OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1482, 1483, 1484 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

We just need BI to get healthy.
He's gonna be a stud with Rondo feeding him.
There's no 2nd unit in the league that can check him.
BI is gonna dominate!!!
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BI is gonna dominate!!!

So this doesn't count as trolling cause you're "being funny".

ok
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
BI is gonna dominate!!!

So this doesn't count as trolling cause you're "being funny".

ok

Shush!

Quote:
Mike Trudell
@LakersReporter

Brandon Ingram is L.A.’s best matchup for DeMar DeRozan (34 points tonight). Ingram has played a total of 5 minutes against them, missing 2 games due to suspension and the bulk of these most recent 2 with the sprained ankle.

Freaking Spurs are so lucky!
They can't beat us when BI plays at least a few minutes.
I hate the Spurs!

We needed his defense the 3 other games.

Last edited by epak on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
You don’t see us possibly signing a wing next year and having Ingram come off the bench? Def a possibility

It’s a possibility but I think Kuzma comes off the bench in that scenario cos BI is proving that he can play the 2 spot or any other position assigned to him including point. Kuzma hasn’t proven that yet, tho he’s our 2nd best scorer at this point.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
You don’t see us possibly signing a wing next year and having Ingram come off the bench? Def a possibility

It’s a possibility but I think Kuzma comes off the bench in that scenario cos BI is proving that he can play the 2 spot or any other position assigned to him including point. Kuzma hasn’t proven than yet, tho he’s our 2nd best scorer at this point.

I think if we get Kawhi, Kawhi can play the 2 and BI goes back to the 3, his natural and best spot imo. But then again freaking LeBron doesn't want to play the 4 is the word. LeBron shifting to the 4 would make things so much smoother imo.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

It’s a possibility but I think Kuzma comes off the bench in that scenario cos BI is proving that he can play the 2 spot or any other position assigned to him including point. Kuzma hasn’t proven that yet, tho he’s our 2nd best scorer at this point.

Kuz shooting 30.5% from 3 decreases his value to the team immensely. Ingram had him beat in most other areas anyways.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

It’s a possibility but I think Kuzma comes off the bench in that scenario cos BI is proving that he can play the 2 spot or any other position assigned to him including point. Kuzma hasn’t proven than yet, tho he’s our 2nd best scorer at this point.

I think if we get Kawhi, Kawhi can play the 2 and BI goes back to the 3, his natural and best spot imo. But then again freaking LeBron doesn't want to play the 4 is the word. LeBron shifting to the 4 would make things so much smoother imo.

Ingram can play the 4 at that point, granted he’s much stronger and more matured physically. I actually think his best position would be at the 4 once he gets stronger. His best position was at the 4 in college.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Last edited by Andre2K on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
epak wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ingram can play the 4 at that point, granted he’s much stronger and more matured physically. I actually think he’s best position would be at the 4 once he gets stronger. His best position was at the 4 in college.

Remains to be seen in terms of weight gain.
In college he can get away with being a 4.
Hopefully he does. That would be huge for us.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Edited when? And how many times?!

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
epak wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ingram can play the 4 at that point, granted he’s much stronger and more matured physically. I actually think he’s best position would be at the 4 once he gets stronger. His best position was at the 4 in college.

We shouldn't count on that till he proves it
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

He’s def a PF in his prime
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is barely as strong as most SG's in the league, I seriously doubt he'll ever be a PF. He's a long perimeter player.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I think Ingram going down last game made us more likely to win.
And Ingram's injury from last game, made us more likely to lose tonight.

Kuz and Zo embraced the extra touches on offense. But our defense against San Antonio tonight looked like the last time we played them without Ingram (and Rondo) early in the year.

It's a tradeoff. Ingram's two way game helps us win some games. Because he guards the Derozan's and still makes Demar work on D. But also some games, when he's awful from the field. We have slow starts. Fall behind in the 1st. And never recover.

The margin of error for this squad is razor thin. But I'll be happy when we have all our options back on the table. We'll win more games overall when Rondo and Ingram get healthy.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Kuz and Zo embraced the extra touches on offense. But our defense tonight against San Antonio looked like the when we played them without Ingram (and Rondo) early in the year.

It's a tradeoff. Ingram's two way game helps us win some games. Because he guards the Derozan's and still makes Demar work on D. But also some games, when he's awful from the field. We have slow starts. Fall behind in the 1st. And never recover.

The margin of error for this squad is razor thin.

Reasonable.

For the bolded, this is true for any team without a 2nd star which the Lakers are...good thing their 1st star is one of the best at bailing the team out and winning games in the 4th.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Kuz and Zo embraced the extra touches on offense. But our defense against San Antonio tonight looked like the last time we played them without Ingram (and Rondo) early in the year.

The margin of error for this squad is razor thin. But I'll be happy when we have all our options back on the table. We'll win more games overall when Rondo and Ingram get healthy.

If we used everyone right, we’d be a really good team... Mike put it right on Twitter, switch Kuz and Ingram’s roles when they play together. Kuz makes quicker decisions ISOing, gets a good rhythm.
Then, don’t be scared to play Zo over Rondo in the 4th...

It’s not that hard. An XO assistant coach would take us over the top, too.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:

If we used everyone right, we’d be a really good team... Mike put it right on Twitter, switch Kuz and Ingram’s roles when they play together. Kuz makes quicker decisions ISOing, gets a good rhythm.

I agree. I think Luke and the team was slowly coming around to that before the injury.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I think the cold hard truth is that it's player dependent and matchup dependent. Which leaves alot of room for coaching error.
Kuz and Hart are still young (in my book). So, of course, Lonzo and Ingram are too. They'll all be inconsistent. And against a team like ... GS. I could imagine Ingram messing with Durant defensively (like normal) and scoring well against Klay. As opposed to Kuzma going against an ex-DPOY in Draymond.

Reminds me of the 09 and 10 championships. George Karl (Denver's coach) said years later. He still has nightmares about Odom in the playoffs. Even though Kobe and Pau stole the NBA finals headlines against Orlando and Boston.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject:

I watched the replay few time of his injury. I think LMA did it on purpose. He is going under BI its easy to see it. He could stop if he wanted. Pop school at his best.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject:

Desperately needed his defense last night.
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject:

There's no doubt, he's a great cover for DeRozan.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I watched the replay few time of his injury. I think LMA did it on purpose. He is going under BI its easy to see it. He could stop if he wanted. Pop school at his best.

In the same game he tried to get Bron as well. The league should implement a rule that if a player is injured as a result of you stepping under them on a contest, you miss the same amount of games as the injured player, in addition to a fine.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

In the same game he tried to get Bron as well. The league should implement a rule that if a player is injured as a result of you stepping under them on a contest, you miss the same amount of games as the injured player, in addition to a fine.

I like this .. Or any type of intentional harm that causes injury. Beverley going after Westbrook’s knees multiple times for example. The (bleep) is a joke man. There should be zero tolerance for these things
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

I like the hell out of that idea. Maybe we’d stop seeing so much dirty hoops.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

Man Droz seems to kill us. Missed BI on him. Get better soon!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

Isnt it bad that they took mri on Thursday night and they don't have an update till Saturday morning?

Hope it's not
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1482, 1483, 1484 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1483 of 1885
Jump to: