kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Stop blaming Luke or our defense. Both of our big men are out. Of course the defense is going to suffer. We had a legit chance to win at the end if it weren't for Lonzo throwing up bricks. Maybe it was Luke's mistake to use Lonzo in the 4th at all.

We had a chance to win if Lebron would actually try and score. We might as well had him on the bench for Rondo.

After he made the 40 footer, next possession Grizz hard doubled him leaving Lonzo wide open. What do you expect Lebron to do? Shoot a contested 40 footer over 2 defenders? Lebron can only do so much to help this team. I would be pissed and demoralized too if I had to carry my team to a win every night.

It's good for Lebron to take a step back and see what the other guys can bring.

Oh because no superstars have ever carried a team to victory while being doubled....

It's not the percentage play, ESPECIALLY in Luke's system which emphasizes passing

Disagree, it is the percentage play. Rarely if ever are bad shooters going to shoot you to victory.

A shot over a double team is never the percentage play according to anyone. You pass it to an open man, especially in a system modeled off GSW

Why does it have to be a jumper? Pass it out and get it back, split it etc...

You mean like passing to an open man, who then drives and passes it to someone else? Interesting, maybe ask Lonzo why he didn't?

Nope I mean like waving a player to you, passing it to him and aggressively going to get it back and go to the hoop.

If you actually watched the game, you would have noticed a number of times Lebron waved and no one came over. I counted at least 4

Bruh, I watch every single game, I've had league pass every year since it came out lol.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
We are playing 4 against 5 will Ball in the game. Ball needs to have the ball in his hand even he is not Kyrie. For him to catch and shoot, we are doomed.

Well that's the Lebron effect. If you aren't a catch and shoot player, your weaknesses are magnified.

Luke putting his players in a position to fail. We saw it coming. When zo is ice cold dont leave him in to catch and shoot.

Luke never should have brought Zo back. He sat him too long (I think 14 straight minutes) and then puts him in with 3 minutes to go. I have no problem with Zo closing games, I think he should, but Zo is an energy guy and needs to work up a lather and get into the flow. Luke was too indecisive with his rotations.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Stop blaming Luke or our defense. Both of our big men are out. Of course the defense is going to suffer. We had a legit chance to win at the end if it weren't for Lonzo throwing up bricks. Maybe it was Luke's mistake to use Lonzo in the 4th at all.

We had a chance to win if Lebron would actually try and score. We might as well had him on the bench for Rondo.

After he made the 40 footer, next possession Grizz hard doubled him leaving Lonzo wide open. What do you expect Lebron to do? Shoot a contested 40 footer over 2 defenders? Lebron can only do so much to help this team. I would be pissed and demoralized too if I had to carry my team to a win every night.

Oh because no superstars have ever carried a team to victory while being doubled....

It's not the percentage play, ESPECIALLY in Luke's system which emphasizes passing

Disagree, it is the percentage play. Rarely if ever are bad shooters going to shoot you to victory.

A shot over a double team is never the percentage play according to anyone. You pass it to an open man, especially in a system modeled off GSW

You mean like passing to an open man, who then drives and passes it to someone else? Interesting, maybe ask Lonzo why he didn't?

Nope I mean like waving a player to you, passing it to him and aggressively going to get it back and go to the hoop.

If you actually watched the game, you would have noticed a number of times Lebron waved and no one came over. I counted at least 4

Bruh, I watch every single game, I've had league pass every year since it came out lol.

Then you would have noticed Bron waving, pointing, and nothing happen. Or the really anemic screen Zu tried to set then gave up 5 seconds later.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Back to Back losses coming up

Bye Luke

Why would you want to fire Luke? He didn't draft Lonzo and sign Rondo. Magic should fire himself. Maybe it was a mistake to use Lonzo in the 4th but his alternative is Rondo, which is another version of Lonzo.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Then you would have noticed Bron waving, pointing, and nothing happen. Or the really anemic screen Zu tried to set then gave up 5 seconds later.

At that point you have to call a timeout and get in some peoples faces. You are the leader of this team, dog them and let them know.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to Zu; he played well offensively and had 4 blocks.
However he is no JaVale McGee.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

At that point you have to call a timeout and get in some peoples faces. You are the leader of this team, dog them and let them know.

But when people heard Lebron complaining they said "Lebron's blaming others for his deficiencies".
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

OCWA wrote:
drae wrote:
OCWA wrote:
I'm glad Zo took those open shots and he needs to continue taking them. What makes me mad is that he has abandoned his aggressive drives.

Passive Zo is useless Zo. He needs to be benched when that happens so that it doesn't positively reward him for playing like that

I wonder what psychological tricks Phil Jackson would have tried with Zo.

Man O man, Zo is lucky he's not a teammate of Mike Jordan's. Phil is one thing, Jordan as teammate is another level. Zo would get a harsh tongue scolding a la Kwame.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
drae wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

But when people heard Lebron complaining they said "Lebron's blaming others for his deficiencies".

Who cares what people say?
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

Bye Luke

Why would you want to fire Luke? He didn't draft Lonzo and sign Rondo. Magic should fire himself. Maybe it was a mistake to use Lonzo in the 4th but his alternative is Rondo, which is another version of Lonzo.

The mistake was not using him in the 4th until the 3 minute mark. He should have stuck to his regular rotation and brought Zo back in at the 9 or 8 minute mark, and then if he isn't contributing you close with someone else. He sat a cold Zo for 14 straight minutes and then threw him out there with 3 minutes and then yanked him again a minute and half later....lol..Too indecisive and it looks like he is just doing random stuff.

Last edited by OCWA on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

Bye Luke

Magic has already done more than Walton ever has as coach. One move is all it took to win that battle. Don't even go there.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Ah, the guy cleared to play who won't play tonight. Effin rollin eyes at that silly sh.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

Bye Luke

Magic has already done more than Walton ever has as coach. One move is all it took to win that battle. Don't even go there.

Seriously!

Fire Magic???
Uh we are 19-14 and 4th in the West at the moment. An didn't Magic just bring the in the best player on the planet to join the Lakers this past summer?

Overreaction at its finest.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
OCWA wrote:
drae wrote:
OCWA wrote:
I'm glad Zo took those open shots and he needs to continue taking them. What makes me mad is that he has abandoned his aggressive drives.

Passive Zo is useless Zo. He needs to be benched when that happens so that it doesn't positively reward him for playing like that

I wonder what psychological tricks Phil Jackson would have tried with Zo.

Man O man, Zo is lucky he's not a teammate of Mike Jordan's. Phil is one thing, Jordan as teammate is another level. Zo would get a harsh tongue scolding a la Kwame.

A little zen meditation might do the trick (it couldn't hurt).
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Ah, the guy cleared to play who won't play tonight. Effin rollin eyes at that silly sh.

Javale had just gotten over pneumonia.
With his current asthmatic issues on top of it. Could be deadly.

If he needs a couple more days to get under his feet so be it.

It's a marathon not a race.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Javale had just gotten over pneumonia. If he needs a couple more days to get under his feet so be it.

exactly plus he has asthma. He probably was still weak.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Javale had just gotten over pneumonia. If he needs a couple more days to get under his feet so be it.

He was cleared to play. If you're telling me in this instance, that statement doesn't mean sh, then I'll tell you, "Fair enough, Sir." I would buy that. What I don't buy is he needs time on the court to get back on the court. You in this instance would be telling the truth and not making things up on the fly. I feel like an angry Trump voter when I listen to Luke.

Sigh. I'm out. Gotta flush this one. Merry Xmas and all that stuff.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

He was cleared to play. If you're telling me in this instance, that statement doesn't mean sh, then I'll tell you, "Fair enough, Sir." I would buy that. What I don't buy is he needs time on the court to get back on the court. You in this instance would be telling the truth and not making things up on the fly. I feel like an angry Trump voter when I listen to Luke.

Sure you are right its speculation on my part. But I've had walking pneumonia before and it takes a lot out of your energy.
It's like your body is readjusting to getting proper oxygen flow once again.

We normally suck on Xmas anyways but with Lebron I'm feeling pretty confident he could turn that around since he has a great record on Christmas games.

I'm bummed out on the loss to the Grizz tonight but I'm looking bigger picture. An I really want Javale and Tyson to be ready Christmas day but only if they are feeling healthy.

We still got 49 games to go. We gon' be alright
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

We are pathetic against bad teams. Terrible.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Dude, I actually have a headache forming after all of this. I can feel it in my temples. These Lakers are hazardous to your health. 49 more, huh? Oh, boy...
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

This was one of the most painful losses I could remember. I shouldn't be this mad at a loss
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Dude, I actually have a headache forming after all of this. I can feel it in my temples. These Lakers are hazardous to your health. 49 more, huh? Oh, boy...

I feel you bro!

Just wait until the playoffs
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I feel you bro!

Just wait until the playoffs

LG will have a collective heart attack in the playoffs.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Bad all-around game. Learn from it and move on. Forget about it because here comes the Warriors.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Despite the loss, I thought Lonzo was quite effective tonight. He's been so reliable lately.

Lol

Just kidding
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: