**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

That sucks Stu. What a weird week 15 it was. Only one 300 yard passer on Sunday and no 3 passing TD performances, and so many injuries this week as well. This is a classic week where luck played a big factor.

I'm still in it in 2 of my 4 leagues. In one of them, I was fortunate enough to have Mixon, David Johnson, and Damien Williams that carried me through because the rest of my roster was awful. Just can't believe Andrew Luck but up 192 passing yards and no TDs in a 23 point scoring affair.

In the other, I also played Damien Williams, but everyone else sucked so now I've got a chance, with Michael Thomas left, but I'm up 18 points and my opponent has CMC and Kamara left so I have a chance but MT will need to post a good game. What's crazy is my opponent had Mahomes/Keenan/Kelce as well and was the #1 seed all season long.

I'm seeing a lot of top seeds falling in my leagues because those teams had the guys that carried them through (like Mahomes/MG3/Hunt/etc) either not available or underperforming.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

Well, my season's come to an end. In my league where i was the best team all year, scored the most, finished 11-2, my team did not do that well yesterday. It didnt help that James Conner, Melvin Gordon, Kerryon Johnson and Keenan Allen (who I started) were all hurt. Fantasy Football is so strange and unpredictable. Definitely need some luck to win it all.

Anyways, to those that are still in the hunt, best of luck! And thank you for all your help throughout the season. Always looking forward to this thread.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Well, my season's come to an end. In my league where i was the best team all year, scored the most, finished 11-2, my team did not do that well yesterday. It didnt help that James Conner, Melvin Gordon, Kerryon Johnson and Keenan Allen (who I started) were all hurt. Fantasy Football is so strange and unpredictable. Definitely need some luck to win it all.

Anyways, to those that are still in the hunt, best of luck! And thank you for all your help throughout the season. Always looking forward to this thread.

Sorry to hear that man. There is definitely an element of luck involved. I will never forget how I lost to a guy once who had abandoned his team and had 4 players in that were either ruled out or on a bye and I lost by 2 points because had had Leveon Bell in who went off.

The guy didn't even know he had beaten me. I mean, that's like getting your shot blocked by someone who had no intention of playing in your pickup basketball game. LOL
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

I suffered the same fate. #1 seed, over 200 points higher then second place and laid an egg in the semi-finals. Mahommes was average. Thielen was off, my RBs are off because of Hunt being a dumbass and the Conner injury. Heck, my idiot kicker got me -1 (thanks Maher). Unless somehow Kamara can outscore Lutz by 39 tonight, I'm done.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

I rode Todd Gurley all year, including yesterday. He got me to the finals, so I'm guaranteed to win at least $400. Also made a timely pickup of Elijah McCuire 3 weeks ago, that paid off yesterday.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Welp, that McCaffrey TD pass just ended me.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

I was projected to lose (going into tonight) by only 8. I lost by 40!

Get ready for a lot of wonky lineup decisions for Week 16. It's possible that both Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers will be held out of their teams' games.

Keith Ford is the only healthy RB left for the Bills, and it's entirely possible that he starts next week and could be used by fantasy owners in a decent matchup at New England.

Speaking of the Bills, Josh Allen is the #1 fantasy QB over the past month and is basically a must-start if you are still alive.

Jamaal Williams, even sans Rodgers if he's out, will be a startable RB if Aaron Jones is out.

More Bills: Isaiah McKenzie has taken over Zay Jones' slot role and has quietly received 7 targets in back-to-back games, as well as rush attempts in 3 of his past 4 games. He missed some game action on Sunday with an injury or he would've gotten even more usage. With all of the RB injuries the Bills are experiencing, if he is cleared to play, he could be a more-involved-than-usual WR against New England, and possibly startable in deeper leagues IMO.

Any worry that Joe Flacco was going to play obvious passing down snaps for the Ravens is out the window now. Lamar Jackson is the team's QB. Without as much of a worry that he'll be yanked, it means that he is one of the safer QB options right now, as the rushing supplements his floor, and you know weather won't be a factor when the Ravens play at the Chargers on Saturday. He's yet to really have a booming game, but if you've been running out the likes of Rodgers or Newton and are somehow still alive, and have Lamar as your backup, feel free to fire him up as your starter.

With the Saints heading back home to play the Steelers, I'd feel comfortable inserting Brees back into lineups.

I like Mike Williams again in that Chargers-Ravens game. The Chargers will have to throw a little more than usual against that stout Ravens run D (I'd expect Melvin Gordon to catch more passes than usual, assuming he plays), and Mike Evans, a similar big-bodied, athletically-gifted WR, fared well against this same Ravens D on Sunday. And Keenan Allen is unlikely to be 100%, if he plays.

Marlon Mack overcome a bad matchup to have a great game against Dallas, and it's possible that the key to the Colts running game is center Ryan Kelly. With Kelly in the lineup, the Colts average better than 5 yards per carry. Without him, it plummets to a yard and a half worse. Playing the Giants on Sunday, Mack is back to must-start territory.

With volume on his side, Elijah McGuire is another plug-and-play RB2 for fantasy finals week. Green Bay poses a much, much easier matchup than Houston did last week, and that is even more the case since the Packers lost Mike Daniels to IR.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu would you consider playing Ford? I've had Jaylen Samuels for last couple of weeks and he's done well, but not sure of his value of Conner comes back.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
ChickenStu would you consider playing Ford? I've had Jaylen Samuels for last couple of weeks and he's done well, but not sure of his value of Conner comes back.

I would consider Ford, but he's more of a flex play. Samuels is basically a borderline RB1 if Conner misses the game. The tough thing there is that the Bills game is in the morning on Sunday, with the Steelers playing in the afternoon. Hopefully, you'll know more about Conner's status by Sunday morning. Regarding Ford, keep in mind that Josh Allen is scoring most of the rushing TD's for the Bills lately.

Ideally, you'd have a better option than Ford. Is there anyone available off waivers in your league that might be more interesting than Ford? Kellen Ballage would be one such option, with Gore now apparently down for the year. Adam Gase has said that he doesn't want to change Kenyan Drake's role, so Ballage is likely to get the majority of the carries. Yes, we've seen Jacksonville's defense rise up at times during this lost season, but they are totally playing out the string, and I'd take my chances on some volume and a possible rush TD with Ballage (Miami should win), as opposed to Ford, who probably is less likely to score a rushing TD than Allen is, and whose team is a big road underdog.

Matt Breida apparently hurt his ankle (again) near the very end of the 49ers' win over the Seahawks on Sunday, so he could be out again. So even in a bad matchup against the Bears, you might have to consider Jeff Wilson again. The 49ers are only 3.5 point underdogs at home, and with the Bears just having clinched the NFC North with a win over their bitter rival (the Packers), it's possible that they have a letdown game, they have to travel a long way, and I think the 49ers will keep it competitive. Very quietly, the 49ers have been able to produce RB fantasy points all season long. So watch for practice reports and if Breida were ruled out, I'd probably prefer Wilson to Ford, too.

Jamaal Williams would have to get the nod for me over Ford.

I might even consider someone like Dion Lewis, if available. I know the Redskins just beat the packing-it-in Jaguars, but their offense is god-awful with Josh Johnson. I expect the Titans to easily beat the Redskins on Sunday, and since the Titans could be playing a winner-goes-to-the-playoffs Week 17 game against the Colts, they may want to save Derrick Henry just a little bit for that one. If they get up by more than 10 points, perhaps you'll see just a little more Lewis in this spot, and the matchup is good.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

What do you guys think about Jamaal Williams vs. Damien Williams (if Ware sits and even if he does not)?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
What do you guys think about Jamaal Williams vs. Damien Williams (if Ware sits and even if he does not)?

Seattle is terrible against RB's, so if Ware is out, Damien gets the nod for me, in that offense, over Jamaal. The Chiefs play on Sunday night, though, so you'd need to know Ware's status well in advance. If Ware played, I'd go with the likely voluminous role of Jamaal Williams.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

McCoy and Ivory both got in a limited practice today, suggesting that at least one of them (if not both) will be active for Sunday. You can't play Ford at all unless he were the clear starter. So it's looking like you are going to have to look at other options, although Conner didn't practice today so maybe he still won't be able to return. But you should probably do your best to have another option at the ready.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Moses, Conner is unlikely to play against the Saints, per reports. That's a good break for you. Even in a tough matchup, he's a must-start as the clear lead dog of the RB group who also catches passes. Fire him up.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Gurley is injured, but will probably play limited minutes. Should I play him anyway or start either Mark Ingram or Josh Adams? 1/2 PPR league.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Gurley is injured, but will probably play limited minutes. Should I play him anyway or start either Mark Ingram or Josh Adams? 1/2 PPR league.

If it’s me, I’m riding Gurley.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Gurley is a must start and will probably go off.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

^
Just watch the reports on Gurley all week, and it may even require you to look at if they say anything on Sunday morning before any games even begin that day. Anything could happen, ranging from him being inactive, to being active but playing limited snaps, to playing his normal snaps until the game gets out of hand (if it ever did).

For what it's worth, my absolute gut call is that he is nowhere close to 100% and that the Rams play it "safe." Whether that means he's inactive or plays a limited role, I don't know.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

If it’s me, I’m riding Gurley.

I most likely will. His floor is the other guys' ceiling.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Chubb, Mixon, or Conner?

Half point ppr, 3 point bonus for over 100 yards
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Chubb, Mixon, or Conner?

I would go with Chubb. The matchup is just absolutely golden, at home against Cincy as 10-point favorites. Mixon is very good but he's tied to an inferior offense as a significant road underdog. I still like him because he's just a good player and the matchup is good, but Chubb's matchup is even better and his setup is fantastic this week.

Conner is probably not going to play, and his game is a Sunday afternoon start, so you can pretty safely rule him out. Even if he's somehow active, there's a chance that they use Samuels a bit.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Chubb, Mixon, or Conner?

Chubb
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Chubb, Mixon, or Conner?

Play them in that order. =)
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Now, it's looking like Gurley won't play, so I will have to rely on Williams to replace him since Ware is most likely out too.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Now, it's looking like Gurley won't play, so I will have to rely on Williams to replace him since Ware is most likely out too.

Yep, Gurley probably isn't going to play. They said CJ Anderson would likely start, so he should be added in all leagues if you have the bench spot, even if it's just to block another team from getting him and potentially using him against you. As for your team, yeah, Damien Williams is a fine play with Ware almost certainly out.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Yep, Gurley probably isn't going to play. They said CJ Anderson would likely start, so he should be added in all leagues if you have the bench spot, even if it's just to block another team from getting him and potentially using him against you. As for your team, yeah, Damien Williams is a fine play with Ware almost certainly out.

The guy in the third place game blocked me from getting him
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25
Jump to: