OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1473, 1474, 1475 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I don't like his fit in the starting 5. He's just a very hard fit, period, and I don't think he has the offensive arsenal that warrants as many touches as he's gotten. He's just not that efficient.

But he'll likely continue starting when he gets back...
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
I don't like his fit in the starting 5. He's just a very hard fit, period, and I don't think he has the offensive arsenal that warrants as many touches as he's gotten. He's just not that efficient.

Yep best believe he will start when he comes back. The team goal is to win.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell
‏@LakersReporter

Brandon Ingram (sprained left ankle) is not on the trip with the Lakers. He’s staying in L.A., and will miss Friday’s game at San Antonio and Saturday’s at Memphis. He’s scheduled for a precautionary MRI on Thursday evening.

So that's at least 2 games out for BI

Sucks, I was hoping to catch Easter time games with the full squad. Get back soon BI. You will be missed
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
I know his on/off numbers are better without Lebron, I'd love to here a playtype explanation as to why. Overall, he's not good in isos or pick and rolls. I'm not sure what impact Lebron being on the court has to do with either of those.

BI need the ball to be more effective. Some players are just like that.

With LBJ here and possibly another high usage max wing FA, he has to adapt or man, it's going to be a rougher go for him.

I think the realistic outlook for Brandon is that he needs to flourish into the clear cut # 2 or 3 option on this team or he'll eventually be moved in a deal to bring back a player that fits the team chemistry better. The problem with this is mostly about timing. BI needs a couple more years of experience and also needs to finish growing into his man-body which will hopefully improve his ability to absorb contact. But, LBJ joining the team has essentially forced everything into a schedule that doesn't allow much time for that.

My best guess is that the FO will continue to give him strong minutes regardless of whether or not the chemistry improves. Even if they decide to move on, they'll eventually need to showcase him for trade value. I think he'll end up being a pretty solid player overall, potentially a very good player. But, I have doubts that it happens for him in LA.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Whether he starts or not (who really cares?), BI is liable to be close to the lead in minutes played on this team. We need his defense and ability to generate offense.

I care. And he needs to be close to the lead in minutes but mostly for developmental and political reasons. Our best lineup doesn’t include him.

OK, I'll bite. Political reasons?

Maintain trade value around the league.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

If all decisions were based strictly on winning right now, he wouldn’t be starting IMO.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
mookielala wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Whether he starts or not (who really cares?), BI is liable to be close to the lead in minutes played on this team. We need his defense and ability to generate offense.

I care. And he needs to be close to the lead in minutes but mostly for developmental and political reasons. Our best lineup doesn’t include him.

Hypothetically speaking, if Ingram comes back and he does so coming off the bench, what would happen to his trade value if he excels at it? Like say, averages 20+ points at it?

I know, possibly extreme hypothetical but is it better trade value if he were to do this as a 6th man, or average 15 points as a starter?
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
la4win wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

If all decisions were based strictly on winning right now, he wouldn’t be starting IMO.

7-3 last 10 games sounds good to me
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
mookielala wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Hypothetically speaking, if Ingram comes back and he does so coming off the bench, what would happen to his trade value if he excels at it? Like say, averages 20+ points at it?

I know, possibly extreme hypothetical but is it better trade value if he were to do this as a 6th man, or average 15 points as a starter?

Wherever he plays best would lead to highest trade value. I’m advocating for him to play big minutes off the bench not to start. I think he’ll look better overall off the bench.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
la4win wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

7-3 last 10 games sounds good to me

Me too.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Every onlooker loves that end-game lineup we saw last night..BI can still get 30mpg...but yes everyone would be best w him coming off the bench ..
..except maybe his trade value

I’ve advocated for him off the bench in the past, but why not just split his mins with Lebron?

I mean, even though he might be better off the bench, he does need to learn to play with Lebron

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ESPN has Ingram’s diagnosis being day-to-day maybe they know about his Precautionary MRI.

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=401071056
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Every onlooker loves that end-game lineup we saw last night..BI can still get 30mpg...but yes everyone would be best w him coming off the bench ..
..except maybe his trade value

I’ve advocated for him off the bench in the past, but why not just split his mins with Lebron?

I mean, even though he might be better off the bench, he does need to learn to play with Lebron

Wat
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ESPN has Ingram’s diagnosis being day-to-day maybe they know about his Precautionary MRI.

It’s day to day because there is no timetable for his return. It might as well say “no one knows”.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s day to day because there is no timetable for his return. It might as well say “no one knows”.

oh man, that sounds familiar
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Jeez, wish there was some information on his ankle Worried he'll be out for the next 5 games or something.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

You guys can cry about this entire season, they'd trade Ingram before they'd bench him.

Hopefully that doesn't ruin your guys Laker experience too much but he's coming back to his starting role.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Unleash the Bonga!
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

BI will not be coming off the bench y’all.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

We need his defense on elite wings.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
la4win wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

I disagree. Maybe he should be coming off the bench on a championship team? Not really sure about this team. The best players are still too young. Ingram is for sure a top five player on this team imo. I still have Brandon better then Lonzo and Kuz, but maybe that is just me?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
We need his defense on elite wings.

Let the rockets be a good example of what happens when you don’t have good defending wings. Lakers are going to miss Ingram.

Ball and Ingram are key to being good on defense for this team.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
la4win wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

I disagree. Maybe he should be coming off the bench on a championship team? Not really sure about this team. The best players are still too young. Ingram is for sure a top five player on this team imo. I still have Brandon better then Lonzo and Kuz, but maybe that is just me?

What I find funny is when this team becomes a championship team, let’s say we sign a wing like Durant. Kuzma is playing in Durant’s spot, so Kuzma would be the one sent back to the bench lol

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
la4win wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

What I find funny is when this team becomes a championship team, let’s say we sign a wing like Durant. Kuzma is playing in Durant’s spot, so Kuzma would be the one sent back to the bench lol

Running a lineup of Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Durant/Lebron for certain stretches is really (bleep) exciting to think about though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
la4win wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

Running a lineup of Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Durant/Lebron for certain stretches is really (bleep) exciting to think about though.

In theory.
We had that dream this year for Bron.
Don't think he's played much center... Yet.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1473, 1474, 1475 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1474 of 1885
Jump to: