We need a leader not named Lebron
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: We need a leader not named Lebron

Teams are not only beating our Lakers, but they are clowning them, making fun of them, talking s**t and bullying them. And not one person is standing up to any of it. Beasly, a proven vet from the tough streets of New York has it within him, but which of our young core is going to take a stance and stop the clowning we've been getting?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

https://cdn.chatsports.com/cache/d5/1c/d51c1ebc8f336d1b0317175e8393c5ba-original.jpg
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: We need a leader not named Lebron

troy wrote:
Teams are not only beating our Lakers, but they are clowning them, making fun of them, talking s**t and bullying them. And not one person is standing up to any of it. Beasly, a proven vet from the tough streets of New York has it within him, but which of our young core is going to take a stance and stop the clowning we've been getting?

Maybe they dont have that kind of personality. Ingram had one fight where Harden was flailing his arms left and right but other than that he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy talking (bleep) to other players. Really none of our young core have that within team it seems like. Kuz has that swagger in him i think and he has the game to back it up aswell. I think him if anyone would definetly not take (bleep) from anyone.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

We have one. His name is Rondo, and he's also hurt.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Magic said Russell wasn't a leader remember? That's why he drafted Lonzo.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
lol
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Yeah, that was pretty bad. Zo has some strengths. Leadership isn't one of them.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

We don't need a leader, we just need better and more experienced players.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Zo is a leader...in shooting air balls.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: We need a leader not named Lebron

troy wrote:
you can't stop it if you can't make shots. thats where the clowning comes from. our guys have ZERO TOUCH. we miss wide open 3's, mid ranges, blow layups constantly. even during good games you see this. this may not be the case in 2 years from now but right now. its something to be clowned lol.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Yeah, that was pretty bad. Zo has some strengths. Leadership isn't one of them.
no that wasnt bad because its still true. Rus is his own guy. nothing has changed with the nets. now he could easily snap out of it and grown up to become a good leader. but today Russell is still scoring but not playing much defense and isnt some good or great leader for the nets.

Zo is a person his peers listen to. The problem is, once he kept getting hurt last year that killed a lot of his leadership. because as a young player you only get that role with court time. if you can't play eventually guys wont look at you the same. if he was an old vet on the way out they would listen to him hurt or not. but thats not his reality. Now you have a new a few older guys on the team that have been there and done that. zo's leadership therefore takes a back seat to theirs. theres no way he could be the leader on THIS team with our current roster of vets and champions. Unless he himself was the size and agility, athletic ability of a lebron james. even if he scored more consistently he still wouldnt be this CURRENT teams leader.

Think about it like this. as good as kobe was, kobe was never the Leader on the shaq and kobe teams. why? too many older been there done that guys on the team. what was he going to tell horry? nothing. fox? not much, shaq? nothing. only until the old heads left or retired then kobe was much older much more established and he was a star player NOW he's a leader along with gasol. you can be a young leader if your entire team is young OR if you're magic where you're the pg that can do everything similar to lebron. Zo can pass, zo can score sometimes, zo can board. problem is, rondo can pass rondo can score, Bron can pass, score, board, etc too and a much better/higher rate. what if magic would've come to the lakers and they already had a magic on the team. magic would not have been the leader.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Once LBJ sold out his team asking for AD...

I really wish we signed PG or Kawhi instead.

I'd still get rid of him if he was the obstacle to acquire one of KD or Kawhi because I think his comments hurt the morale of the team.

I think he's an amazing player... but that was a terrible move if you want to be an inspirational leader.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

That sounds like a lot of conjecture Splashmtn
Russell has been the best player on a streaking BK team, 5th in the East. His coach lauds his coachability and he looks like a encouraging/great teammate on the court and the bench. Demonstratively encouraging, like a leader
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

I'd still get rid of him if he was the obstacle to acquire one of KD or Kawhi because I think his comments hurt the morale of the team.

I think he's an amazing player... but that was a terrible move if you want to be an inspirational leader.

This is incredibly sad. You're blaming the floundering play of the young core on LBJ? He was the one holding up this team with them in tow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Folks have been saying that the young core needed to be able to showcase their talents sans LBJ.

1-5 later, we are left wanting.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

This is incredibly sad. You're blaming the floundering play of the young core on LBJ? He was the one holding up this team with them in tow.

I already explained my thoughts in detail on two other threads.

But sure over simplify my take for maximum effect as you often do to make points.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

But sure over simplify my take for maximum effect as you often do to make points.

So posters are supposed to read your assortment of thoughts in other threads to address a specific post in one thread?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Folks have been saying that the young core needed to be able to showcase their talents sans LBJ.

1-5 later, we are left wanting.

They’ve had more good moments individually in this stretch than bad. U can weigh 4th quarters more and disagree with that. But they’ve had quite a few really nice flashes/games.
I thought they were due to show their floor... We know how good these guys are, we knew they weren’t above having an abject disaster game - we know they’re not above having 2 of those in a span of days...
They’re young and have huge holes in their games & the coach doesn’t help it....
I’m not surprised.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Did folks want Kobe traded when he said "ship his ass out" re: Bynum? Of course not.

Bynum bucked up and made Bean eat his words with his on court play.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

So posters are supposed to read your assortment of thoughts in other threads to address a specific post in one thread?

No, but you've read my posts enough to know that's not what I'm saying.

If Memphis becomes a bottom team without Conley... does that make Marc Gasol complete trash?

The core was fine by themselves until they lost Kuzma. A good solid supporting cast for two stars.

Which is all they were ever supposed to be.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Russell has been the best player on a streaking BK team, 5th in the East. His coach lauds his coachability and he looks like a encouraging/great teammate on the court and the bench. Demonstratively encouraging, like a leader

no, you dont understand. you can be the best SCORER on your team and still not be a good leader. not saying he's bad. i'm saying he isnt a leader at all yet and i'm not sure he's trying to be one. thats also a difference.

i agree its impossible for zo to be a leader blowing layups and airballing wide open shots. not going to happen. BUt you could CLEARLY see from his first Summer league game as quit as zo is/was. He was leading that team and they were playing like him. i have NEVER, EVER, once seen our lakers nor the nets play like rus have you?

What magic saw in Zo. UCLA also saw in ZO and so did chino hills. he is/was a leader. the problem is, he started to get into his own head. it started with the horrific ft shooting, leaked into the air balled 3's and now its the blown layups and the I'm out of it because i just blew 2 layups type of game play we're seeing.

We all wanted Rus to be a leader but he didnt necessarily care to be one. we didnt know that when we drafted him. we knew he was capable but we didnt know he really wasnt tripping about being one. thats hard to gauge with a guy until he gets in the nba and starts thinking about his brand, getting paid(not a bad thing), and other things. he's growing up deciding who he's going to be. maybe his decision isnt about being some great team leader. maybe its putting up some really good numbers, winning some games. and getting Money and working it that way. us fans think thats bad. its not. these guys are at the top of their profession, can many of us say that?NOPE. so once you get to the mountain top, you do have a right to say i dont care about being this or that. you've earned that right. so its not a knock on Rus at all. its just the truth...as of this moment. that could change in a few years.

kuz is playing well and yet he's not a leader at all. he's an individual. doesnt mean he can't change into one. but it means everyone isnt a born leader and some who have the qualities dont always desire to be one. then you have some who dont have the qualities who want to be one and that is an issue too lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If Memphis becomes a bottom team without Conley... does that make Marc Gasol complete trash?

The core was fine by themselves until they lost Kuzma. A good solid supporting cast for two stars.

So why don't you simply state that since we can't read all of your posts on other threads?

So you're blaming LBJ for this, but then you admit it's actually Kuz being out. I think I understand it now.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

no, you dont understand. you can be the best SCORER on your team and still not be a good leader. not saying he's bad. i'm saying he isnt a leader at all yet and i'm not sure he's trying to be one. thats also a difference.

i agree its impossible for zo to be a leader blowing layups and airballing wide open shots. not going to happen. BUt you could CLEARLY see from his first Summer league game as quit as zo is/was. He was leading that team and they were playing like him. i have NEVER, EVER, once seen our lakers nor the nets play like rus have you?

What magic saw in Zo. UCLA also saw in ZO and so did chino hills. he is/was a leader. the problem is, he started to get into his own head. it started with the horrific ft shooting, leaked into the air balled 3's and now its the blown layups and the I'm out of it because i just blew 2 layups type of game play we're seeing.

We all wanted Rus to be a leader but he didnt necessarily care to be one. we didnt know that when we drafted him. we knew he was capable but we didnt know he really wasnt tripping about being one. thats hard to gauge with a guy until he gets in the nba and starts thinking about his brand, getting paid(not a bad thing), and other things. he's growing up deciding who he's going to be. maybe his decision isnt about being some great team leader. maybe its putting up some really good numbers, winning some games. and getting Money and working it that way. us fans think thats bad. its not. these guys are at the top of their profession, can many of us say that?NOPE. so once you get to the mountain top, you do have a right to say i dont care about being this or that. you've earned that right. so its not a knock on Rus at all. its just the truth...as of this moment. that could change in a few years.

kuz is playing well and yet he's not a leader at all. he's an individual. doesnt mean he can't change into one. but it means everyone isnt a born leader and some who have the qualities dont always desire to be one. then you have some who dont have the qualities who want to be one and that is an issue too lol.

What qualities have you seen from Russ this year on BK that show he’s not a leader. I feel like I listed some actually tangibly shown evidence and you did not
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

So why don't you simply state that since we can't read all of your posts on other threads?

So you're blaming LBJ for this, but then you admit it's actually Kuz being out. I think I understand it now.

I blame his absence first, Kuzma's absence second, the distraction caused by trade speculation third.

Two of them were unavoidable (injuries) the other was self inflicted.

We all knew that's the risk you take when you sign LBJ... but still, I wish he hadn't said what he did.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I blame his absence first, Kuzma's absence second, the distraction caused by trade speculation third.

Two of them were unavoidable (injuries) the other was self inflicted.

We all knew that's the risk you take when you sign LBJ... but still, I wish he hadn't said what he did.

Again, using Kobe as a standard, it pushed Bynum to be greater.

It's not exactly a secret about AD, but thankfully for the young core, I don't think they're nearly enough for an AD trade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: