HAWKS -at- LAKERS – 11-11-18 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

The way they use the "veteran" Lin over on the Hawks is EXACTLY how we should be using rondo, only played when Zo needed a breather, or had foul trouble. Young finished the freakin game... Zo should as well. They are destroying a developmental year for Zo, for a guy who won't be here next year. Boggles the mind.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Best and Worst combination this game:

.L. James, .J. McGee, .L. Ball, .K. Kuzma, .J. Hart
10 pts in 4 minutes +7
plus/minus +7

.L. James, .J. McGee, .B. Ingram, .L. Ball, .K. Kuzma
34 pts in 15 minutes
plus/minus +7

.T. Chandler, .L. James, .B. Ingram, .K. Kuzma, .J. Hart
8 pts in 4.5 minutes
plus/minus +4

Lowest rank combination:
.T. Chandler, .R. Rondo, .L. Stephenson, .KCP, .J. Hart
17 pts in 8 minutes
plus/minus -10

I just want to emphasize on why Luke use this combination (.T. Chandler, .R. Rondo, .L. Stephenson, .KCP, .J. Hart ) 3 games in a row now? Obviously they are the lowest +/- among all the combinations.

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/traditional/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612747&sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1&LastNGames=1

Last edited by leking006 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Watched a replay last night. I agree with your best closing lineup. Take Ingram out, put Lonzo in if you need to protect a 1 point lead.

Lebron, Kuzma, Hart, Lonzo, and take your pick on McGee/Chandler.. I feel like that's a lineup that will win a lot of games. They compliment each other well.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB. I don't think Ingram was garbage, though. His offense was "meh", but his defense was good, as usual. Unfortunately, the Lakers as a whole "stop the ball" when forced into a half court game, which is why Luke is encouraging them to run the ball more, instead of walking it up.

The Lakers don't have an established half court offense, yet. So, the ball tends to find a few players, like LeBron, Ingram, Rondo, and Lance, who are looked at to playmake. Sometimes, Zo, but he's more of a "full court" playmaker, then a half court one, at the moment.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Thanks DB! Watched a replay last night. I agree with your best closing lineup. Take Ingram out, put Lonzo in if you need to protect a 1 point lead.

Lebron, Kuzma, Hart, Lonzo, and take your pick on McGee/Chandler.. I feel like that's a lineup that will win a lot of games. They compliment each other well.

I think they should insert Hart in the starting lineup and let BI come off the bench. Our bench is in need of a legit SF and a big time scorer. The bench are too small with kcp playing as SF and lance sa PF.
LakerMania
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I think they should insert Hart in the starting lineup and let BI come off the bench. Our bench is in need of a legit SF and a big time scorer. The bench are too small with kcp playing as SF and lance sa PF.

I thought the current lineup would work, I was wrong. LeBron and Kuz mesh good. BI and Lebron looks redundant so far. I think it would be better for the team and for BI if he came off the bench too. There's not enough ball movement when LeBron is on the floor and it hurts BI the most. Not sure if his ego can take sitting on bench, but I hope he realizes he will be able to shine the most coming off the bench. I think it would benefit the Lakers if Lebron played a lot less minutes, but again not sure if his ego can take it.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

BI and LeBron need their Brook Lopez or Kevin Love out there to open up the floor for them more to get to the rim when the game bogs down. A lot of settling for perimeter shots because of spacing issues. Execution will get better to help them, but they would be a lot more trouble for opponents if they had that floor spacing.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerMania wrote:
leking006 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I thought the current lineup would work, I was wrong. LeBron and Kuz mesh good. BI and Lebron looks redundant so far. I think it would be better for the team and for BI if he came off the bench too. There's not enough ball movement when LeBron is on the floor and it hurts BI the most. Not sure if his ego can take sitting on bench, but I hope he realizes he will be able to shine the most coming off the bench. I think it would benefit the Lakers if Lebron played a lot less minutes, but again not sure if his ego can take it.

Either that or BI adjusts his game to try to be heavy d with 3 and basket cutting(like kuz)...if we combined kuz and BI into one player we'd have a two way all star
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Thanks, DB. I don't think Ingram was garbage, though. His offense was "meh", but his defense was good, as usual. Unfortunately, the Lakers as a whole "stop the ball" when forced into a half court game, which is why Luke is encouraging them to run the ball more, instead of walking it up.

The Lakers don't have an established half court offense, yet. So, the ball tends to find a few players, like LeBron, Ingram, Rondo, and Lance, who are looked at to playmake. Sometimes, Zo, but he's more of a "full court" playmaker, then a half court one, at the moment.

I've been a huge BI supporter since he came into the league ...but have to admit I'm very disappointed in his lack of progress (mainly on offense ) this year. I agree he wasn't garbage but I was so smh on a number of his possession attempts especially to open the game.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Luke is probably trying to teach Lonzo a lesson (Phil Jackson style) not letting him finish games

What lesson?

What lesson did he teach to Randle last year not playing him for half a season?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a block at the buzzer to win the game.

Pau had like 5 of them during his time here. I remember thinking I've never seen so many blocked shots for game winners before.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

If the Hawks beat GSW tonight, should GSW fire Kerr? Even if GSW wins by a slim margin, they should fire Kerr right? Because the line ups Kerr is throwing out is horrible.

I mean they lost to the Clippers and are struggling against the Hawks.

So many different line ups for Kerr so far. Why doesn’t he just pull out his phone and listen to NBA line up twitter experts.

I mean, where is the offensive scheme? He just gives it to his best players and let them do what ever they want. I mean they are great and future hall of famers but there is no offensive scheme. Ugh.

Luckily they can hit their free throws and have serviceable big men, or else Kerr should be fired right?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

If your point is about people talking about firing Luke, absolutely not. That’s ridiculous. Seemed ridiculous that Magic went off on him when it was clear from the schedule and the massive turnover they weren’t going to get off to a good start. Firing Luke would be silly at this point and a bit tone deaf to some of the inherant issues with the roster.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Quote:
I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a block at the buzzer to win the game.

Pau had like 5 of them during his time here. I remember thinking I've never seen so many blocked shots for game winners before.

Agreed. At least two of them against Ray Allen, to boot. Although Chandler, imo, blocked a shot that was pretty obviously going in. Pau blocked mostly three's, if I remember correctly -- tough to say they were as automatic.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
If the Hawks beat GSW tonight, should GSW fire Kerr? Even if GSW wins by a slim margin, they should fire Kerr right? Because the line ups Kerr is throwing out is horrible.

I mean they lost to the Clippers and are struggling against the Hawks.

So many different line ups for Kerr so far. Why doesn’t he just pull out his phone and listen to NBA line up twitter experts.

I mean, where is the offensive scheme? He just gives it to his best players and let them do what ever they want. I mean they are great and future hall of famers but there is no offensive scheme. Ugh.

Luckily they can hit their free throws and have serviceable big men, or else Kerr should be fired right?

Well done, sir.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

I didn't anticipate Rondo being an ineffective piece this frequently. Perhaps ineffective is too pejorative a label; maybe low impact is it.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
I didn't anticipate Rondo being an ineffective piece this frequently. Perhaps ineffective is too pejorative a label; maybe low impact is it.

Second night of a back to back. Something to watch for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: