**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I hate kickers, but its the semis and I need to make a decision. What do you guys think?

I have Michael Badgley going @ Chiefs tonight. I’m fearing Chiefs at home, cross country trip to cold weather, no run game for LAC.

So I am thinking dropping Badgley for Aldrick Rosas (vs TEN). Good idea or bad?

I picked up Maher and I'm starting him over Badgley for similar reasons as you state. It rained earlier today, the temperature is going to be in the high-30's, and maybe some wind too. If you can't find a domed kicker, Rosas is fine.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I hate kickers, but its the semis and I need to make a decision. What do you guys think?

I have Michael Badgley going @ Chiefs tonight. I’m fearing Chiefs at home, cross country trip to cold weather, no run game for LAC.

So I am thinking dropping Badgley for Aldrick Rosas (vs TEN). Good idea or bad?

I picked up Maher and I'm starting him over Badgley for similar reasons as you state. It rained earlier today, the temperature is going to be in the high-30's, and maybe some wind too. If you can't find a domed kicker, Rosas is fine.

I wanted Maher but he was taken. It’s slim pickings. I may just stick with Badgley.

I also have Damien Williams and want to start him but I got DJ, Mixon, and Sony michel. Debating starting Damien over Michel but hot damn thats a gamble. Thoughts?

EDIT: my opponent has Mahomes so acts as a bit of a hedge.

Last edited by ringfinger on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm going Justin Jackson over Williams. I think Williams does not have much talent (and has more competition for snaps). Jackson has looked talented when I saw him touch the ball this year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I’m rolling with Damien Williams over Sony Michel. Michel only had 1 road TD and hasn’t even been getting the goal line work with Develin stealing that quite a bit lately. Gulp. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite me but I just don’t see Sony Michel going off this week @PIT.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I’m rolling with Damien Williams over Sony Michel. Michel only had 1 road TD and hasn’t even been getting the goal line work with Develin stealing that quite a bit lately. Gulp. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite me but I just don’t see Sony Michel going off this week @PIT.

I am sorry I didn't see this before the game, but I would have also opted for Williams, and I think you are going to love the results! Michel's matchup just isn't good, as PIT stuffs the run.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I am sorry I didn't see this before the game, but I would have also opted for Williams, and I think you are going to love the results! Michel's matchup just isn't good, as PIT stuffs the run.

Boom! My opponent had Mahomes/Keenan/Kelce and Damien outscored them by himself =)

Badgely stunk so I should have made that change to Rosas but that’s ok.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Boom! My opponent had Mahomes/Keenan/Kelce and Damien outscored them by himself =)

Badgely stunk so I should have made that change to Rosas but that’s ok.

That's quite a start for you. I was playing against Rivers and Jackson in one of my semifinals and I was in a great position until those last 2 Chargers TD's. Now the guy is basically right at his scoring projection and the matchup is still projected to be close. (I didn't have anybody going tonight in that league since I benched Badgley.)
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt and Melvin Gordon got me the #1 seed, 1st round bye and top reg. season scoring crown. Then THIS week happened. Hunt out of the league Gordon injured and Hill and Mahomes with one of their worst games of the year. On to 2019. smh
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt and Melvin Gordon got me the #1 seed, 1st round bye and top reg. season scoring crown. Then THIS week happened. Hunt out of the league Gordon injured and Hill and Mahomes with one of their worst games of the year. On to 2019. smh

I feel your pain, and I've been there. H2H is really, really cruel. And I'll say this again and I can't recommend it enough: all leagues should have some sort of a reward for total points.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

anyone else have Keenan Allen? Gotta love this (bleep). Zero points when I needed him the most
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

I have TY Hilton in 2 leagues but was only planning on starting him in one of them (I am loaded in another league with Julio, Thielen, and Edelman in a PPR and can only start 3), but now that he's missed practice all week and is very questionable (at best), I picked up Robby Anderson and I'm going to play him tomorrow. With Enunwa out and with the Texans having older, slower boundary cornerbacks, I'm hoping that Anderson, a speed receiver, can take advantage, and he could get a lot of targets. Hilton himself dusted the Texans last week. They are 23rd in yardage allowed to wide receivers.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Melvin Gordon apologizes to all his fantasy owners. Pretty cool dude =)

Quote:
To my fantasy owners ...who lost without my help I’m sorry. Crunch time in these playoffs and I couldn’t come thru !! 😔😩 !!

https://twitter.com/melvingordon25/status/1073672932252049408?s=21
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Melvin Gordon apologizes to all his fantasy owners. Pretty cool dude =)

Quote:
To my fantasy owners ...who lost without my help I’m sorry. Crunch time in these playoffs and I couldn’t come thru !! 😔😩 !!

https://twitter.com/melvingordon25/status/1073672932252049408?s=21

Meanwhile, Gurley will probably run along the 1 yd line to avoid scoring a TD tomorrow to troll ff players.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

So thanks to Damien Williams, and Mahomes/Kelce/Keenan having poor to average games, I have a decent cushion and my opponent doesn't have many high ceiling guys left. He has Josh Adams, Doug Martin, Edelman, and Chubb left (ok Chubb has a high ceiling). I have Joe Mixon, David Johnson, Mike Evans, David Njoku left. And my QB.

My QBs are Baker Mayfield (@DEN) and Jameis Winston (@BAL).

Pretty sure I'm rolling with Mayfield as I think he has a higher floor.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

^
Yes I would play Baker the Touchdown Maker.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Yes I would play Baker the Touchdown Maker.

Thanks Stu!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Robby!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

19 points from Fairbairn for the second week in a row
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Slayed the regular season. I'll be lucky to crack 50 points this week. Gonna lose to the guy who BARELY squeaked into the playoffs this year. SMH. Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Lamar Miller and even Mahomes failed me.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I feel your pain, and I've been there. H2H is really, really cruel. And I'll say this again and I can't recommend it enough: all leagues should have some sort of a reward for total points.

A buddy of mine and I were just talking about how cruel the H2H format can be. Particularly like, when you put up the second highest score but lost because you play the highest score.

So one way around this, curious what you guys think, what if each week, you actually play ALL the teams in your league. And your record for that week, is the aggregate record against those teams.

So say in week 1, 12-team league, you go 6-5 against the other 11 teams, then you're 1-0 for week 1. This way too, if you get blown out by one opponent, you're still going to be in it and can enjoy your other matchups.

Then, instead of points being the first tiebreaker for playoff eligibility, it would be your aggregate record (like 91-65 or whatever), then points scored.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

edit

Last edited by PLATNUM on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Unbelievably, I won today.
Hunt suspended a few weeks ago and Melvin Gordon out. KC hasnt looked the same and I thought I was done.

My roster vs my opponent:

Mahomes - 22.02 ---- Dak - 6.24
Diggs - 15.8 ---- Juju - 8.0
Tyreek - 8.10 ---- Amari Cooper - 8.3
Tarik Cohen - 14.2 ---- P. Lindsay - 8.4
Lamar Miller - 0.8 ---- Fournette - 9.4
K. Rudolph - 5.3 ---- Gronk - 4.1
J. Adams - ---- S. Michel - 5.9
McManus - 12 ---- Bryant -10
Jax - 13 ---- Baltimore - 8

91.22 - 68.34

150 is usually what I averaged all year. Insane. Oh well, on to the championship! lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Points are down this weekend. I have a 41 point lead and my opponent has Samuel tomorrow. I’m counting it as a win. Pull it off next week and I should win $1,500-1,600.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Damn VLF, That's some nice Xmas money right there.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

This could be one of the most disappointing weeks in my fantasy football "career" lol. In one of my 2 semifinals where I was a definite underdog (6th in points out of 8 but made the playoffs at 8-6), I got off to a decent start from picking up and starting Robby Anderson. But my team sputtered today, I had Marlon Mack on my bench, and I am going to lose handily, and would've still lost even if I played Mack.

In the other one, the league where I had the best team all year, I am catching a break in that my opponent is having a bad week. The trouble is, I'm having an awful week. Zeke underperformed (though he played well in real life), and Thielen, the Bills Defense, and Uzomah at TE all killed me (the OJ Howard injury really has proven costly for me at TE). So now I'm only 2.8 points up and only have Cam Newton left. Problem is, my opponent has McCaffrey and the Saints D. It's PPR, so you know McCaffrey is going to fall into 15 points as his floor. The one shot I have is a high-scoring game where Newton gets me 3 or more TD's. With 6 points per TD, I could pull it out if Newton does really well and if the Saints D doesn't score much. But a bad Newton game will spell curtains for me for sure, and if CMC happens to catch any Newton TD pass, that's probably curtains for me, too.

Feels like crap to be scheduled to underperform your projection by 36 points in a fantasy semifinal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25
Jump to: