The Clock May Be Ticking for Brandon Ingram with the L.A. Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jul 2014
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
I think the clock for Ingram just sped up. Failing miserably in trying to carry the team, proving he is more complimentary than star and plays the same position as Lebron.


I've been saying all season that they need to stop playing Ingram out of position at SG and put him with the bench unit at SF. He can play with LeBron when Kuzma is taking a breather and LeBron can be moved to PF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 28673

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

He's still only 21 folks. But I get that we can't wait for another 2 years, or can we?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jul 2014
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
He's still only 21 folks. But I get that we can't wait for another 2 years, or can we?


We can wait 5 years. He's not going to be a star.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 28673

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
He's still only 21 folks. But I get that we can't wait for another 2 years, or can we?


We can wait 5 years. He's not going to be a star.


He may not be a star, but he could certainly be a 18 PPG player, with the ability to get to the basket and defend smaller guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jul 2014
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
He's still only 21 folks. But I get that we can't wait for another 2 years, or can we?


We can wait 5 years. He's not going to be a star.


He may not be a star, but he could certainly be a 18 PPG player, with the ability to get to the basket and defend smaller guys.


He could be an 18 PPG player on a perennial mediocre-to-bad team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 51669

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

The issue is Ingram is in year 3 and I don't think his value is the same as it was a year ago.
This makes it tough to get a deal done.

I doubt the Anthony Davis deal is there for them. If it is you must take it.
The moment you signed LBJ you are in win now mode.

None of these guys - Ball Kuz Ingram - are draft picks that you could envision having 7 to 8 all-star years in the league type of careers. In which case trading them for a superstar who can help LBJ contend now makes sense.

Problem?
There is no superstar that I know of who is available for what Lakers have to offer.
AD obviously, but I can't see this trade for another year at earliest.

We are stuck waiting for a free agent in the summer or if not that then hoping AD forces a trade to us or another star forces a trade.
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rz0TSprFc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sina
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 1293

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Randle, Russell, Ingram, Ball, not to mention 2nd rounders Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, Bryant...

I tend to say it’s not players’ problem, but FO(scout), coach(development) and fans(patient).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 46647
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

BI is what he is, a good ball player. Zo is what he is, a good ball player. Expectations of both are to high. They are solid pieces we can build on. Package BI in a deal for AD, in a heartbeat.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 28673

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The issue is Ingram is in year 3 and I don't think his value is the same as it was a year ago.
This makes it tough to get a deal done.

I doubt the Anthony Davis deal is there for them. If it is you must take it.
The moment you signed LBJ you are in win now mode.

None of these guys - Ball Kuz Ingram - are draft picks that you could envision having 7 to 8 all-star years in the league type of careers. In which case trading them for a superstar who can help LBJ contend now makes sense.

Problem?
There is no superstar that I know of who is available for what Lakers have to offer.
AD obviously, but I can't see this trade for another year at earliest.

We are stuck waiting for a free agent in the summer or if not that then hoping AD forces a trade to us or another star forces a trade.


Paul George? Kawhi Leonard? Couldn't they have been had for them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BruceLeroy1985
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Dec 2013
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Eonst wrote:
BI is not the problem, Luke is.

Nope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BruceLeroy1985
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Dec 2013
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

If Ingram were to be traded and Lonzo is kept for the future then it will be obvious that morons are running this organization.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9639
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Digital Clocks don't TICK, do they?
_________________
Lakers 2018-2019: Wait until next year...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB