OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1413, 1414, 1415 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

^this. the fact that luke has tried a million different lineups but still insists on starting ingram when his #'s with lebron are one of the worst on the team is baffling.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
kb24GOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
^this. the fact that luke has tried a million different lineups but still insists on starting ingram when his #'s with lebron are one of the worst on the team is baffling.

to me it just means that we're gassing the kid up for a trade.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
jg77 wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Ingram is not a #1A or 2 option. he should model his game after ariza.

Yeah, he's a role player with the freedom of a 2nd option. Coaching staff needs to rein it in.

He's not a role player with the freedom of a 2nd option that needs to rein him in.

He's a guy that's forced to play like the 2nd option because of the coaching staff.

Do people really think a Lebron led team, trying to win now, is just not able to control BI? That's he's just on his own saying "(bleep) this, I want my isos"? He's 20, he doesn't have the IQ that other guys do, they need to implement him better.

They think he’s an uncoachable player who has bought his own hype. Of course they truely believe this.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

kb24GOAT wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Disagree.
I think he's used less than a million lineups.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
kb24GOAT wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Disagree.
I think he's used less than a million lineups.

But has he used a million lineups per 82?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
^ Kuzma's struggled from outside, but he's still a threat from there, and let's not pretend like Brook was lighting it up. Basically it's a swap from Randle to McGee in terms of paint congestion, and I'd argue Randle was far more focused on getting his shot or rebound.

He's shooting 29% from three on 5 attempts a game and is still called a threat?

With terrible defense to boot. For the life of me I will never understand the double standard and if we want to keep it all the real, Kuzma cost us Randle and they are both the same age. We let the better player go because we felt he was expendable, now he’s dropping triple doubles off the bench against the Spurs. Now the fans want to make the same mistake with BI due to their impatience.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Its hilarious to see folks putting Kuzma down to prop up Ingram and his horrible play right now.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
Its hilarious to see folks putting Kuzma down to prop up Ingram and his horrible play right now.

If someone is able to put Kuzma down to prop up BI's "horrible play" then how bad is Kuzma playing? Note, I'm not saying BI is playing "horrible."

Last edited by epak on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Both players (and you can throw in all the younglings) are works in progress. The differences are now we have a star the young guys have to adjust to and play with. The guys who play best with Lebron are going to get the most minutes, and they adjust to Lebron, not the other way around.

And as far as BI vs. Kuzma, its the difference of one guy in his 3rd year, 2nd pick, plays pretty good except for shooting the ball. (He is a lot like 2nd year Ball in that regard). The other guy is a late first round pick, hasn't shot great this year, but better at getting open for easy looks paired with LeBron. He is also not showing good defensive ability or rebounding consistently.

Lastly, BI I think is making around $6.6 million a year and really isn't fully earning that yet. Kuzma makes around $1.5 million a year, and I'd say he is giving more value, primarily because his points make up for his lack of defense, and he is still cheap. Given if you reversed the players, and Kuzma was the third year guy making $6 million and BI was the second year guy making $1.5, and all other stats were the same, Kuzma would be the Lakers whipping boy. Just ask Randle; get paid, but can't shoot other than layups? You are going to be under the microscope.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
^this. the fact that luke has tried a million different lineups but still insists on starting ingram at the 2 when he obviously underperforms there is baffling.

Fixed that for you
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Ramona just told Mason that Magic really still is high on Ingram... she also said she would trade Lonzo and Kuzma if she had to choose from the core.

My guess is that she's parroting management's current mood.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Thing is they wouldn't need to do any of that if Luke actually had the foresight to put Kuzma on the bench and play Ingram at his natural position and move Hart to the starting 2.

It's literally that things are transpiring as they are because Luke doesn't want to be an actual coach and try something like putting LeBron at the 4 and starting Hart and Ingram with Lonzo and McGee.

The risk is that we look bad and lose, then eyes are on Luke, but the other side of it is if we win or it winds up workign better than even if LeBron didn't want to full time 4, if it's for the betterment of the team he isn't going to be complaining about it.

For all the "he can play any position" the 4 shouldn't be too much of a stretch for him.

It is less of a stretch asking LeBron to play the 4 than it is asking Ingram to main the 2.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Ramona just told Mason that Magic really still is high on Ingram... she also said she would trade Lonzo and Kuzma if she had to choose from the core.

Wait to go Magic.
LOL
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Thing is they wouldn't need to do any of that if Luke actually had the foresight to put Kuzma on the bench and play Ingram at his natural position and move Hart to the starting 2.

It's literally that things are transpiring as they are because Luke doesn't want to be an actual coach and try something like putting LeBron at the 4 and starting Hart and Ingram with Lonzo and McGee.

The risk is that we look bad and lose, then eyes are on Luke, but the other side of it is if we win or it winds up workign better than even if LeBron didn't want to full time 4, if it's for the betterment of the team he isn't going to be complaining about it.

For all the "he can play any position" the 4 shouldn't be too much of a stretch for him.

It is less of a stretch asking LeBron to play the 4 than it is asking Ingram to main the 2.

I'm happy trying that... I like the young kids, although Lonzo's shooting is getting harder and harder to defend.

If he can learn to finish, I think he'll be fine... but I don't see any improvement since last season.

I think Kuzma would make a good 6th man/instant offense type player.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Alright, I'm saying it. He's getting traded before next season.

His game isn't conducive to winning IMO. Scoring wise he needs the ball in his hands, and settles for inefficient twos. Off-ball he's not a willing or good 3pt shooter. Defensively, could be good, but nothing is there to make me think he's going to be a difference maker on D (he has long arms, I know). He doesn't rebound. Not a good fit next to Lebron, and we're trying to maximize our window in the next 3 years, which Ingram doesn't do.

Flame away. As always, I hope to be proven wrong. I know there are many reasons people will point out (it's only been 10 games, he's only 21, etc.), I'm just calling my shot. He's the worst long-term fit with the best trade value. That spells him getting traded IMO.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Everyone is high on Ingram but LG
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Maybe BI threatened to beat up, Magic?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm almost positive Ingram does well in 5 on 5 scrimmages and then has choked in games this season.

I just wish he'd put together some good games to take the heat off.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

https://t.co/fnppH6931U

The team is making it way harder than it has to be.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Why I harp on coaching.. and why I say he's a good player when utilized correctly.

This goes for Kuz, and Ball as well. A lot of you are dumping on Ingram, Kuz, and Ball when the real problem is the coaching staff.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Ingram to the bench as 6th man solves a lot of issues. Play him 30mpg just staggered with LBJ. Move Hart into the starting lineup and you solve a lot of issues. Kuzma is a better fit with Lebron than Ingram. You could swap Hart and KCP since Hart can play in the post when needed on the Lakers small ball lineup.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Ingram to the bench as 6th man solves a lot of issues. Play him 30mpg just staggered with LBJ. Move Hart into the starting lineup and you solve a lot of issues. Kuzma is a better fit with Lebron than Ingram. You could swap Hart and KCP since Hart can play in the post when needed on the Lakers small ball lineup.

Ingram doesn't have to go to the bench.

The substitution pattern needs to change, and then he can play with the 2nd unit as a lead initiator.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

This nailed it Mike!

Last edited by ShowtimeReturns on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Solid read!
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Ingram has not evolved his game to fit next to LeBron. It shouldn't be the other way around.

I actually disagree here, great players should be able to make their talents work around the guys they have. Kobe always had to. He never got to play to his strengths due to roster construction. Yet here we are 15 years later and LBj still won’t try and evolve his game one bit?!? Obviously he’s still great at doing it, but how long does he expect to maintain this level of play as the primary ball handler all the time and just expecting guys to play LeBron ball.

we have a 3 year championship window with LBJ. there's not waiting around to wait for ingram to develop into a better fit. we need to win NOW. the difference with kobe is he was usually always surrounded by vets who knew their role.

This is such a silly argument to make. The lakers existed before Lebron and will continue to exist after the 3 year window. We don’t need to trade the farm yet to compete for a title that we most likely won’t win when we are already competing now with Lebron.

Magic promised Lebron will get his 2nd banana next season, why the rush? This year is a trial period and a development year for BI and Ball, let them develop! If you can’t wait, then feel free to jump on any current contender that suits your needs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1413, 1414, 1415 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1414 of 1885
Jump to: