NYPD Keeps woman chained to hospital bed during labor and only one arm to hold her newborn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: NYPD Keeps woman chained to hospital bed during labor and only one arm to hold her newborn

*In jail on misdemeanor*

Doctors told them the law and cop calls his sergeant tells him they write their own patrol guide
Doctors were only able to get her uncuffed during the birth and she was forced to hold her newborn
Child with one arm and breastfeed it.

If was my wife or girlfriend I'm not sure the law could provide me enough compensation

Heartless Maniacs

Quote:
Cops force pregnant woman to be shackled and handcuffed as she gave birth

Doctors repeatedly told the officers that shackling women in labour is illegal under New York law. Officers responded that the NYPD patrol guide stated otherwise.

https://news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/qvqenq/cops-force-pregnant-woman-to-be-shackled-and-handcuffed-as-she-gave-birth
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

When you see the following words in an article, you should take everything you read with a grain of salt:

Quote:
a new federal lawsuit charges
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

they shackle arms and legs for a misdemeanor?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
New York is one of 26 states that outlaws shackling women who are in labor (which means, shockingly, that 24 states do not outlaw it). The lawsuit cites the view held by top medical organizations, including the American Medical Association, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, as well as the Federal Bureau of Prisons, that shackling women during labour, delivery and postpartum recovery increases the potential for harm to the woman and baby, and can interfere with medical staff’s ability to assist in childbirth or sudden emergencies.

I think she has a case.

I post this LINK that shows the hands of Jane Doe. If the photo in this link is authentic I'm not surprised the woman appears to be Black. Jake Brigance Close your eyes, I'm gonna tell you a story.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

The NYPD lost a suit in 2015 for doing the same thing with another pregnant woman. Looks like somebody forgot to change the gangs patrol guide to reflect the new law (since clearly common sense and decency doesn't come naturally to some officers. Seriously, what kind of Orangutan has to be told that handcuffing a non-violent pregnant woman is barbaric? )
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: