OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1371, 1372, 1373 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Christopher Walken wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lonzo is the kind of guy where if youve played basketball you really appreciate his skills. He doesnt need to dribble for 15 seconds and get two different screens to make something happen. If you are open chances are he will find you. And he is always making passes that will try and take advantage of mismatches off the rebound in transition. It sounds arrogant but if you cant see how special Zo is i dont know what to tell you. I said it before, if he can average 15 points a game this dude is gonna be an all star for a long time.

When your teammate airballs multiple shots in the same game it deflates the whole team, there's no getting around that and if you've played basketball you'd appreciate that.

It doesn't deflate the whole team and the ones who do get deflated are mentally weak and should probably practice cross country skiing.

So I take it you've never played basketball?
Watch the reactions of his teammates, listen to the crowd, the commentators when he goes on clank but specifically airball expedition.
Teammates feed on each others' energy; synergy.
When a team is shooting over 45% in a game behind the ark the players are in rhythm, the team is in rhythm regardless of who takes the shot.
If you'd played basketball before, you'd know that.

I'm too short to play basketball but I grew up in a less than ideal home situation or neighborhood and you learn to not sweat the small stuff- we just have different opinions of what "deflated" means. I don't have to play hoops to have my opinion on that word right?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lonzo is the kind of guy where if youve played basketball you really appreciate his skills. He doesnt need to dribble for 15 seconds and get two different screens to make something happen. If you are open chances are he will find you. And he is always making passes that will try and take advantage of mismatches off the rebound in transition. It sounds arrogant but if you cant see how special Zo is i dont know what to tell you. I said it before, if he can average 15 points a game this dude is gonna be an all star for a long time.

When your teammate airballs multiple shots in the same game it deflates the whole team, there's no getting around that and if you've played basketball you'd appreciate that.

It doesn't deflate the whole team and the ones who do get deflated are mentally weak and should probably practice cross country skiing.

Watch the reactions of his teammates, listen to the crowd, the commentators when he goes on clank but specifically airball expedition.
When a team is shooting over 45% in a game behind the ark the players are in rhythm, the team is in rhythm regardless of who takes the shot.

This is nonsense.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Yes, that thing that happens once in every 500 offensive possessions or so really is a dealbreaker.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

This is nonsense.

Im I supposed to reply reasonably to a nonsense post?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Mr.GasolGasol is making me chuckle.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
https://media.giphy.com/media/kKLlJrPHjeR4Y9P82s/giphy.gif

Due to the time zone difference, I was in bed by that point. The single most impressive pass I saw was the inbound pass to Lebron under the basket. Lebron still had some work to do, but the touch on the pass was very good.
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Due to the time zone difference, I was in bed by that point. The single most impressive pass I saw was the inbound pass to Lebron under the basket. Lebron still had some work to do, but the touch on the pass was very good.

Lonzo is very good getting assists on inbound passes under our basket.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

LOL.
I was going to make a joke that you were going on bathroom breaks when Lonzo makes a pass. But this is even greater.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:

You're supposed to reply with data that backs up your assertions. I'm sure with a little digging you can find the statistical signal of this so-called deflationary effect.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

This is nonsense.

No, but you weren't responding to your own post.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

So you admit that you don't watch most of the game but are still adamant with your opinions of Lonzo
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

So you admit that you don't watch most of the game but are still adamant with your opinions of Lonzo

But everybody on here just sees what they want to see
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
PauPau wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

This is nonsense.

No, but you weren't responding to your own post.

I'll get right on that.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I usually miss most of the fourth quarter of west coast night games. Unless you are telling me that Ball’s play in the first three plus quarters doesn’t matter, you’re falling into the trap of responding to the poster and not the post.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I like Lonzo's humility, he really does seem to be a pretty team oriented guy....he doesn't seem to even desire the attention.

He does a lot of little things that are conducive to winning games.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I usually miss most of the fourth quarter of west coast night games. Unless you are telling me that Ball’s play in the first three plus quarters doesn’t matter, you’re falling into the trap of responding to the poster and not the post.

Yes, actually the fourth is when Zo turns up the intensity on both ends. You have been exposed as not even watching the most important part of the game you’re opinions on this squad are invalid in my book
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

That’s ridiculous. It might be deflating if he was jacking up shots like a pure vortex Westbrook while air balling them, but air balling one or two of his 6-10 shots per game has no bearing on a team’s energy, especially when he’s igniting fast breaks or stealing the ball from the opposing team with his passing and defensive skills.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

My favorite Laker since Kobe. Lonzo is going to be a Laker legend.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Yes, actually the fourth is when Zo turns up the intensity on both ends. You have been exposed as not even watching the most important part of the game you’re opinions on this squad are invalid in my book

Per NBA.com:

First quarter: 8.2 mpg, 2.2 ppg, 31.9/18.8% (1.3 per game), 2.0 rpg, 1.7 apg, 0.5 spg

Second quarter: 6.6 mpg, 2.5 ppg, 48.9%/45.8% (1.0 per game), 1.1 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.2 spg

Third quarter: 7.7 mpg, 2.2 ppg, 37.0%/28.0% (1.0 per game), 1.3 rpg, 1.2 apg, 0.5 spg

Fourth quarter: 6.2 mpg, 1.6 ppg, 47.8%/50.0% (0.7 per game), 1.1 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.2 spg

It's interesting that his three point shooting is better in the second and fourth quarters and just awful in the first quarter. It would be nice if he could become more consistent. But we aren't talking about shooting.

Adjusting for minutes played, the stats don't bear out the argument that I'm missing something magical when I got to bed during the fourth quarter of west coast night games. His second quarter stats are better than his fourth quarter stats.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Airball is the only part of basketball????
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
That’s ridiculous. It might be deflating if he was jacking up shots like a pure vortex Westbrook while air balling them, but air balling one or two of his 6-10 shots per game has no bearing on a team’s energy, especially when he’s igniting fast breaks or stealing the ball from the opposing team with his passing and defensive skills.

Yes, I've seen no signs that Ball's occasional air ball has any effect on the team. What affects a team is when someone keeps taking bad shots, which gets other players frustrated. Ball definitely does not do that. If anything, it seems like the other players encourage Ball to shoot.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

You want to see the guy that a lot of people think Lonzo really is, but he actually isn't? Frank Ntilikina got his second straight DNP tonight.

As an aside, free Frankie Ntilikina!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Per NBA.com:

First quarter: 8.2 mpg, 2.2 ppg, 31.9/18.8% (1.3 per game), 2.0 rpg, 1.7 apg, 0.5 spg

Second quarter: 6.6 mpg, 2.5 ppg, 48.9%/45.8% (1.0 per game), 1.1 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.2 spg

Third quarter: 7.7 mpg, 2.2 ppg, 37.0%/28.0% (1.0 per game), 1.3 rpg, 1.2 apg, 0.5 spg

Fourth quarter: 6.2 mpg, 1.6 ppg, 47.8%/50.0% (0.7 per game), 1.1 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.2 spg

It's interesting that his three point shooting is better in the second and fourth quarters and just awful in the first quarter. It would be nice if he could become more consistent. But we aren't talking about shooting.

Adjusting for minutes played, the stats don't bear out the argument that I'm missing something magical when I got to bed during the fourth quarter of west coast night games. His second quarter stats are better than his fourth quarter stats.

Great example of when using stats goes wrong. If you actually WATCHED the full games then you would start to understand what 90% of the rest of us see in Lonzo.

Why even watch the 1st three quarters, just look up the stats afterwards.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

It was the OP that riled me honestly.
So I applied Hitchens Razor not expertly but it was applicable...even warranted.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

It was the OP that riled me honestly.
So I applied Hitchens Razor not expertly but it was applicable...even warranted.

More like Gilette's razor.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1371, 1372, 1373 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1372 of 1688
Jump to: