The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 968, 969, 970 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Looks like 32 was right.

LoanEase wrote:
Looks like 32 was right..Out another week
https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/01/10/lebron-james-progressing-to-on-court-drills-out-for-another-week/

No 1 is right in this situation, it’s pretty obvious that LeBron can play right now but the Lakers are being cautious, it gives the young players the opportunity to shine while he works his way into the line up.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
No need for him to rush back anyway, the next 3 games are incredibly easy.

Well I wouldn't say Utah will be incredibly easy. Still tough to play there.

Best time to play them. They'll have 3 out injured - Rubio, Sefolosha, and Bradley
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Best time to play them. They'll have 3 out injured - Rubio, Sefolosha, and Bradley

That will help. There's something about that team I don't like. lol
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Injury report is also saying that Dante Exum is out for tomorrow’s game.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Looks like 32 was right.

LoanEase wrote:
Looks like 32 was right..Out another week
https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/01/10/lebron-james-progressing-to-on-court-drills-out-for-another-week/

That's about what I expected.
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I think LeBron's injury is much more serious than what they're reporting. They're even saying it's a hernia. They're not going to say exactly how long he'll be out because it will affect ticket sales and trade negotiations.

He could be out past the All-Star Break. They're just playing it off as if it's day-to-day or a weekly evaluation. I hope it's not that bad, but it seems worse than what they're reporting.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
I think LeBron's injury is much more serious than what they're reporting. They're even saying it's a hernia. They're not going to say exactly how long he'll be out because it will affect ticket sales and trade negotiations.

He could be out past the All-Star Break. They're just playing it off as if it's day-to-day or a weekly evaluation. I hope it's not that bad, but it seems worse than what they're reporting.

I think you are over exaggerating, if it was serious why in the world would he increase his work-load?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Hmm I thought it was a home game for some reason. Playing there makes it a little tougher but they are dealing with a ton of injuries right now and haven't been great this year even when healthy.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

trap game.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

we lost to the knicks at home. No such thing as an ez win with this group of kids
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Of course one if the most durable superstars gets injured when he comes here ..

Laker luck
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Dr Klapper said the groin injury isn’t the main fear. The fear is that if Lebron comes back to early, he’ll try to over compensate with other muscles and that where the real injury will happen. He said Lebron should not come back until he’s 100%. As for Kuzma’s back, Klapper said that it all a pain tolerance thing, nothing more.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Dr Klapper said the groin injury isn’t the main fear. The fear is that if Lebron comes back to early, he’ll try to over compensate with other muscles and that where the real injury will happen. He said Lebron should not come back until he’s 100%. As for Kuzma’s back, Klapper said that it all a pain tolerance thing, nothing more.

Thanks.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Take your time, old man. We need you 100% for the playoffs.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:

Who's saying it's a hernia? The only people who claim it's a hernia is a site called "onsmash", a hiphop blog. Who thinks a non sporting publication has the sources to out scoop every basketball leaker in the world with friends in the front office?

Lebron's injury isn't a hernia.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I've always been against LG handing out medical licenses. Especially since the only requirements are that you regularly watch First Take and follow Dr Klapper.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

trap game.

Heh, Utah's also talking about their injuries coming while they have an easy schedule. They probably view Lakers without Lebron and Rondo an easy win also. Trap game for both teams
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

we lost to the knicks at home. No such thing as an ez win with this group of kids

The Knicks game was an incredibly easy game. That's why it was so frustrating that they didn't get it done.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

The Knicks game was an incredibly easy game. That's why it was so frustrating that they didn't get it done.

To be fair I don’t think the team knew how to adjust without Kuzma, so it took there rhythm out from the game, we can see the Impact Kuzma can have for us when there is another reliable offensive option on the floor.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:

I think you are over exaggerating, if it was serious why in the world would he increase his work-load?

He’s exaggerating like when he said PG is a Laker.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

as I've suspected, Lebron will be out 2-4 weeks... but it's obviously worse than was earlier reported.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
as I've suspected, Lebron will be out 2-4 weeks... but it's obviously worse than was earlier reported.

Yup.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

He's been out 16 days for a groin strain...and will likely be out 23 days. For a groin strain...for a 34 year old franchise player...with games against eastern bottom dwellers tanking. That's appropriate for the diagnosis.

You put him on that court before he gets his conditioning back in practice and the likelihood of reinjury is enormous.

just like the correct move was to sit Kuz last night while he was grimacing towards the end of the 3rd. Giving Bron an extra week to get his conditioning back is the right call and doesn't give any indication that it was worse than reported.

Worse is 4 to 6 weeks or months...that's the bullet we dodged...Dray took out 2 of our players in the same game...f that dude.

I'm not a fan of our medical team by any stretch, but as a licensed physician, this all seems right and not like they're trying to hide something.

#BannersOverBillboards
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Drifts wrote:

He's been out 16 days for a groin strain...and will likely be out 23 days. For a groin strain...for a 34 year old franchise player...with games against eastern bottom dwellers tanking. That's appropriate for the diagnosis.

You put him on that court before he gets his conditioning back in practice and the likelihood of reinjury is enormous.

just like the correct move was to sit Kuz last night while he was grimacing towards the end of the 3rd. Giving Bron an extra week to get his conditioning back is the right call and doesn't give any indication that it was worse than reported.

Worse is 4 to 6 weeks or months...that's the bullet we dodged...Dray took out 2 of our players in the same game...f that dude.

I'm not a fan of our medical team by any stretch, but as a licensed physician, this all seems right and not like they're trying to hide something.

they listed Lebron as day to day... it's been 2-4 weeks, which is by no stretch a day to day thing. so yes, it is definitely worse than what was reported.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

they listed Lebron as day to day... it's been 2-4 weeks, which is by no stretch a day to day thing. so yes, it is definitely worse than what was reported.

Color me Skeptical.

Look for LeBron to miraculously get "injured" around the same time each year while he plays for the Lakers.

If this were playoffs, not only is he playing, he is dominating with this "injury" in my opinion.

I am fine with it, I would rather have a fully loaded LeBron for the stretch run and playoffs and I am confident Maglinka, LeBron and company are all on the same page.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 968, 969, 970 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 969 of 2079
Jump to: