Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 645, 646, 647 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Hopefully vets we overpaid this year will come back on the cheap next year.

Isn't this less likely because the entire league has cap space next year?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

There's a conspiracy theory going around that Magic overpaid for Rondo this year so he'd re-sign at the minimum next year. So the conspiracy theory goes we trade Ingram and Lonzo (and other pieces) for Anthony Davis, we pick up KD in FA, and now we need a PG so we'll re-sign Rondo at the min because we paid 9 million for him this year (his salary was only 3 mil last year).

Take that how you will. I really hope we don't trade Lonzo though
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
levon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

There's a conspiracy theory going around that Magic overpaid for Rondo this year so he'd re-sign at the minimum next year. So the conspiracy theory goes we trade Ingram and Lonzo (and other pieces) for Anthony Davis, we pick up KD in FA, and now we need a PG so we'll re-sign Rondo at the min because we paid 9 million for him this year (his salary was only 3 mil last year).

Obviously I'd trade anyone on our team for AD but I'd really want to keep Lonzo. He's the perfect piece to surround with talent and will defend and get everyone around him open looks constantly.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
drae wrote:
levon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Obviously I'd trade anyone on our team for AD but I'd really want to keep Lonzo. He's the perfect piece to surround with talent and will defend and get everyone around him open looks constantly.

Pelinka knows how to play the game. Would not be surprised at all if that is what the move was.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
trablos wrote:
drae wrote:
levon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Pelinka knows how to play the game. Would not be surprised at all if that is what the move was.

If Do is happy, I’m sure he’d come back on a vet minimum.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
2019 wrote:
trablos wrote:
drae wrote:
levon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'd rather keep Zo as well.
But he makes too much to keep LeBron, AD and KD right?
Getting rondo for vet min would be awesome too.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/a2wphj/moreno_like_phil_jackson_did_with_him_when_he_was/

Luke finally got a real assistant coach guys!
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

This team is terrible on the offensive side of the court. I think it might be the worst offense I have ever seen ran in the NBA in my 35 years of watching the Lakers. Beyond the occasional out of the timeout setup play, this team runs no plays. Every possession (besides the ones quickly made in transition) is always one player asking for a pick from one of the other four players. Everyone stands around and watches. There is nonexistent off-ball movement. All I see is spacing, and even that is sometimes comical as I witness players running into each other or moving so far out of the way for the one-on-one of LeBron or Ingram that they stack up on top of each other.

I blame Luke for not having better assistant coaches that can institute a semblance of an offensive scheme. A successful coach in today's NBA requires two things. (1) The most important thing is connecting with the players. Luke is one of the best at this. (2) X's and O's. Luke is showing himself the worst in the NBA at this. But that is okay. Just surround yourself with smart people and then all you need is point #1. That's the way Phil Jackson did it. He had Tex Winter. Unfortunately, Luke is not doing that and we are left with this pathetic offense.

This will be exposed when we play the top teams in the playoffs, unless something changes over the course of the rest of the season. We are vastly inferior because we are winning games simply because we are talented. Imagine just how good we would be if we ran an actual offense!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
2019 wrote:
trablos wrote:
drae wrote:
levon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Wouldn't mind a 2/$6M deal. If they really had an agreement then that'd equate to a 3/$15M deal when you add this year, which would make this year's contract seem much more appropriate.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
This team is terrible on the offensive side of the court. I think it might be the worst offense I have ever seen ran in the NBA in my 35 years of watching the Lakers. Beyond the occasional out of the timeout setup play, this team runs no plays. Every possession (besides the ones quickly made in transition) is always one player asking for a pick from one of the other four players. Everyone stands around and watches. There is nonexistent off-ball movement. All I see is spacing, and even that is sometimes comical as I witness players running into each other or moving so far out of the way for the one-on-one of LeBron or Ingram that they stack up on top of each other.

I blame Luke for not having better assistant coaches that can institute a semblance of an offensive scheme. A successful coach in today's NBA requires two things. (1) The most important thing is connecting with the players. Luke is one of the best at this. (2) X's and O's. Luke is showing himself the worst in the NBA at this. But that is okay. Just surround yourself with smart people and then all you need is point #1. That's the way Phil Jackson did it. He had Tex Winter. Unfortunately, Luke is not doing that and we are left with this pathetic offense.

This will be exposed when we play the top teams in the playoffs, unless something changes over the course of the rest of the season. We are vastly inferior because we are winning games simply because we are talented. Imagine just how good we would be if we ran an actual offense!

Exactly. Too bad more posters on this site to not see this. I wonder why the FO does not see this, or if they do, why they don't fix it. Luke will never be good at point #2, never. He doesn't have the smarts, and neither the desire to become a student of the game; otherwise, he would have improved by now. I guess there are not that many McVays out there.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:

Preach! I have seen street ball players run better plays!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Great posts!
Hope Luke takes us to the playoffs.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

Exactly. Too bad more posters on this site to not see this. I wonder why the FO does not see this, or if they do, why they don't fix it. Luke will never be good at point #2, never. He doesn't have the smarts, and neither the desire to become a student of the game; otherwise, he would have improved by now. I guess there are not that many McVays out there.

My goodness!!??

And how do you know that?? By watching the games with your drinking buddies? With your vast knowledge of IQ evaluation?

Let the man coach and talk all you want at the end of the year.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Luke has done a good job. We’re 5th in the west and 2 games behind the first seed after about 20 games only, with LeBron play in such easier way, 3 young players start and most are new to the team to play together, it’s a really good result indeed. They start to work well on both ends of the court now. Amazing!
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

Credit to Luke for the defensive uptick. Putting Guys in the right areas to perform
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Credit to Luke for the defensive uptick. Putting Guys in the right areas to perform

Agreed.

I still would prefer KCP or Hart in the starting lineup and Kuz off the bench, but whatever as long as Hart gets 25 plus minutes each game.

And while I wasn't fond of some of his lineups or the fact that he was experimenting when the games count instead of experimenting in the preseason...he's made some excellent adjustments.

1. Using Zo as a screener.
2. Putting Kuz on the Defensive Perimeter.
3. Switching for the situation rather than as a rule and having his perimeter defenders now fight over screens.

I thought he was going to be an offensive wiz, but he's really a defensive HC that likes to run. Our break looks excellent, our D is looking excellent, and now we just need to improve our offensive sets...something having a couple of guys hitting their 3's would help.

The one thing I'd really like to see him do is be adamant on our perimeter players like Zo having their feet set properly and hands ready behind the line to receive the pass so they can just pull the trigger.

Kuz and KCP are the only 2 I see doing this consistently. Zo is the worst at it and Hart isn't a whole lot better.

#BannersOverBillboards
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

Agree with both of you
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

The turnovers are rage inducing. But I'm chalking it up to Rondo's absence.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
PauPau wrote:

Agreed.

I still would prefer KCP or Hart in the starting lineup and Kuz off the bench, but whatever as long as Hart gets 25 plus minutes each game.

And while I wasn't fond of some of his lineups or the fact that he was experimenting when the games count instead of experimenting in the preseason...he's made some excellent adjustments.

1. Using Zo as a screener.
2. Putting Kuz on the Defensive Perimeter.
3. Switching for the situation rather than as a rule and having his perimeter defenders now fight over screens.

I thought he was going to be an offensive wiz, but he's really a defensive HC that likes to run. Our break looks excellent, our D is looking excellent, and now we just need to improve our offensive sets...something having a couple of guys hitting their 3's would help.

The one thing I'd really like to see him do is be adamant on our perimeter players like Zo having their feet set properly and hands ready behind the line to receive the pass so they can just pull the trigger.

Kuz and KCP are the only 2 I see doing this consistently. Zo is the worst at it and Hart isn't a whole lot better.

Agree with both of you
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Guys, hopefully Luke goes to the #1 lineup due to BIs injury in the 2nd half.
We had a glimpse of it, but bad reffing put Kuz and Hart in foul trouble.

Lonzo
Kuzma
Lebron
Hart
McGee
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Lonzo
Kuzma
Lebron
Hart
McGee

Yes!!!

Welp that didn't last long.
C'mon Josh
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Ok I am not watching anymore games until Luke is fires.

It’s frustrating to watch when the coach is a complete idiot.
And Popvich is simply owning him.

This is almost as frustrating watching Derek Fisher late in his career, when he was getting light up by every scrub point guard every night.
And made Kobe expend energy down the stretch to guard them.
And when Derek Fisher choose to try to make a layup.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Ok I am not watching anymore games until Luke is fires.

It’s frustrating to watch when the coach is a complete idiot.
And Popvich is simply owning him.

This is almost as frustrating watching Derek Fisher late in his career, when he was getting light up by every scrub point guard every night.
And made Kobe expend energy down the stretch to guard them.
And when Derek Fisher choose to try to make a layup.

Aw. Too bad. Good game right now.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I think if we don't play Svi a whole quarter, we should be alright on Friday
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:

Lonzo
Kuzma
Lebron
Hart
McGee

Yes!!!

Welp that didn't last long.
C'mon Josh

My 2nd favorite lineup:

Lonzo
Kuzma
Lebron
Hart
Tyson

Might have just become my favorite. It's so funny.
Kuz is the 2 and Hart is the 4.
+36.9 freaking net rating at only 24 mins though.

More of these 2 lineups please, coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 645, 646, 647 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 646 of 818
Jump to: