Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 687, 688, 689 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
To the defenders of Coach Walton: Whoa, the Lakers won tonight. Congrats. All is forgotten and Walton is a great coach. lol

Or, you can call him out when he has a bad game (like I did yesterday)... and give him props when he has a good one (like tonight). It's really not that difficult.

This
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
To the defenders of Coach Walton: Whoa, the Lakers won tonight. Congrats. All is forgotten and Walton is a great coach. lol

Or, you can call him out when he has a bad game (like I did yesterday)... and give him props when he has a good one (like tonight). It's really not that difficult.

It's not that hard, everybody should try it
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:

lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

Lakers have a resemblance of an offensive scheme today; in the first half they were just missing their shots. Very few contested shots.

Finally, a good 4th quarter start lineup with continuity from the 3rd. Good Job.
mambajustkillsya
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

How about adding Kobe to the coaching staff?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Good job in calling out the pampered children that the FO is afraid to do. If it takes calling out Ingram and Lonzo for being weak then I hope Luke does it daily.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

Now that I think of it, Luke is probably trying to make the team the 2007-2008 Lakers (2nd year of Phil Jackson's return run with the Lakers):

Lebron -> Kobe (iso superstar)
Lonzo -> Fisher (point guard in name only)
Ariza -> (tried to trade for)
Kwame -> Chandler (post defender)
Ingram -> Odom (jacking of all trades)
Svi -> Radmanovic (sharp shooter)
Kuzma -> Gasol (why he keeps playing him at center)
McGee -> Bynum (athletic big man)
Mop & Bucket Guy -> Walton (cleaning up on the sidelines)
Jesse Murmuys -> Tex Winter (hahahha)
Brian Shaw -> Brian Shaw (assistant coach to the stars)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

mambajustkillsya wrote:

Come in and "Jimmy Butler" them in practice once a month, collect paycheck.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

I still think Luke needs to get better assistants if he's going to succeed here or anywhere for that matter.

If we continue as is, we ain't winning (bleep) with him in charge.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
I know Luke gets very little love but I thought he coached his best game tonight They were a totally different team the second half

Agree. Loved the quick hook on Lance when he didn't box out. Really liked that he called out his guys last game to light a fire under them. In the second half tonight, he broke his sub pattern, tightened the rotation and kept guys who were rolling on the floor (props to playing Hart all second half as he earned it). Also props on that stretch of extended run for Chandler.

We also let Beasley go to work tonight with the ball in his hands. Took advantage of bad defenders. Great lob play set up to have Dirk trying to defend Lonzo on a lob dunk on that backscreen.

Finally, also he had some situational subs at the end of the game to get Lonzo out (because of FT shooting)...but also get him back in the game for defensive purposes. So many times this season we haven't done that.

1st time I've ever seen him do that too.

Sign of a coach who is growing. Zo cant be out there in crunch time until he proves he can hit his FTs. But we definitely need him on D. Loved him calling out BI and Zo. Both showed much more emotion tonight and came ready to play.

Hopefully Luke has finally placed winning over individual player's feelings. Just keep channeling his inner Tywin Lannister and we good.

#BannersOverBillboards
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

mambajustkillsya wrote:

only as head coach. Kobe aint working for Luke Walton

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

As a team, we have the worst fundamentals in the league. We have no discipline, we do not box out, play tough defense and we are the worst free throwing shooting team.

Thankfully, we have some players with raw talent, but luck and unrefined talent will only get you so far.

We are especially lucky to have the best player on the planet on our team, because these guys as-is would never make the playoffs.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good job in calling out the pampered children that the FO is afraid to do. If it takes calling out Ingram and Lonzo for being weak then I hope Luke does it daily.

LMAO. How many front offices call out players? That's a coach's job.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but most ex-coaches wind up as bench coaches on other teams,

So why not hire Thibs as the Defense Coach, Walton still gets to be the man and Thibs gets to go back to his roots, after reading about his downfall most of it came/started as he was also the GM, so you take away him picking bad players, you take away him over playing his best players and you have him get this young team on the right defensive track...

He might take it, thinking, if Walton gets fired he can slide right in...

The Wolves sucked on defense throughout the Thibs era. You clearly aren't paying attention to the numbers because the Lakers have been significantly better defensively than the Wolves the last two years. Brian Keefe has done a fantastic job ever since he became the coordinator on that end, which began last season. The execution on offense has been inconsistent, especially with the injuries, but they're currently sitting at 8th place defensively, which is elite. Minnesota is 16th. You're suggestion of Thibs is based solely on reputation.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but most ex-coaches wind up as bench coaches on other teams,

So why not hire Thibs as the Defense Coach, Walton still gets to be the man and Thibs gets to go back to his roots, after reading about his downfall most of it came/started as he was also the GM, so you take away him picking bad players, you take away him over playing his best players and you have him get this young team on the right defensive track...

The Wolves sucked on defense throughout the Thibs era. You clearly aren't paying attention to the numbers because the Lakers have been significantly better defensively than the Wolves the last two years. Brian Keefe has done a fantastic job ever since he became the coordinator on that end, which began last season. The execution on offense has been inconsistent, especially with the injuries, but they're currently sitting at 8th place defensively, which is elite. Minnesota is 16th. You're suggestion of Thibs is based solely on reputation.

Luke and Brian Keefe are indeed doing a good job on the defensive end. #12 last year and top 10 this year.

Keefe was the OKC Thunder defensive coordinator from 2010 to 2015, IIRC. During that period they were 9th, 9th, 3rd, 1st, 3rd and 11th.
That's impressive, considering roster changes, injuries, et cetera.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Judah wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Luke and Brian Keefe are indeed doing a good job on the defensive end. #12 last year and top 10 this year.

Keefe was the OKC Thunder defensive coordinator from 2010 to 2015, IIRC. During that period they were 9th, 9th, 3rd, 1st, 3rd and 11th.

We need a shooting coach...I think that one hire solves so many problems.

#BannersOverBillboards
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Exactly!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
danzag wrote:
Judah wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

For sure. Magic said he would hire one, makes me wonder why he hasn't yet
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Exactly!

Interesting that Pelinka did fly out and attend the game though.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't recall your boy Jimmy ever calling out any players. I do remember him saying you could randomly pick out strangers at a bar and their opinions about players would be the same as professional scouts.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't recall your boy Jimmy ever calling out any players. I do remember him saying you could randomly pick out strangers at a bar and their opinions about players would be the same as professional scouts.

Chaz the Bartender!!!
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
danzag wrote:
Judah wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

For sure. Magic said he would hire one, makes me wonder why he hasn't yet

Me too...I wonder if he's letting Luke sink or swim with this staff on Luke's request. Magic isn't the type to say he's going to do something and then not do it.

#BannersOverBillboards
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Luke is the coach
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Jim wasn’t the head coach, Luke is
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Jim wasn’t the head coach, Luke is

This is a Rick James moment presented by Charlie Murphy

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 687, 688, 689 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 688 of 818
Jump to: