*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers (11/14/18 ) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Staples wasn’t that loud. The casual crowd is still in that “we want Kobe” phase.

We probably won’t have a game even close to as loud as Kobe’s last game until Lebron goes off in the Finals or WCF against the Warriors at Staples.

It’s unfair but the truth.

At least someone isnt in denial about it

It really sucks but i guess thats just LA for you 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Rondo brken hand???

Ugh man. Out probably at least 3 to 4 weeks. Is Caruso back or is Lance the backup PG.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Ugh. Rondo broken hand? Wonder what kind of break? Hart was out about 4-5 weeks iirc. I hope it's not that bad....
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Ugh. Rondo broken hand? Wonder what kind of break? Hart was out about 4-5 weeks iirc. I hope it's not that bad....

Terrible timing right when we start the road trip

But at least we’re playing some bad teams..
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:
Man idk what gives with this damn staples crowd

Guys just pulled out a great win they’re playing some good basketball on a 4 game streak LeBron just went nute but you would think this is the preseason the way NOBODY ever cheers in this damn building!!

I hate it

They were cheering the whole 4th quarter. Heard it loud and clear on Spectrum. Does ESPN mute the sound or are you watching some busted stream?

I knew you’d come to their defense lmao

But stop it please. This building is never loud even when they have a reason to be.

I was watching Spectrum, and it sounded pretty loud to me. Not Utah Jazz loud, but I could hear the crowd cheering pretty enthusiastically and a couple of MVP chants for Bron. They were also groaning at the missed chances for the Lebron triple double too.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo nows your chance!!! time to show em all !!!
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for QFTOS!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Good win

-Lebron with his first dominant, I am lebron (bleep) James type game.
-Defense good after 1st quarter
-Good shooting, shoutout to KCP. He was money.

Only slight disappointment is the young core looked too hesitant in crunch time. They need to just be confident, Lebron can’t take over every game. Tonight he could because of a couple of days off leading into this game and no game until Saturday.

Starting to crank it up and it has been ignited by much better defense.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I still worry about this team

We basically won tonight behind LeBron’s greatness and Portland missing a lot of good looks

Seems like we never win because of the young guys
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Can't wait for QFTOS!
same

I'm sleepy. Must. Hold. On.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

great win. greater spirit.
right now, I will bet on Bron making it from 38 feet than from free throw line....
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

mhan00 wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:

Guys just pulled out a great win they’re playing some good basketball on a 4 game streak LeBron just went nute but you would think this is the preseason the way NOBODY ever cheers in this damn building!!

I hate it

They were cheering the whole 4th quarter. Heard it loud and clear on Spectrum. Does ESPN mute the sound or are you watching some busted stream?

But stop it please. This building is never loud even when they have a reason to be.

I was watching Spectrum, and it sounded pretty loud to me. Not Utah Jazz loud, but I could hear the crowd cheering pretty enthusiastically and a couple of MVP chants for Bron. They were also groaning at the missed chances for the Lebron triple double too.

Ehh to each his own
Staples is never loud to me in comparison to most other arenas it is what it is tho we’ve always had this isssue ..
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:

I hate it

I'm not stopping one damn thing. I let it go the first time you posted but when it came up again less than a page later.... A - I can hear, B - I know what it's like in Staples.

I'm sorry that not all fans get to to experience games live I wish we all could, it's an amazing experience. That said you are beyond extra with how quiet you think Staples is....

Lol what?

Even opposing fans are always saying how dead our fans are 😂😂

How could you take into account opposing fans?!?! That has no logic behind it. They are opposing fans, thus the majority of them are watching from tv. I’ve been to a ton of Laker games live and the place goes nuts. Sure people arrive late, but once it’s full, that place is loud. And the local LA tv feeds can pick up all that noise.

Last edited by Canuckx on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did we own Blazers this season?
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
JAN24/2/14 wrote:
Great win but Luke needs to tigthen up his rotations. BI sat for around 10 mins and Lonzo sat for around 7 mins before they came back in the 4th. WTH? its not like rondo and lance were playing great during that stretch.

Beats the blazers twice.

The bench extends the lead.

We win convincingly.

Free throws, 3pt percentage and team defense is starting to come about and tightening the line up is all you have to say?

It was a great win. Lebron played his butt off. Our bench did their thing. The best overall team defense I’ve seen all year. The coaching staff adjusted very well at the half.

Why can’t people just enjoy the win without having to reach for anything they can pin on Luke.

I agree.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Best we looked as a team and best LeBron has looked as a Laker. We took it to another level tonight but still have room for improvement. Improving at a good pace though. Hope we don't take a step back soon. I'm loving it
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Terrible timing right when we start the road trip

But at least we’re playing some bad teams..

It might be a bad thing or a good thing, but if ever there was the opportunity for Zo to claim his birthright... now’s the road trip. Awesome win, supreme communication. ‘Do can still assist coach while healing up. I’m sure his body, in general, can use the break anyway. Remind me, who is the sr. player on the team? Anyway, fantastic win. Let’s go for two undefeated weeks in a row!

Suicide Squad Lakeshow! This is some entertaining ball, fam!

Defensive consistency... needs a lil work Coach Walton. The goal is to blow the lesser teams out early to give the vets some rest.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Canuckx wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:

I hate it

I'm not stopping one damn thing. I let it go the first time you posted but when it came up again less than a page later.... A - I can hear, B - I know what it's like in Staples.

I'm sorry that not all fans get to to experience games live I wish we all could, it's an amazing experience. That said you are beyond extra with how quiet you think Staples is....

Lol what?

How could you take into account opposing fans?!?! That has no logic behind it. They are opposing fans, thus the majority of them are watching from tv. I’ve been to a ton of Laker games live and the place goes nuts. Sure people arrive late, but once it’s full, that place is loud. And the local LA tv feeds can pick up all that noise.

I’ve been to a few arenas.. T-Mobile arena, Thomas&Mack, Oracle, Talking Stick, Vivint Smart, Staples, Golden 1, Arco and AT&T

I can tell you from my own experience Staples has the least amount of energy of all them ..
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Did we own Blazers this season?

Lakers 2, Blazers 1 with one game to go, in Staples.

Either we tie or win 3-1. I wouldn't bet on the tie.
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Canuckx wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:

I hate it

Lol what?

I’ve been to a few arenas.. T-Mobile arena, Thomas&Mack, Oracle, Talking Stick, Vivint Smart, Staples, Golden 1, Arco and AT&T

I can tell you from my own experience Staples has the least amount of energy of all them ..

Well that’s definitely more arenas than I’ve been to, so I will take your word for it!! Which one did you find the craziest?
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
I believe the Lakers move up to 7th in the West with this win
for sure they move ahead of the current #8 Spurs, who are at 7-6

7th, tied with Kings who are also 8-6.
Spurs sit @ 9th as of right now.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Canuckx wrote:
LKA wrote:
Canuckx wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:

I hate it

Lol what?

Well that’s definitely more arenas than I’ve been to, so I will take your word for it!! Which one did you find the craziest?

Definitely Oracle but obviously they always have a great team to cheer for .. Kings and Jazz fans are always loud regardless of how good or bad they are FWIW
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if my lifetime ban at the Oregon Live Trailblazers site is still in force

Go Lakers!
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Great win, but I hope we don't continue to rely on Lebron for great wins.

Isn't that why they brought him here?

I'd prefer Lebron not die by March.

We want him somewhat fresh in the playoffs.

Lebron has been playing efficiently and until today only on one end. He was coasting on defence before today’s game. And while I’d like for his minutes to drop 3 mins to 32, he is 16th in the league. I think that’s pretty good minutes management by Luke and it arguably could have been lower if Magic didn’t put extra media pressure on the win in a hurry meeting. For how many young guys he’s playing with, I’m not too concerned with 35mins a game.

Now hopefully this team continues to gel and we see that number drop.
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Canuckx wrote:
LKA wrote:
Canuckx wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LKA wrote:

I hate it

Lol what?

Definitely Oracle but obviously they always have a great team to cheer for .. Kings and Jazz fans are always loud regardless of how good or bad they are FWIW

I’d love to visit Oracle and Cow town. But alas, I moved overseas and am stuck watching online. That or Japanese B league. (Watched Sacre over here. Haha)

LakerLanny....what did you do to earn a lifetime ban?!?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 55 of 56
Jump to: