OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1372, 1373, 1374 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Christopher Walken wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lonzo is the kind of guy where if youve played basketball you really appreciate his skills. He doesnt need to dribble for 15 seconds and get two different screens to make something happen. If you are open chances are he will find you. And he is always making passes that will try and take advantage of mismatches off the rebound in transition. It sounds arrogant but if you cant see how special Zo is i dont know what to tell you. I said it before, if he can average 15 points a game this dude is gonna be an all star for a long time.

When your teammate airballs multiple shots in the same game it deflates the whole team, there's no getting around that and if you've played basketball you'd appreciate that.

It doesn't deflate the whole team and the ones who do get deflated are mentally weak and should probably practice cross country skiing.

So I take it you've never played basketball?
Watch the reactions of his teammates, listen to the crowd, the commentators when he goes on clank but specifically airball expedition.
Teammates feed on each others' energy; synergy.
When a team is shooting over 45% in a game behind the ark the players are in rhythm, the team is in rhythm regardless of who takes the shot.
If you'd played basketball before, you'd know that.

What NBA team shoots 45% from three behind the arc? And why do you need to exaggerate as if Lonzo airballs every game or something?

What level of basketball did you play, Pee Wee league? Yeah, children can get pretty excited about made baskets because they don't understand the finer points of the game yet, such as rebounding, defense, ball movement, etc. Many of us have played basketball, but obviously not at the highest level. That is why we're here posting and not in the NBA like Lonzo.

I would guess, if anybody on LG played ball, High School basketball is probably the highest level of organize ball they went. I'm sure there are a few college players, but the majority would be high school. And if you have even played at that level, you'd appreciate a teammate like Lonzo. You'd know that!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
You want to see the guy that a lot of people think Lonzo really is, but he actually isn't? Frank Ntilikina got his second straight DNP tonight.

As an aside, free Frankie Ntilikina!

Ingram for Ntilikina and a first
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lonzo is the kind of guy where if youve played basketball you really appreciate his skills. He doesnt need to dribble for 15 seconds and get two different screens to make something happen. If you are open chances are he will find you. And he is always making passes that will try and take advantage of mismatches off the rebound in transition. It sounds arrogant but if you cant see how special Zo is i dont know what to tell you. I said it before, if he can average 15 points a game this dude is gonna be an all star for a long time.

When your teammate airballs multiple shots in the same game it deflates the whole team, there's no getting around that and if you've played basketball you'd appreciate that.

It doesn't deflate the whole team and the ones who do get deflated are mentally weak and should probably practice cross country skiing.

Watch the reactions of his teammates, listen to the crowd, the commentators when he goes on clank but specifically airball expedition.
When a team is shooting over 45% in a game behind the ark the players are in rhythm, the team is in rhythm regardless of who takes the shot.

What NBA team shoots 45% from three behind the arc? And why do you need to exaggerate as if Lonzo airballs every game or something?

What level of basketball did you play, Pee Wee league? Yeah, children can get pretty excited about made baskets because they don't understand the finer points of the game yet, such as rebounding, defense, ball movement, etc. Many of us have played basketball, but obviously not at the highest level. That is why we're here posting and not in the NBA like Lonzo.

I would guess, if anybody on LG played ball, High School basketball is probably the highest level of organize ball they went. I'm sure there are a few college players, but the majority would be high school. And if you have even played at that level, you'd appreciate a teammate like Lonzo. You'd know that!

1. Nowhere did I claim a team has shot 45% for a season.
2. I earned a salary playing basketball, nowhere near nba level though.
3. I have never claimed Zo is talentless, quite the opposite actually.

Again, it was the self admitted arrogance of the claim, so I replied in kind.
Why do I need to exaggerate? Because the claim itself is an exaggeration. And if my diatribe in response to the claim is nonsense, how then can that claim be sensible?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject:

Take a look at last year. Once Zo figured things out, he started to play really well in late Dec/Jan. In fact, there were many games he was the BEST player on the court. He obviously got hurt a lot last season and was hurt this off season. He is starting to get his legs back and round into form. I am expecting him step up his game as you can almost feel its about to happen. This kid is going to start scoring double figures with regularity and start regaining his confidence and swag on the court. His D has already won us some games. His O will change the entire dynamic of our team.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

Why do I need to exaggerate? Because the claim itself is an exaggeration. And if my diatribe in response to the claim is nonsense, how then can that claim be sensible?
What claim is an exaggeration and nonsense?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

Really can’t ask more for a second year player. He plays excellent defense and make great passes without dominating the ball to make an impact. Hope he can improve further in setting up offense while both Rando and Ingram are out for a while.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

I know what you're talking about regarding the deflation when he misses a wide open shot and I've wondered what the true correlation really is. There is a definite letdown when the ball swings to a wide open Lonzo, or any Laker for that matter, and the result is a miss.

It certainly seems that momentum is a real thing at times, like the fourth quarter of last game where the Lakers were literally pulling up from anywhere on the floor and making every shot. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no statistical correlation that players shoot better when their team is already hot. It would be an interesting study.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

Nobody likes misses (especially an airball when someone is working hard down low to get in position for a rebound). Guess what, everyone shoots airballs. Zo is good for an occasional one no doubt. I find it ironic that someone is downplaying Ball's game because of the airballs and specifically highlights the negative impact on teammates energy and synergy. ZO has completely turned around a couple of games with his defensive tenacity and his play clearly has had a positive impact on his teammates energy and synergy. In fact, I don't think there is ANY doubt that ZO's game has a far greater positive impact on his teammates energy and synergy (rebounding, passing, D) than a negative impact (airballs).
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
PauPau wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

I'm too short to play basketball but I grew up in a less than ideal home situation or neighborhood and you learn to not sweat the small stuff- we just have different opinions of what "deflated" means. I don't have to play hoops to have my opinion on that word right?

mugsy says hello, boykins says whats up, nate robinson.... lol
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Great example of when using stats goes wrong. If you actually WATCHED the full games then you would start to understand what 90% of the rest of us see in Lonzo.

Why even watch the 1st three quarters, just look up the stats afterwards.

Gotcha. Ball is really great when no one's watching.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

Lonzo earns #1 ranking on Shaqtin a Fool for Dec 6th show. (Lance was on it too).

It was the wide open layup from 3-4 feet that he dished off to Tyson for a turnover lol. They said he took the meaning of pass first point guard too far. LOL.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
You want to see the guy that a lot of people think Lonzo really is, but he actually isn't? Frank Ntilikina got his second straight DNP tonight.

As an aside, free Frankie Ntilikina!

Ingram for Ntilikina and a first

Zion!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo earns #1 ranking on Shaqtin a Fool for Dec 6th show. (Lance was on it too).

It was the wide open layup from 3-4 feet that he dished off to Tyson for a turnover lol. They said he took the meaning of pass first point guard too far. LOL.

Yep. Big no no.
He looked at the rim right after like... I was right here.
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

The only time I can really see a teammates shots being deflating is when they constantly take and miss bad shots. Lonzo is the opposite of that. I am sure everyone on the team knows that Lonzo is encouraged to be more aggressive. If anything they are frustrated when he doesn’t shoot. Besides, for a good portion of the year he was one of the better 3 point shooters.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Great example of when using stats goes wrong. If you actually WATCHED the full games then you would start to understand what 90% of the rest of us see in Lonzo.

I think what we all take away is that you don't see that Lonzo has elite passing, as you've stated. Which is fine. Oh and that sleep is important.

Last edited by epak on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Someone needs to ask for a DVR when sitting on Santa's lap.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Loved seeing Lonzo get up and dunk the ball hard on that big. I don't recall seeing him dunk like that before although I knew he could given his athleticism. Great confidence booster, and I hope he goes hard to the rim more often (will open up the game for him a lot more).
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Loved seeing Lonzo get up and dunk the ball hard on that big. I don't recall seeing him dunk like that before although I knew he could given his athleticism. Great confidence booster, and I hope he goes hard to the rim more often (will open up the game for him a lot more).

That was fun to watch, he should do that more.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

I think what we all take away is that you don't see that Lonzo has elite passing, as you've stated. Which is fine. Oh and that sleep is important.

Tell me about it. Lebron James on the Lakers is killing my morning work productivity.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Tell me about it. Lebron James on the Lakers is killing my morning work productivity.

Just mornings? Good for you.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

That was hilarious. The best was the look on Bron's face after Lance did the 360 out of bound pass.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1071068356592070656

Little things we miss in a game.
BTW, I thought Unwritten was a random guy on twitter. But he's the video editor for LFR (GT). Cool cool. Makes sense, now.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

BTW, I thought Unwritten was a random guy on twitter. But he's the video editor for LFR (GT). Cool cool. Makes sense, now.

To answer Unwritten's question on the tweet, Zo was going to make that pass to LeBron without a doubt.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
epak wrote:

To answer Unwritten's question on the tweet, Zo was going to make that pass to LeBron without a doubt.

And there's a good chance he would have succeed doing it...
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Lol oh man that was bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1372, 1373, 1374 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1373 of 1688
Jump to: