LAKERS -at- MAVS – 1-7-19 - Game Thread (5:30PM PT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Beating any team at home that has a 15-3 record especially in a place like Dallas when the home-crowd can be pretty hostile is always a great win.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Thee Black Mamba wrote:
We won that game shooting 27% from 3.

Imagine if we actually played a good team?

Yikes.

Bad 3 point shooting is usually neutralized by the fact that the opponents shoot even worse.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Thank god this is a much needed win.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

looks like we got that good Lonza Ball Game we get from him every 6-7 games
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
FT shooting is the easiest thing to improve but he needs work.

if it would be so easy to improve, it would have already been better, you are what you are at the FT line....we suck at it...it only will get better if we make a trade and the traded player / players are better at it, this teams ceiling in regard of FT Shooting is reached...sadly
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Ingram, Ball Respond to Walton's Challenge, Lead Lakers' Comeback

Quote:
About 24 hours after their head coach called for “more fight” and “some passion and fire” out of them, Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball gave their thunderous answer.

Both young players turned in one of the best games of the season, rallying the Lakers from a 15-point deficit to a 107-97 victory in Dallas.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190107-ingram-ball-respond-waltons-challenge-lead-lakers-comeback
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

There’s a difference between being gifted your first car and earning the money for your whip. It felt like the young core’s team for the first time in a long time. This is their franchise to take wherever they want to go with it. F the trade mongers. Earn it every possession, boys! Bleed this.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
There’s a difference between being gifted your first car and earning the money for your whip. It felt like the young core’s team for the first time in a long time. This is their franchise to take wherever they want to go with it. F the trade mongers. Earn it every possession, boys! Bleed this.

I dunno. They had to have the GM present and a bunch of complaints by Worthy who talks to Magic for the principle two to not just play well, but to play with energy and intelligence. How long before they slip back into heavy sedation? It'll happen. Great game by both, but they're self-proven to return to lazy and disinterested. They will at some point soon.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject:

Did not expect that outcome especially at the half. Very surprised at the hustle and determination on this squad when it counted, it's as if they all said they weren't losing and went out and played some semblance of basketball.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

I dunno. They had to have the GM present and a bunch of complaints by Worthy who talks to Magic for the principle two to not just play well, but to play with energy and intelligence. How long before they slip back into heavy sedation? It'll happen. Great game by both, but they're self-proven to return to lazy and disinterested. They will at some point soon.

NPZ, nothing is guaranteed. Say we get that second superstar by trading a core that has played together for two years. Who’s to say that superstar snaps a twig as early as this year and as immediate as right after the trade? As fans we can only root for who we got. We can be critical of anyone on our team, but we gotta support them.

I’ve said Zo is soft, I’ve said Kuz is arrogant, I’ve said BI is not clutch, Hart:inconsistent, Zu: too slow... but they are OUR GUYS. They are our franchise. And they got a never say die cumulative character. That’s who we drafted; guys that don’t quit on their teammates.

Now... add a Klay to that... add a King... add Leonard... you got continuity, youth, and a healthy ecology that commits to not just superstars, but a type of mentality that attract players of the same strength. Or you can trade em all for AD or bring in a Durant that is a front runner, that may or may not tuck tail if ever losing by 25 points. I can’t say... but the guys we got right now... I can tell you, they got hit in the mouth in Dallas. They got up, and played inspired defense to comeback, sustained that energy, and held off a late rally down the stretch. They looked like a playoff team last night.

TL;DR - Ride or die.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Ingram, Ball Respond to Walton's Challenge, Lead Lakers' Comeback

Quote:
About 24 hours after their head coach called for “more fight” and “some passion and fire” out of them, Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball gave their thunderous answer.

Both young players turned in one of the best games of the season, rallying the Lakers from a 15-point deficit to a 107-97 victory in Dallas.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190107-ingram-ball-respond-waltons-challenge-lead-lakers-comeback

Awesome comeback win. Was only able to catch the 4th Q but I'm happy for the team, especially BI / Zo / Hart, and it seems Beasley had a good cameo too. Also seemed like Chandler and McGee were leading the other guys more in huddles and keeping their heads together. Did Luke have something to do with that behind the scenes too? Could be, so I'll give him props.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

QFOS going back 5 pages that I thought were awesome

TMG wrote:
Brando Antentekumpo Ingram

TDRock wrote:
GO AHEAD BRANDON!!!!!!

jodeke wrote:
When we play with pace we are trouble

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Luka Milfson

eureca wrote:
Hack a Zo will be a thing this season.

P.K. wrote:
LOL...
BI from midcourt with 4 left on the clock
right around barnes for the layup

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Love seeing Cubans Oh (bleep) face in slow motion when Hart hit a 3

Great WIN last night! Now its about maintaining that focus.

BI, ZO and Josh came out swinging! Hopefully they have these late night conversations every night!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

Wow, listened to the game until halftime in my car. When they fell 14 down I thought for sure it's another loss. Didn't think they had that fight in them, especially on a back to back roadie. Hart's energy in that 3rd quarter was my favorite part of the game. His hustle was just what we needed.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

Spectrum replay
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

I trust nbahd.net for replays over the above any day, its just the same torrent reposted on various sites
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

This is a mystery team. I don't know what to expect game to game. I think they have an identity, face pace. It has to be a constant. We have the youth to run. My angst, can LeBron keep up?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I trust nbahd.net for replays over the above any day, its just the same torrent reposted on various sites

Mavs feed
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42
Jump to: