OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1472, 1473, 1474 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Postgame: LeBron James (12/5/18)
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Great One wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Great One wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
He was starting to gel with Lebron offensively.

Agreed, BI is the only playing with any sorts of consistency

Sucks that Kuz, Lonzo, and Ball have been struggling but they all are only second year players unlike BI.

Ingram seems to finally understand how to produce on a consistent level which makes him valuable and a reliable second option.

I think Kuz/Lonzo/Hart have adapted to LBJ more fluidly than BI b/c those guys seem to finish shots rather than want to create it like BI does.

Kuz, Lonzo, and Hart biggest problem is the inability to be consistent in making their shots. They have made up for it in other aspects, but consistency is their biggest draw back.

Lonzo yes. But if you watch Kuz/Hart they usually make quicker decisions.

BI has fashioned his game more on the "beginning" end of a play where he brings the ball up and wants to set up a play. Less effective it seems (except some decisive drives to the rim) where he's called to finish a shot (via 3 or quick shot).

you're talking about a 21 year player who is showing the ability isolate and create plays.

i have to disagree you with it being "less effective" because he is money when he pulls up from the free throw line and around the rim. His biggest problem is playing against contact, but will obviously remedy over time.

BI game is a perfect fit next to bron because it allows bron play off the ball. When Bron has the ball in his hands he needs to rely on Kuz, hart, and Ball to make their shots, as it was evident on yesterdays games. The won the game because Kuz, Ball and Hart all hit key big 3s.

That will need to happen on a consistent basis if the Lakers wish to succeed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
you're talking about a 21 year player who is showing the ability isolate and create plays.

i have to disagree you with it being "less effective" because he is money when he pulls up from the free throw line and around the rim. His biggest problem is playing against contact, but will obviously remedy over time.

BI game is a perfect fit next to bron because it allows bron play off the ball. When Bron has the ball in his hands he needs to rely on Kuz, hart, and Ball to make their shots, as it was evident on yesterdays games. The won the game because Kuz, Ball and Hart all hit key big 3s.

That will need to happen on a consistent basis if the Lakers wish to succeed.

He will need to improve upon his shot selection as he is taking the least efficient shot in the NBA (contested mid-rangers) on a high volume.

It's no secret BI seems to work better when LBJ is off the floor, which shows he's not really comfortable co-existing yet with a person who runs point forward.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

IMO right now, BI can be a really effective player as he works on being a lock down defender. He needs to be more comfortable with the NBA 3 as he has a good % but such few attempts per game. Work up to improve on the things that don't require him to have the ball in his hands as much, such as defense. Love his effort on that end.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I know his on/off numbers are better without Lebron, I'd love to here a playtype explanation as to why. Overall, he's not good in isos or pick and rolls. I'm not sure what impact Lebron being on the court has to do with either of those.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Per Trudell, Ingram will miss the back 2 back games and will have a precautionary MRI today.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I know his on/off numbers are better without Lebron, I'd love to here a playtype explanation as to why. Overall, he's not good in isos or pick and rolls. I'm not sure what impact Lebron being on the court has to do with either of those.

BI need the ball to be more effective. Some players are just like that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

With LBJ here and possibly another high usage max wing FA, he has to adapt or man, it's going to be a rougher go for him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Per Trudell, Ingram will miss the back 2 back games and will have a precautionary MRI today.

Just to clarify, what I had read was that it would be AT LEAST those 2 games.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell
‏@LakersReporter

Brandon Ingram (sprained left ankle) is not on the trip with the Lakers. He’s staying in L.A., and will miss Friday’s game at San Antonio and Saturday’s at Memphis. He’s scheduled for a precautionary MRI on Thursday evening.

So that's at least 2 games out for BI
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

His defense is going to be sorely missed. We have no one that can guard wings as effectively as he does. Really big set back for BI and the team. He was just starting to find his spots and rhythm.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Yea, would love to see the playtypes and explanation as well.

Top 9 2-man lineups with BI:

MIN.. OFFRTG.. DEFRTG.. NETRTG.. TEAMMATE
203.. 111.3...... 097.8...... 13.4...... J. Hart
029.. 118.2...... 104.8...... 13.4...... S. Mykhailiuk
171.. 100.8...... 091.3...... 09.5...... T. Chandler
129.. 116.3...... 108.1...... 08.2...... R. Rondo
438.. 106.8...... 103.5...... 03.3...... K. Kuzma
032.. 105.9...... 102.9...... 02.9...... M. Beasley
355.. 104.5...... 102.3...... 02.2...... L. Ball
187.. 102.8...... 101.7...... 01.2...... K. Caldwell-Pope
494.. 104.2...... 103.7...... 00.5...... L. James
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

I don't think there's a way you can look this up, but I'd imagine there's a pretty staggering difference between his efficiency on ISOs & PnRs with the starters vs. when he's on the court with and against second units. He's been very good on those in those situations.

Curious to see how many of those minutes he gets when Rondo comes back.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Just to clarify, what I had read was that it would be AT LEAST those 2 games.

Not sure but I read it as he’s out for the next 2 games and this precautionary MRI will confirm rather he’s day to day or he’s out for a few games.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

BI is gonna be out for 3 weeks with the way we run things lol
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Great One wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
He was starting to gel with Lebron offensively.

Agreed, BI is the only playing with any sorts of consistency

Sucks that Kuz, Lonzo, and Ball have been struggling but they all are only second year players unlike BI.

Ingram seems to finally understand how to produce on a consistent level which makes him valuable and a reliable second option.

I think Kuz/Lonzo/Hart have adapted to LBJ more fluidly than BI b/c those guys seem to finish shots rather than want to create it like BI does.

Lonzo hasn’t really looked fluid with Lebron, they just started developing some semblance of chemistry since Rondo went down and they started using him as the screener. His numbers are down across the board from his rookie year except for his shooting efficiency which isn’t great at 48% TS.

The advantage of Rondo going down is Zo gets more reps with Lebron and is now starting to figure things out on the offensive end, still has long ways to go but he’s getting there for sure.

Kuz and Hart spent four years in college, I’m not too worried about those guys. They’ll get in where they fit in.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I don't think there's a way you can look this up, but I'd imagine there's a pretty staggering difference between his efficiency on ISOs & PnRs with the starters vs. when he's on the court with and against second units. He's been very good on those in those situations.

So he's beating up on bench players. It may have little to do with his fit with Lebron at all.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

So he's beating up on bench players. It may have little to do with his fit with Lebron at all.

Could be that he's feasting against second units AND that he's not playing as well in a role where he doesn't have the ball as much AND that he's not as good against starters.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Could be that he's feasting against second units AND that he's not playing as well in a role where he doesn't have the ball as much AND that he's not as good against starters.

Sooo....he should be coming off the bench is basically what I’m hearing here.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I don’t know the answer to this, but does anyone truly have a “first” and “second” unit anymore? Most teams I have seen us play, usually have at least one starter on the floor at all times.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Every onlooker loves that end-game lineup we saw last night..BI can still get 30mpg...but yes everyone would be best w him coming off the bench ..
..except maybe his trade value
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Every onlooker loves that end-game lineup we saw last night..BI can still get 30mpg...but yes everyone would be best w him coming off the bench ..
..except maybe his trade value

I’ve advocated for him off the bench in the past, but why not just split his mins with Lebron?

I mean, even though he might be better off the bench, he does need to learn to play with Lebron
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Whether he starts or not (who really cares?), BI is liable to be close to the lead in minutes played on this team. We need his defense and ability to generate offense.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Whether he starts or not (who really cares?), BI is liable to be close to the lead in minutes played on this team. We need his defense and ability to generate offense.

I care. And he needs to be close to the lead in minutes but mostly for developmental and political reasons. Our best lineup doesn’t include him.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I care. And he needs to be close to the lead in minutes but mostly for developmental and political reasons. Our best lineup doesn’t include him.

OK, I'll bite. Political reasons?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1472, 1473, 1474 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1473 of 1885
Jump to: