CBS Article: Do Lakers regret not trading for Paul George?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
PG didn't want to play here.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

PG talked like he didn't wanna play with LeBron even before he announced that he's staying with OKC. I feel he'd have done a Dwight and we'd be in far worse situation.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

The trade part is irrelevant, only because Paul George could have outright signed here anyway.

He chose not to.

Imagine having LeBron, George, McGee, Chandler, Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo, Hart. That's what, Top 3 West (because chemistry needs to get sorted) and definite Finals contender?

But no, Westbrook's brotherhood is more important than a championship.

If I were him, I'd kick myself. Imagine the outside shot of still trying to trade for Anthony Davis with LeBron and PG on the team.

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The trade part is irrelevant, only because Paul George could have outright signed here anyway.

He chose not to.

Imagine having LeBron, George, McGee, Chandler, Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo, Hart. That's what, Top 3 West (because chemistry needs to get sorted) and definite Finals contender?

If I were him, I'd kick myself. Imagine the outside shot of still trying to trade for Anthony Davis with LeBron and PG on the team.

And don't forget how nice Oklahoma is in the Summer, or is it the Winter?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
I regret not sleeping with Sofia Vergara.

Oh, that's right, she wasn't going to sleep with me under any circumstances.

Teams rarely trade stars and when they do, they almost NEVER trade them to the Lakers.

When the CP3 trade happened - you saw the response - it was torpedoed.

D12 and Nash trades were virtual ripoffs to get damaged goods.

Pau Gasol deal was kept under the Cone of Silence and had outrage almost as loud as CP3 deal.

Pretty much every other deal, involving a star - rumored or imagined - is sabotaged or undermined.

Anyone remember the Gugliotta deal? Cuban openly bragging how he had Don Nelson get on the phone to find ways to keep the Lakers from getting Gugs? IIRC, they offered to help Minny in other deals if they turned down a S&T to LA?

Pacers were not trading PG13 to the Lakers, just like the Spurs weren't trading Kawhi to us, T-Wolves weren't trading KG to us, ad infinitum.

Definitely not for the underwhelming package that we reportedly offered but maybe for a decent package

I resent the inference! The package was MORE than decent! Oh, you're not talking about Sofia Vergara . . .
Daiei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I will be booing this mf so loud tomorrow he'll hear me from my TV!
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Im gonna run on the court and slap him
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

He chose not to.

This.

If he wanted to be a Laker, he would have been a Laker by now. The fact that he valued Westbrook brotherhood over winning was a beta cringeworthy. Reminds me of Melo when he chose to stay at Big Apple because of His wifey instead of going to Chicago.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

there are two red flags make me not regret this non-trade one bit:

1. for a perimeter star, PG13's assist number is very low consider how ball dominant he was in Indy. i believe his career assist is about 3 a game.

2. the fact he's had relationships with strippers while in a relationship also gave me pause. to me that translates into lacks of self discipline.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

He chose not to.

I really dont care for PG but this is spot on.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He chose not to.

This.

If he wanted to be a Laker, he would have been a Laker by now. The fact that he valued Westbrook brotherhood over winning was a beta cringeworthy. Reminds me of Melo when he chose to stay at Big Apple because of His wifey instead of going to Chicago.

They are winning more than we are so he didn’t choose less winning.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
there are two red flags make me not regret this non-trade one bit:

1. for a perimeter star, PG13's assist number is very low consider how ball dominant he was in Indy. i believe his career assist is about 3 a game.

2. the fact he's had relationships with strippers while in a relationship also gave me pause. to me that translates into lacks of self discipline.

#2 is probably half the NBA but that has no bearing on me.

End of the day, PG made it known it wanted to be here and supposedly for us not to strip ourselves in order to do so. We paid a $500K fine but kept the young assets and signed the best player in the NBA.

Like Mike said: Lonzo/George/LeBron/Ingram/Kuzma/Hart as the core was everything someone like PG should have wanted.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He chose not to.

This.

If this is a sprint, yeah, he's looking nice. But methinks in this marathon, he'will eventually regret it. Staying in OKC does not form a power house, which he could have done with the Lakers, meanwhile knocking out OKC as a contender. You have to be ruthless, and he's probably just a big softy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

For context that was after we refused to trade for him. We valued young players who very well not be here in a couple of years over him. According to PG we didn’t make an offer for him.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

For context that was after we refused to trade for him. We valued young players who very well not be here in a couple of years over him. According to PG we didn’t make an offer for him.

Hasn't it been confirmed that we didn't make a "good enough" offer? In any case, I think that's a weak azz comment by PG13. Just say usual dribble, that you love OKC and the fans, and you're loyal. That's it. If I were to psychoanalyze his comment, it sounds like he's lamenting, sounds like he would still love to be a Laker. He's lamenting that the Lakers didn't make the tough decision for him. He didn't stand a chance with OKC management and Westbrick on their knees begging him. Like I said, a big softy.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

I mean it makes no sense if you think about it. Yeah, they could have gutted the team for you. But now you have a better situation in front of you, the team is intact and Lebron is coming, but you rather go back in time and have the team gutted for you?

Like I said, he couldn't make the tough decision, didn't have the heart to ditch Westbrick. And so he's lamenting on the fact that the Lakers didn't make the tough decision for him, and save him from being the bad guy. He's now forced to stay and be the good guy. That's what that comment is all about.

It's a 20/20 hindsight comment because I'm sure when he was still with the Pacers, he didn't know which team will be the 1 yr rental place. And he still had the goal of signing with the Lakers. Fast forward 1 yr when he didn't have the heart to ditch OKC, he made the comment about how the Lakers should have traded for him. That tells me he still wanted to be a Laker, but without the obligation of turning his back on Westbrick. He wanted his cake and eat it to.

Last edited by Runway8 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Saul_Hudson
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He chose not to.

This.

He did. This team with George could be something like 26-11. OKC without him? Maybe two games above .500?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

And potentially DPOY.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

2-16 for 5pts and 6to, in an elimination game in the first round against the jazz.

Yeah he's having a decent start to the year but Its not like he's LBJ.

We can still sign another star in the summer and then decide if we trade our young guys for a 3rd star afterwards. Pg13 will most likely be an afterthought after this summer.

If we traded for him we would of lost our cap space and our trading chips, so still a good decision.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He chose not to.

This.

OKC - 23-13
Lakers - 21-16

Lakers with tons of injury are right there. in long run ill take the lakers over OKC any day

but knowing you, u will come up with weirdest explanation or a snarky 1 line comment
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He chose not to.

This.

OKC - 23-13
Lakers - 21-16

Lakers with tons of injury are right there. in long run ill take the lakers over OKC any day

but knowing you, u will come up with weirdest explanation or a snarky 1 line comment

The fact that it's just a +2 win difference, says he did take the less winning team.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He chose not to.

This.

OKC - 23-13
Lakers - 21-16

The fact that it's just a +2 win difference, says he did take the less winning team.

yupe, true.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

PG outplayed our core four combined lol.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject:

PG has no heart and will never win a title. Afraid of the spotlight and pressure.
Love that staples boo'd him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: