The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 872, 873, 874 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron knew what he was getting into. He came here on his own with no other star. He is playing with a bunch of kids and some average vets. When you are one of the GOAT and 3 time champ and 4 time MVP it's probably pretty easy to get a little impatient.

“impatient” or complacent?

James knew what he was supposed to deliver with the team as built and the promise of adding a marquee FA next year. Now he is impatient?

Seems to me that he has some level of accountability to the team up to this point. He has a role in their weakneses too. James has played unenthusiastic defense most of the time, missed critical FTs, settles for ISO plays over player movement and launching three point shots instead of driving to the basket. Not to mention his multiple off target behind the back passes for TOs.

Before James starts talking about being impatient he should take a realistic look at his own faults. Team is starting to play well together and build chemistry. Keep it rolling. Build on that energy after the Chandler game winning block.

I really do not want to see this team start imploding from finger pointing and ego issues.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

We have the same record as the Celtics no?
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Right now it feels a little like his Lakers legacy is going to end up like Karl Malone's than Kobe's.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:
Right now it feels a little like his Lakers legacy is going to end up like Karl Malone's than Kobe's.

He needs a ring
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
epak wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
LBJ couldn’t get by a 50yr old Vince Carter late in the 4th last night, on back to back possessions. It was cringe worthy

False. Vince is 41.
Agree, it was weird to see.

He is still one of the strongest guys at his position and once he gets a head of steam still scary to stand in front of, but Lebron isn't as explosive and quick as he used to be. He's not gonna beat anyone one quick step off the dribble anymore. Get used to seeing him just lower his shoulder when he gets in the paint because he's not burning past anyone anymore.

I can understand him not being able to blow by a prime Kawhi or Jimmy Butler, but a washed up Vince? That was painful.

Hoping he's still working himself into shape. Early season. But agreed that was just bad, and a sign that his more athletic days are likely behind him. Hoping he can adapt well if indeed this is his new norm.

He’s lost a step athletically, but he’s put us in position to be in every game(except Toronto). I have no problem with his play and have been very impressed. But I don’t play 2k so my expectations are a little different. He’s still a top tier player along with KD, Curry and AD.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:

let’s hope it is similar to Wilt’s. Bringing up Malone is pretty silly given he only played one year here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:

Malone signed a minimum deal to play alongside 2 HOFers in their prime.

How are their legacies comparable? I’m grateful he joined without another max.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We have the same record as the Celtics no?
Talk to me after the All star break.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron knew what he was getting into. He came here on his own with no other star. He is playing with a bunch of kids and some average vets. When you are one of the GOAT and 3 time champ and 4 time MVP it's probably pretty easy to get a little impatient.

The negativity can be almost overwhelming at times but its somewhat understandable.No playoffs in 5 years, its a very frustrated fan base. Kuzma,Ball,Ingram are starting Hart the 6th man are all very young players who haven't found consistency in their game yet.BI is playing out of position Lonzo is playing off ball which is reducing his effectiveness. Lukes lineups and substitutions looks like an ameteur coach.Despite all the madness the team is winning games.The defense has gotten much better. The team is no where as good as it can be.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

My grade for LeBron A+

That + is for dealing with Luke’s ineptitude
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
My grade for LeBron A+

LeBron deserves a AA+++ for having the balls to come to a team that wasn’t in position to compete for a title unlike Philly and Houston, once LeBron goes on 100% gear during games the young players will follow and we will start dominating games more frequently.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is the GOAT and all, but I'm not here for this "I almost cracked" talk when he's out there playing at 50%.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
My grade for LeBron A+

Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

Saw this on realGM:

Quote:
LeBron first 13 games with 2010-11 Heat: 23.4 PTS/5.3 REB/8.8 AST/1.8 STL/0.6 BLK/.453 FG/.293 3PT/37.0 MPG

LeBron first 13 games with 2014-15 Cavs: 25.0 PTS/5.8 REB/7.2 AST/1.2 STL/0.8 BLK/.471 FG/.400 3PT/38.0 MPG

LeBron first 13 games with 2018-19 Lakers: 26.4 PTS/7.8 REB/7.1 AST/1.5 STL/0.7 BLK/.504 FG/.316 3PT/35.0 MPG

Of course, there are other variables: more possessions but fewer minutes, different league environment. But you get the point.

Also of note, the Cavs started 6-7 last season and LeBron's on/off was worse than it has been thus far in LA.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
32 wrote:

“impatient” or complacent?

James knew what he was supposed to deliver with the team as built and the promise of adding a marquee FA next year. Now he is impatient?

Seems to me that he has some level of accountability to the team up to this point. He has a role in their weakneses too. James has played unenthusiastic defense most of the time, missed critical FTs, settles for ISO plays over player movement and launching three point shots instead of driving to the basket. Not to mention his multiple off target behind the back passes for TOs.

Before James starts talking about being impatient he should take a realistic look at his own faults. Team is starting to play well together and build chemistry. Keep it rolling. Build on that energy after the Chandler game winning block.

I really do not want to see this team start imploding from finger pointing and ego issues.

Well said. He definitely looks a couple steps slower and his decision making has been off from the levels were used to seeing him despite his box score stats looking good. Maybe we’re just excited to finally have a guy who can consistently score 25+ point per game again and that’s good enough for some. I suppose there’s the hope that he plays better later in the season, but if he finally isn’t able to, this could be a long 4 years because he’s getting older with each passing day.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I can understand him not being able to blow by a prime Kawhi or Jimmy Butler, but a washed up Vince? That was painful.

Hoping he's still working himself into shape. Early season. But agreed that was just bad, and a sign that his more athletic days are likely behind him. Hoping he can adapt well if indeed this is his new norm.

Agreed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

It's pretty obvious to me. That first step is getting slower each year, but I think he wanted to join a team with a lot of young legs where he could help set the table passing-wise.

I'm excited for next season especially to see how he looks with another true #1 scoring option next to him who can take the scoring burden off of him. Right now we have a bunch of guys averaging in the mid-teens which is indicative of nights going 20 points then 12 then 18 then 11, etc. More consistency is necessary.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
epak wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
LBJ couldn’t get by a 50yr old Vince Carter late in the 4th last night, on back to back possessions. It was cringe worthy

False. Vince is 41.
Agree, it was weird to see.

He is still one of the strongest guys at his position and once he gets a head of steam still scary to stand in front of, but Lebron isn't as explosive and quick as he used to be. He's not gonna beat anyone one quick step off the dribble anymore. Get used to seeing him just lower his shoulder when he gets in the paint because he's not burning past anyone anymore.

He’s lost a step athletically, but he’s put us in position to be in every game(except Toronto). I have no problem with his play and have been very impressed. But I don’t play 2k so my expectations are a little different. He’s still a top tier player along with KD, Curry and AD.

Loved the effort when a Hawk drove by him and his reaction was to throw his foot out to trip him. Amazing defensive effort!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's pretty obvious to me. That first step is getting slower each year, but I think he wanted to join a team with a lot of young legs where he could help set the table passing-wise.

I'm a bit of a recent basketball fan who likes to lurk, but had to sign up to correct an ongoing impression on this board. That is, how well Lebron drives in the regular season. So I've got a couple of videos for you.

The first one is a 3 minute highlight session from a game against Philadelphia last year at the end of November. Take a look at how often he drives. And also take a look at how often he just shoots from 3 instead.

The next one is a highlight session in October last year. Fast forward to the 1 minute mark and see whether that first step of his, in the first quarter when he's fresh btw, is quicker than this years. He didn't exactly blow by his guy.

Excited for this team. Playoff Lebron vs regular season Lebron is a real thing, the youngsters can ball, and Chandler's a legend :3

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

*Double post*
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
*Double post*

There's a delete button friend. Welcome
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
drae wrote:
*Double post*

There's a delete button friend. Welcome

Ah thanks. It seems it no longer gives me the option to delete, but I'll remember it for the future
Thug24Life8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/1062517004043661318?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Bron joking around with BI.
"Kobe is a scientific dawg," O'Neal wrote. "He works out every day, practices every day. Most of the other stars are just dawgs, not scientific dawgs. Kobe will always have the edge because of his range and killer instinct."
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

TBH LeBron has never had a killer 1st step. He gets by people with strength more than anything.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
TBH LeBron has never had a killer 1st step. He gets by people with strength more than anything.

Yeah, and I think the Laker fanbase has fundamentally misunderstood the type of player Lebron is. Like they think he's going to blow by everyone to the basket and dunk a hundred times a game.

Anyway someone compiled what they thought was his 30 most impressive plays as a member of the Miami heat, and there's very few iso plays among them. Most of the plays in that list were epic blocks, killer assists, dunks over people, and spot up jumpers. In fact, play number 5, with the Heat playing the Golden State, down by 2, 10 seconds on the clock, he didn't run down the clock then drive for a dunk. Instead he ran the clock down then took a contested, fadeaway 3 pointer. It just happened to go in, lol.

The number one play, he ran the clock down then had a mid range jump shot.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 872, 873, 874 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 873 of 2082
Jump to: