Police Kill Security Guard Who'd Just Apprehended an "Active Shooter"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Body cameras everywhere. All the time.

The police need to be policed. They have had that blue line where they can conspire for too long pulling illegal activities for far too long.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I take it you believe the police not witnesses. It didn't say thought. The account said his vest said security.

I would lean towards believing the police report but an easy way to tell would be to ask his employer what the dress attire is for the position. That would tell you whether or not he's wearing anything that says security on it.
jodeke wrote:

"We all yelled. 'He's a security. He's a security,' and without ... giving any thought, they shot him," Harris told the station. "The vest said security as well ... and they shot him in the side."

Here is one possible reason why even though people were yelling it didn't register.
https://loadoutroom.com/7121/shocking-facts-gun-fights/
Adrenaline is something we cannot avoid in a high threat situation, especially in a gun fight for your life....When your body experiences an adrenaline overload, you may experience a few of these symptoms, tunnel vision, audio exclusion, shortness of breath, etc.

The officer obviously screwed up big time but when you're faced with someone with a gun on a call where you already know people were shot he's already expecting that he could be fired. It only takes a fraction of a second for that to happen so he has to make a split second decision and tragically chose poorly.

Just shows you that more guns is not necessarily the answer. In the Thousand Oaks shooting if multiple civilians had guns can you imagine the confusion that would have happened. Maybe they could have gotten lucky and taken out the shooter but just as likely they probably would have shot innocent people or been shot themselves in the chaos.

Explain an officer saying “One cop, black cop with glasses, he said, ‘Man, you didn’t have to do that, "you didn’t have to do that. We know these guys. We told you they’re security.’”

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

See? That’s how it is done Jod!
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Explain an officer saying “One cop, black cop with glasses, he said, ‘Man, you didn’t have to do that, "you didn’t have to do that. We know these guys. We told you they’re security.’”

Sounds like he screwed up which I believe is entirely possible but it doesn't prove racism which is what my original issue was with the article title.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sounds like he screwed up which I believe is entirely possible but it doesn't prove racism which is what my original issue was with the article title.

It's just never, ever racism with you. There could be a thousand police shootings with tons of evidence indicating racial undertones. And you will never ever, ever, not even for a second, concede that racism had anything to do with it. I guess there is no racism in Police Departments, right? No racism in America, right? Or only theoretical racism but never ever in a specific incidence?

This is truly pathetic. And completely transparent. And ugly. And this in a nutshell is the problem about starting to discuss policies that might diminish these horrific outcomes. First, you have to admit there is racism involved. And as long as people dance around and deny, deny, deny -- it's impossible for progress to be made.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone wonder about Amber Guyger murdering Botham Shem Jean

The officer in Texas who murdered the black man because he made too much noise...
He lived in the apartment above her
She is a trained POLICE OFFICER who claims she parked on the wrong floor
Entered wrong floor
Went to door with a big red mat in front of it
Broke in somehow
Claimed she thought the black man was in her home as she murdered him in
Cold blood in his living room. *** coppers sprinkled crack on him when the search warrant results were given to the public about what this man was doing inside his own home

If anyone accepts her sleepsanity defense then the department that hired her and her chief need charged immediately with abuse and neglect

Neglect for not checking her personality tests well enough
And abuse for knowingly pushing an officer to a point of sleep deprivation
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

It's just never, ever racism with you. There could be a thousand police shootings with tons of evidence indicating racial undertones. And you will never ever, ever, not even for a second, concede that racism had anything to do with it. I guess there is no racism in Police Departments, right? No racism in America, right? Or only theoretical racism but never ever in a specific incidence?

This is truly pathetic. And completely transparent. And ugly. And this in a nutshell is the problem about starting to discuss policies that might diminish these horrific outcomes. First, you have to admit there is racism involved. And as long as people dance around and deny, deny, deny -- it's impossible for progress to be made.

I don't assume racism just because whatever happened involved two different ethnicities. What you're doing is actually being racist by automatically assuming the white officer is guilty of a racist act. I just want there to be evidence in a situation that it's racially motivated. If that evidence is there then it's appropriate to bring that into play but automatically jumping to the conclusion of racism is not only incorrect most of the time it's making racial tensions worse.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I don't assume racism just because whatever happened involved two different ethnicities. What you're doing is actually being racist by automatically assuming the white officer is guilty of a racist act. I just want there to be evidence in a situation that it's racially motivated. If that evidence is there then it's appropriate to bring that into play but automatically jumping to the conclusion of racism is not only incorrect most of the time it's making racial tensions worse.

No. You will not be allowed to hypocritically flip the script and pretend I'm the racist. That is what Trump would do. That is what white supremacists do.

I've done everything short of calling you a racist because I'm not in your head. BUT YOU WILL NOT DEFLECT THIS BACK ON TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD WHO CAN SEE THROUGH YOUR (bleep).

If you keep up the (bleep), you'll go the way of the rest of the idiot trolls here. I'm serious.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Racism isn't always determined by the obvious LINK The obvious is 100%. Racism is sometime subtle. I understand your need for evidence. Evaluate. This officer pushed past Black security at the door of a Black establishment, jumped up on the bar and gave commands. Shot a person who no other officer presumed was a threat. Would he have done this in a White establishment? I don't know but I surmise NO. He was also told by a fellow officer the person was security. IMO his actions were racist. I've given you my reasons for this belief. You say you want evidence, there is and will be none is this case other than subjective subtle obvious. What would it take to convince you?

I can wait!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Either racist or some kind of psychopath

There were police ALREADY in the bar

He (bleep) shot the guy
The security guard who looked up at him
BEFORE HE MURDERED him
And told him he was security
Then he shot him in the leg
And
Well
Again in the heart from the side

Had to take control before anyone got hurt
Them dumb cops already in there needed captain caveman to save the day
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The Thief wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

No. You will not be allowed to hypocritically flip the script and pretend I'm the racist. That is what Trump would do. That is what white supremacists do.

I've done everything short of calling you a racist because I'm not in your head. BUT YOU WILL NOT DEFLECT THIS BACK ON TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD WHO CAN SEE THROUGH YOUR (bleep).

If you keep up the (bleep), you'll go the way of the rest of the idiot trolls here. I'm serious.

I haven't said anything remotely racist unlike yourself so don't give me that BS. I'm not going to be bullied by your liberal playbook to turn everything into a race issue. If you don't like that then go ahead and move forward with your ability to silence me as that's what's expected of cowards like yourself that can't handle a difference of opinion.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject:

Ah yes, the old “you’re the (insert what I’m doing here), and if you do anything about me, you’re the bully and the coward, because I get to do what I like or it’s you silencing diffeeent opinions” routine. Just once, can’t we have someone with some slightly new material?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Ah yes, the old “you’re the (insert what I’m doing here), and if you do anything about me, you’re the bully and the coward, because I get to do what I like or it’s you silencing diffeeent opinions” routine. Just once, can’t we have someone with some slightly new material?

Apparently not. People are free to spew their white nationalist passive/aggressive propaganda -- somewhere else.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Racism isn't always determined by the obvious LINK The obvious is 100%. Racism is sometime subtle. I understand your need for evidence. Evaluate. This officer pushed past Black security at the door of a Black establishment, jumped up on the bar and gave commands. Shot a person who no other officer presumed was a threat. Would he have done this in a White establishment? I don't know but I surmise NO. He was also told by a fellow officer the person was security. IMO his actions were racist. I've given you my reasons for this belief. You say you want evidence, there is and will be none is this case other than subjective subtle obvious. What would it take to convince you?

I can wait!

AGAIN LINK I'm not being confrontational, I'm really curious. Your posts imply racism but are legitimate in their asking. You ask for evidence. What are you looking for? I've given my reasons, what do you want as evidence?

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

2 men attempt an armed robbery of a liquor store. Unbeknownst to them, the store owner has 2 dogs on premise's as a deterrent. A silent alarm is set off and the Police are summone. 3 officers arrive on scene and see 2 dogs hovering over 2 people growling as the 2 perps cower beneath them. Seeing that the 2 dogs have the perps under control, the 3 officers continue to investigate and make sure nothing else untoward is afoot. Then a 4th officer arrives, jumps up on the counter, and yells at both o the dogs to sit. And when neither dog obeys within 5 seconds of his arrival, with 3 other officers already on scene,, he shoots one of the dogs. One of the dogs was a Golden Retriever, and the other was a Pit Bull.

Guess which dog the officer shot? Innocent mistake? Or evidence of implicit bias? Why did the other officers witnessing the same set of events defer from killing the dog?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
The cop who shot him

TWICE ..

Deserves the Electric Chair

Premeditated murder
Quote:
“One cop, black cop with glasses, he said, ‘Man, you didn’t have to do that, you didn’t have to do that. We know these guys. We told you they’re security.’”

Let me guess...
No charges so far
Went home and enjoyed dinner with his family
No Drug tests?
Secured the murdering officers social media history?

Please don't let this one get away

The security guard looked up at him and told him he was security and asked for his help

The conspiracy nut in me thinks there are bigger forces at play holding down the average new police hires I.Q.

you dont even have to consult the conspiracy theorist inside of you. just look towards the FBI report and history.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

Quote:
In September a Louisiana police detective was fired after pictures surfaced of him at a KKK rally giving a Nazi salute. A few months earlier the civil-rights group The Southern Poverty Law Center exposed an Anniston, Alabama, police officer for speaking at a rally of the known hate group League of the South.

Law enforcement ties to white supremacist groups have been uncovered outside of the South as well.

A federal judge in 1991 described a clique of deputies at the Lynwood Sheriff's station in Los Angeles as a "neo-Nazi, white supremacist gang." The judge’s finding came after more than 70 Lynwood residents filed a lawsuit alleging deputies engaged "in systematic acts of shooting, killing, brutality, terrorism, house-trashing and other acts of lawlessness and wanton abuse of power," especially against Latinos and blacks, the Los Angeles Times reported.

"There is a direct link between departmental policy makers, who tacitly authorize deputies' unconstitutional behavior, and the injuries suffered by the plaintiffs," wrote U. S. District Judge Terry J. Hatter Jr. The county of Los Angeles agreed to a settlement in 1996, promising to retrain deputies and pay $7.5 million to compensate victims of alleged abuses.

Years later in 2012 the L.A. Times reported the L.A. county undersheriff, the department’s second in command, had a Lynwood Vikings tattoo, the name of the group the judge referred to as a "neo-Nazi, white supremacist gang." Former undersheriff Paul Tanaka admitted to having a Vikings tattoo on an ankle and told a local radio station that “it was no big thing. [The viking] was a mascot."

Tanaka left the department in 2013 and is now the mayor of Gardena, a Los Angeles suburb with a population of 60,000 residents. His office did not respond to Fusion’s request for comment.

In an October 2006 report the FBI reported that “white supremacist infiltration of law enforcement” is a “concern” because it can lead to "investigative breaches and can jeopardize the safety of law enforcement sources and personnel." https://splinternews.com/its-time-to-admit-police-have-a-history-of-connections-1793853567

But we already know this. You dont need a full on white supremacist to harm people of color. All you need is an officer who has been trained his entire life to not care as much about people that do not look like him/her. thats it. And that alone is a racist way of thinking. But we know its real.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
One of the dogs was a Golden Retriever, and the other was a Pit Bull.

Guess which dog the officer shot? Innocent mistake? Or evidence of implicit bias? Why did the other officers witnessing the same set of events defer from killing the dog?

Hopefully the pit bull, they are disgusting, ferocious creatures.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

pit bull is Cuban, wrong dog
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Precisely!

Ferocious
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

It's my understanding pit bulls are not vicious by nature. Those that are, are trained to be that way. LINK

A excerpt from the link
Quote:
While Pit Bulls are not good guard dogs because they just love people so much, they may intercede if someone threatens “their” humans. Pit Bulls are great with children. Pit Bulls are a loyal, people-oriented breed that thrive as part of the family. They are affectionate with both adults and children.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I grew up in that part of the country, racism is definitely a strong possibility. Especially in law enforcement/detention. The large employer near my hometown is a State prision. And it is no surprise that the majority of inmates are black from East St. Louis and Chicago. I had many childhood friends work there and in my last visit I hardly recognized them, they had become so anti-black. Then again, I had a few friends go into law enforcement because they thought they were badasses. They wouldn’t have cared if the guy was black or white, just as long as their ego got fed.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Precisely!

Ferocious

lol. google search "baby mauled by pit bull"

sort by year, month, then week
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's my understanding pit bulls are not vicious by nature. Those that are, are trained to be that way. LINK

A excerpt from the link
Quote:
While Pit Bulls are not good guard dogs because they just love people so much, they may intercede if someone threatens “their” humans. Pit Bulls are great with children. Pit Bulls are a loyal, people-oriented breed that thrive as part of the family. They are affectionate with both adults and children.

lol

jodeke you lost your dog discussion privileges a long time ago
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

A excerpt from the link
Quote:

lol

jodeke you lost your dog discussion privileges a long time ago

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Precisely!

Ferocious

lol. google search "baby mauled by pit bull"

sort by year, month, then week

Yikes! It really is sad that some dog owners are attracted to a breed just to try to get the worst out of them. You can turn any breed of dog bad...

Savage Chihuahua

Jack Russell Terrior

Cocky Spaniel

Golden Retrieved
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: