Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
MUST WIN TOMORROW

every game is a must win

must win in December? lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

justsomelakerfan wrote:
MUST WIN TOMORROW

every game is a must win

Luke is going to clear out the bench first quarter tomorrow. There's no way we stand a chance. Clippers are actually a good team, Kings are (bleep) trash.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

Runway8 wrote:
Clippers will slap the Lakers around tomorrow and take their lunch money. We are falling to border-line playoff territory after manana.

Quoted for posterity.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

It's really not a great game considering we played a non-playoff team playing B2B.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

Drifts wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
MUST WIN TOMORROW

every game is a must win

must win in December? lol

Look at the standings and say that again lol

It's going to come down to the wire. WIth a loss tomorrow we will be 7th seed. West is insanely competitive. Unless we get lucky we don't stand a chance without Rondo/Lebron
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

chrisca91 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
MUST WIN TOMORROW

every game is a must win

Luke is going to clear out the bench first quarter tomorrow. There's no way we stand a chance. Clippers are actually a good team, Kings are (bleep) trash.

haysuuus
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

The 2nd crAmp of Lonzo was vital to this loss...
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

Sentient Meat wrote:
drae wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Ingram dribbled us out of this win long before that choke job on the foul line. The offense was running smoothly with guys cutting and Lonzo feeding. Then came ball stopper Ingram, he dribbles without any purpose, often resulted in bad shots late in the clock. He also turned over several times in the 4th qtr.

I don't like his casual dribbling style... but I get the principle of what he's trying to do. He draws a crowd and then kicks it out to the open guy.

It's far from a finished product... and it cost us the game in some ways tonight... but he's one of the few who can create his own shot.

Let's put to bed the myth Ingram ruined the offense. The Lakers spent the first 3 or 4 minutes of the 4th bricking almost everything while Ingram was on the bench

I still have high hopes for Ingram... and I want to keep the core even more after this game... but BI did overdribble and turn over the ball at key points

I just hope it doesn't drive him into negative thoughts and then he goes into a slump for the next five games.

Lonzo was terrific making his terrible game seem like a distant memory.

You lose and win as a team...
But Ingram was the primary suspect/culprit.
His turnovers and misses fueled their run and he barely made the first key FT and bricked the second.
U don't blame Luke he trusted Ingram and Ingram failed him...
Great shot by their guy Tyson had a good closeout/contest...

FOX And Ball both had good games but Zo outplayed him and put us in position to win along with the rest of the young core...
But proud of Zo for rising to a challenge many here thought he would shrink from
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m not gonna be to upset about this lose, we almost had them with Bron/McGee/Rondo/Beasley not playing maybe we should relax and take a deep breathe? Kings will never win a championship don’t be to upset guys.

Lol....if you are not going to be upset about this lose I don't know what will. We have more talents than the kings do and obviously we are the better team. Yet, we lose this game becoz of a collective choke job with our players and coaching staff in the last quarter. Yes, our veterans are not there but lets not get our young core off the hook. They are not rookies anymore and they have played with LBJ for almost half a season now. They should have hold onto the W against the Kings.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

We blew a 13 point 4th quarter lead to the Kings!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

According to Lakersground... everyone is trash unless they are a top five player.

We aren't complete as a team until we have all five.

I was informed recently that Klay is trash.

Only AD can mysteriously fill the empty void inside true Laker fans.

He never wins anything... but this is what I've learned.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

The talent is there but these guys are use to losing. If Bron wasn’t here what would our record be? They just don’t have that winners mentality on there own. Sucks but that’s what it is
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m not gonna be to upset about this lose, we almost had them with Bron/McGee/Rondo/Beasley not playing maybe we should relax and take a deep breathe? Kings will never win a championship don’t be to upset guys.

Lol....if you are not going to be upset about this lose I don't know what will. We have more talents than the kings do and obviously we are the better team. Yet, we lose this game becoz of a collective choke job with our players and coaching staff in the last quarter. Yes, our veterans are not there but lets not get our young core off the hook. They are not rookies anymore and they have played with LBJ for almost half a season now. They should have hold onto the W against the Kings.

We should have won... yes.. but that doesn’t mean we should act like the Kings are volunerable, they were at home playing with a tough crowd behind them, you are acting like the guys that we missed in this game are nothing but they are something, McGee on thug life WCS could have made a big difference.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

BI should have been denying the inbound pass on the last play...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

top 4th quarter scoring team in the association
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is number 2 option . He is faster stronger, Ingram is soft still growing up.
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
Kuzma is number 2 option . He is faster stronger, Ingram is soft still growing up.

This...
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
The talent is there but these guys are use to losing. If Bron wasn’t here what would our record be? They just don’t have that winners mentality on there own. Sucks but that’s what it is

For that I say it is on our coaching staff. Players have to learn how to win but coaches play an important role too, especially for our case since our players need accelerated training. This will be a win if we have a coach that can call the right play and control the players at critical time. Luke and his company just can't do that.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

Tough loss should have won. I think I would have liked Lance out there, would have brought some veteran leadership. The team just needed someone to take over. Lonzo's second cramp was a big issue though. He played great.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Can’t close out a game making bonehead play after bonehead play like that. Ingram with ridiculous turnovers, Kuz had a couple of those too and a terrible foul, and what the hell was that dumbass foul from KCP on Fox that put us in the penalty? Did he seriously think we had a foul to give?
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We should have won... yes.. but that doesn’t mean we should act like the Kings are volunerable, they were at home playing with a tough crowd behind them, you are acting like the guys that we missed in this game are nothing but they are something, McGee on thug life WCS could have made a big difference.

Kings is an average team, but we are kicking their ass in the early 4th quarter siting with a comfortable lead. Now I don't blame our guys if the opposite team has an all star like James Harden or KD who can go off any time any minute. I don't even blame them if we are trailing 20 points going into 4th quarter.

I know missing veterans hurt our team but I don't see us as a trash team without them too. They should have no excuses not being able to close out this game considering where we positioned ourselves going into the 4th quarter.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

This game doesn't help the young guy's "don't trade us, we can be Lebron's support" case TBH
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma and Hart needed to spend more energy on d both -13
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kings is an average team, but we are kicking their ass in the early 4th quarter siting with a comfortable lead. Now I don't blame our guys if the opposite team has an all star like James Harden or KD who can go off any time any minute. I don't even blame them if we are trailing 20 points going into 4th quarter.

I know missing veterans hurt our team but I don't see us as a trash team without them too. They should have no excuses not being able to close out this game considering where we positioned ourselves going into the 4th quarter.

I get your point .. so I will leave it to that..
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

paging Coach Mermuys………..

what happened tonight???

like I said after the GSW game, lets judge Coach Luke and "brilliant" defensive game plan-Coach Mermuys with subsequent games.

So far, Minus 1.

Has nothing to do with "hate" as a couple of posters like to say, just wins/loses and HOW you win/lose.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52
Jump to: