Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 652, 653, 654 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Bunch of individual numbers ignoring team D

8th in the league in team defense at the moment. I mean you can put that all on Lebron or all on Chandler if you want, but that's silly. They've clearly been working on defense, it has clearly improved as a team. I don't care if everyone on the team has a DRtg of 120 if the team DRtg stays top 10 or better.

Luke has many coaching issues, no doubt. But it would seem that he's been both coaching and preaching defense and it's working.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

[/quote] It seems rather obvious to me. When we win LeBron puts the Lakers on his shoulders and carries them to a victory. When they lose he still puts on an effort that dwarfs the other player contributions.

Win or lose Luke just has the same stupid expression on his face and still runs the same crappy lineups and substitutions. Name something that Luke has done well. It's not because of Luke that the Lakers are winning. But Luke can certainly help the Lakers lose.[/quote]

Bravo! A lot of us on this site have been saying the same. Its amazing to me that some other folks on here just cannot reach the same conclusion.

Unfortunately, if ownership wants an obviously bad coach and coaching staff, Luke and his misfits will continue to cash a check........UNTIL Lebron has has enough. Hurry up, Lebron!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Have to give credit where it's due, Luke is a good defensive coach. His other deficiencies as a coach are still valid though.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Let’s start with the defense. Can Lebron play 1 vs 5 defense? No. Has he started giving 100% on defense? No. But our defense has improved, both individually and as a team. Sure, let’s give all the credit to Lebron and ignores efforts from other members of the team.
Lebron has been amazing but he can be sloppy from time to time. Luke could be better but most of the time he was not the main reason why we lost games. I can easily give you two reasons, 1. Poor outside shooting 2. No adequate backup center before Chandler arrived

Lakers defense was playing like crap at the beginning of the year. Getting Chandler was a big help for the defense especially on the rebounding end.

Have the individual Lakers improved on defense? Let's see compare the Lakers that were on last years team vs this year using DEFRTG (lower numbers are better):

Lonzo Ball
2018 DEFRTG: 107 (very slightly worse)
2017 DEFRTG: 106

KCP
2018 DEFRTG: 110 (worse)
2017 DEFRTG: 108

Brandon Ingram:
2018 DEFRTG: 111 (worse)
2017 DEFRTG: 109

Josh Hart:
2018 DEFRTG: 108 (very slightly better)
2017 DEFRTG: 109

Kyle Kuzma:
2018 DEFRTG: 109 (very slightly worse)
2017 DEFRTG: 110

Where is this improvement you speak of? Seems to be about the same (or actually very slightly worse from players that Luke has been coaching year to year)

The big difference between this years team vs last year is Lebron. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you, but maybe you should watch some other sport if you don't see it.

Did he not mean improved from the beginning of the year? Like you stated?

I'm just isolating out some of the effect of Luke Walton vs the effect of Lebron James. Poster above seems to think Luke Walton is somehow the cause of the Lakers turnaround. I'm showing that essentially the Lakers are playing about the same (or even slightly worse) except now that the Lakers have Lebron their record is better.

Lebron ON/OFF court stats:

ON: MP 943, ORTG 115.3 DRTG 109.3, NET +6.0
OFF: MP 359, ORTG 111.3 DRTG 112.2, NET -0.9

I have never said Luke is the reason for our turnaround. In fact my post is to encourage people not to point finger to one person on a win or loss. The Lebron effect is real. I am not arguing against that. He makes us a better team, he has been amazing but he took part in our losses too. He missed FT, he had turnovers in clutch time. You don’t need me to remind you basketball is a team sport. So next time when we win, appreciate Kuzma’s 3 points and Chandler’s defense instead of giving all the credit to Lebron. When we lose, think about those unforced turnovers and missed wide open shots instead of blaming Luke.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Have to give credit where it's due, Luke is a good defensive coach. His other deficiencies as a coach are still valid though.

Woah. When the jugg says something positive about Luke...
Where are we?
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
Bunch of individual numbers ignoring team D

My name is RG73 and I'll just change people's quotes if I please. Because I'm 8th in the fantasy league. I mean you can put that all on RG73 or all on Chandler if you want, but that's silly. I've clearly been working on defense, it has clearly improved as a team. I don't understand how stats work so if a team has a DRtg of 120 if the team DRtg stays top 10 I wouldn't have a clue.

I love Luke and his many coaching issues, no doubt. But it would seem that he's been both croaching and peaching defense and it's working.

I see
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Where are we?

Well, hopefully he becomes better than a poor man's Mike Brown. Just get him a Gentry-esque assistant
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Where are we?

Well, hopefully he becomes better than a poor man's Mike Brown. Just get him a Gentry-esque assistant

Yeah, I actually don't think Luke is nearly as bad as many here say but he absolutely needs some actual competent NBA level assistants or else I agree that he needs to go. I was watching one of the assistants talk the other day on youtube and it was so cringe when he talked in circles and said only the most cliche and blatantly obvious things. He just screamed elementary 3rd to 4th grader level coach.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

We need a dependable 6th man who can give us consistent scoring off the bench. Why aren't we playing Beasley again?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:

Yeah, I actually don't think Luke is nearly as bad as many here say but he absolutely needs some actual competent NBA level assistants or else I agree that he needs to go. I was watching one of the assistants talk the other day on youtube and it was so cringe when he talked in circles and said only the most cliche and blatantly obvious things. He just screamed elementary 3rd to 4th grader level coach.

I'm pretty fed up with Luke hiring his college buddies for the staff instead of finding the best guys for the job like his mentor Kerr does. It will be his downfall imo.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
We need a dependable 6th man who can give us consistent scoring off the bench. Why aren't we playing Beasley again?

On leave again for personal reasons...
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Where are we?

Yeah, I actually don't think Luke is nearly as bad as many here say but he absolutely needs some actual competent NBA level assistants or else I agree that he needs to go. I was watching one of the assistants talk the other day on youtube and it was so cringe when he talked in circles and said only the most cliche and blatantly obvious things. He just screamed elementary 3rd to 4th
grader level coach.

I completely agree those assistants more like drinking buddies have to go. I heard that Magic is not too thrilled as to the stooges surrounding Walton. Nothing really changes; free shooting still crap after 2 years, perimeter shooting is poor, and player development is so so. Time to get some real talented NBA assistant coaches, and that includes getting rid of Elmer Fudd if you have to.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
hype wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Where are we?

Yeah, I actually don't think Luke is nearly as bad as many here say but he absolutely needs some actual competent NBA level assistants or else I agree that he needs to go. I was watching one of the assistants talk the other day on youtube and it was so cringe when he talked in circles and said only the most cliche and blatantly obvious things. He just screamed elementary 3rd to 4th
grader level coach.

I completely agree those assistants more like drinking buddies have to go. I heard that Magic is not too thrilled as to the stooges surrounding Walton. Nothing really changes; free shooting still crap after 2 years, perimeter shooting is poor, and player development is so so. Time to get some real talented NBA assistant coaches, and that includes getting rid of Elmer Fudd if you have to.

Wanna provide a source for where you “heard magic isn’t too thrilled with Luke’s stooges”? Or should we believe you have inside sources?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
hype wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Where are we?

grader level coach.

Wanna provide a source for where you “heard magic isn’t too thrilled with Luke’s stooges”? Or should we believe you have inside sources?

Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
hype wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Where are we?

grader level coach.

Go to the UCLA Health Training Center at 2275 E. Mariposa Ave in El Segundo.
Go to the 2nd floor rear men's restroom.
Wait at the 2nd urinal from the left.
When a tall older black gentleman comes in and uses the urinal next to you, say these key words:
"Man,my head is still pounding from last night with Luke and the boys. That Jesse is an animal!"

You'll get your source right there.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
hype wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Where are we?

grader level coach.

[edited out non-sense]

I think the answer is no on the source.
But that doesn't mean it's not true.
Who knows.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

Woj thinks Magic wants someone other than Luke as head coach:

Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

Why does the emote change into :Luke: when you preview your post.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

With more & more as time pass by, Woj is sounding like a genuine ESPN talking head.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
hype wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Where are we?

grader level coach.

[edited out non-sense]

I think the answer is no on the source.
But that doesn't mean it's not true.
Who knows.

Oh snap.
The report just came out!

Actually, lemme listen to the link.
Gotta make sure it's fact or just his opinion... brb.

Last edited by epak on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Woj’s opinion pieces have generally been trash. He has no sources within the organization.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Yea. That Woj talking point was pretty bleh.
When Lowe was asking about is Luke bad, and talking about firing coaches without a good one lined up being a bad idea, Woj had a "i dont know, uh i dont know" look on his face

Woj says Magic's idea of a coach is Pat Riley.
Geez. In this era? I dont see that going over well.
Look how the Bull's players reacted to practicing after back to back
And I believe the Players Association was on the players side on that one.

Last edited by epak on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Woj’s opinion pieces have generally been trash. He has no sources within the organization.

He should stick to what he knows best and that is breaking news.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

How you can tell when the players love their coach:

Every time some anti-Luke rumors come out the past two years this team responds almost immediately. Love seeing that.

Source: https://twitter.com/Tyler_A_Rowland/status/1074123604927897600
BruceLeroy1985
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Funny how when the Lakers lose the idiot Walton haters blame the coach but yet when they win they it is not because of the coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 652, 653, 654 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 653 of 818
Jump to: