r missing playoffs?
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
MJST wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
MJST wrote:

1) Luke is gone

11 games played: 9 against playoffs team and 2 against sun's/Mavs. Finished 5/6 & we r missing playoffs?

One of the toughest schedules in the league and people are already prognosticating and insinuating...I'm gonna point out these posters when the Lakers start playing the bad teams and really go on a good winning streak...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

WVU looked like absolute trash tonight, but I will keep that in the college basketball thread.....

Sagaba Konate played somewhat limited minutes...pretty normal line for the minutes played....15 points, 7 rebounds and 3 blocks, but the big surprise was he shot 3 of 4 from 3....would have been 4 of 5 but they said his foot was on the line. I guess it is true he has worked on his shot and will be shooting 3's this season.

CJ Massinburg, a guard from Buffalo that you may remember from their big upset of Arizona in last years tournament looked really good tonight. He dropped 43 points, 14 rebounds and 3 Assists and went 9 of 15 from 3 including some very deep 3's in OT to beat WVU. WVU's defense was a joke all night, but just a name to keep in mind as the season progresses.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I thought this draft was suppose to be weak
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

I still think it is much weaker than the previous 2 years.....but only time will tell. Obviously it is great at the top with Barrett and Williams, but I am not sure this draft will have legit clear NBA starter talent all the way through the lottery (and beyond). I do not see that at this point for next years draft.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
WVU looked like absolute trash tonight, but I will keep that in the college basketball thread.....

Sagaba Konate played somewhat limited minutes...pretty normal line for the minutes played....15 points, 7 rebounds and 3 blocks, but the big surprise was he shot 3 of 4 from 3....would have been 4 of 5 but they said his foot was on the line. I guess it is true he has worked on his shot and will be shooting 3's this season.

CJ Massinburg, a guard from Buffalo that you may remember from their big upset of Arizona in last years tournament looked really good tonight. He dropped 43 points, 14 rebounds and 3 Assists and went 9 of 15 from 3 including some very deep 3's in OT to beat WVU. WVU's defense was a joke all night, but just a name to keep in mind as the season progresses.

Whether intended to or not it is nice to see the WVU coach let his players expand their game especially for those considered NBA prospects.

This is the anti Calipari.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

Konate did not exactly play well last night. Dude got subbed out within 3 minutes of the 1st and 2nd half. Hands on knees. Conditioning issues. Looked distinctly more interested in trying to score, halting some ball movement with Top of the key touches, and making just slight contact on screens and 50/50 boxing out.

The Lakers have a problem with overrotation defensively. Not only does Konate rotate, but he gets there SUPER early to generate vertical to go for the swat. Kuzma/LeBron/whoever is at power forward needs to learn how to switch/rotate super quick to not exploit it.

I found that game to be disappointing, even for game 1.

Thybulle OTOH, looked like 75% Melton defensively, got steals while defending between 2 players on a 3-2 zone, forced some turnovers, and hit decent shots. Not a shot creator, but moves the ball. Doesn't stay heavy with the dribble. Took a limited amount of attempts, but Washington guard play is so bad, they don't catch open teammates crosscourt, and make their decisions upon initial touch, not on the fly.

Cam Johnson of UNC is a super senior PITT transfer. 6'9" playing 2. Solid athlete, looks like a 3, hits his spot up shots, moves the ball. Need to pay attention to switchable D down the line, but he's another role player that doesn't require touches to be an effective player on the floor. He actually sets screens. He actually boxes out. Good touch behind the 3-point line too.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

^^^^I do not disagree with you as it relates to Konate. I made it pretty clear that no WVU player was even playing average defense in the CBB thread. I also noticed the ball sticking with him at the top of the key once he made a few. It can always become an issue with big men shooting from outside when they realize that it is a lot easier to stand on the perimeter and shoot instead of banging with the big bodies down low.....and this group does not seem very good at getting the ball to him in the post compared to last year.

If you noticed Konate was asking out, but that really is not new....he did the same thing all year last season, and it drives me crazy sometimes. He probably does lack conditioning because he has been on the shelf for most of the preseason as they have claimed to be very cautious with his knee issue. My primary concern with Konate this year is he does not have a real floor leader to keep him under control this season.

If I was to defend Konate hanging out at the top of the key with ball for a second or two too long, it would be Buffalo employed the same defense against us that was effective against Arizona last season. They packed it in the paint, then would apply on the ball pressure to a young guard when on the court. They enforced their will and forced us to shoot from the perimeter much more than I am sure we would prefer.....and we actually made more during stretches than I would count on most nights.

Any thoughts on Massinburg?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Hmm the Lu Dort highlights tho
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Hmm the Lu Dort highlights tho

Need to see more. Thought of Sherman Douglas. Strong, stocky point guard, not overtly quick. Massive arc on his shot from 3pt land.

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

staking my claim right now

kevin porter jr is top 3.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Any San Diego State basketball fans on LG? Since today began the early signing period, I was looking to see if any of the elite prospects actually sent in their letters.....and noticed SDSU is still one of the leaders for Jaden McDaniels, the #4 player in the class. Has there been any thoughts that his brother Jalen may bypass the draft this year to play a season with his younger brother?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Dylan Windler - Belmont University - Senior - Wing

Last Season
- 17 PPG
- 9 RPG
- 3 APG
- 1 Block
- 1 Steal
- 43% 3P% on 5 attempts per game
- very good athlete that can play above the rim, score at all 3 levels, good passing vision, good handle and above average feet/quickness on defense.

Sagaba Konate - West Virginia University - Junior - C/PF

Last Season
- 11 PPG
- 8 RPG
- 1 APG
- over 3 Block's per game
- 16% Block Rate
- most gifted shot blocker in college basketball.....undersized

Was excited to watch Windler for the first time tonight...he came into tonight with 2 really strong games to start the season averaging 27 PPG / 9 RPG / 2 APG / 2 Steals and a Block, but he did not do a whole lot tonight finishing with only 6 Points / 3 Rebounds / 2 Assists / 2 Steals and a Block. Likely just one of his few off nights.

Konate had flashes tonight, but just an average night overall with 14 Points / 8 Rebounds / 3 Assists / 1 Steal and 4 Blocks. He shot only 1 of 5 from 3....but the shot looks good.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
staking my claim right now

kevin porter jr is top 3.

I can see Porter going top-5. Another player with legit superstar potential.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Have you seen the guys projected outside the Top 3?

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

CBS Sports Mock - Parrish

Quote:
20 LAKERS
Jalen McDaniels | San Diego St | Soph | PF | 6-10

McDaniels was a sub-100 prospect coming out of high school who red-shirted his first season at San Diego State. But something clicked for him last season -- and the 6-10 forward was one of only four freshmen in the nation to average 10.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and shoot at least 58 percent from the field. The early returns from this season suggest he might have an improved jumper. He really gets up and down the floor well for a player his size.

LINK

would love to snag this guy in the draft
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 11 of 441
Jump to: