Who has sold cars to Carvana? Got a question on the paperwork

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Who has sold cars to Carvana? Got a question on the paperwork

I sold my car to Carvana this weekend. They gave me a pretty decent price and the entire transaction went smoothly. But now I’m kind of worry.

When signing paperwork, there wasn’t any California dmv Bill of Sale to fill out. Instead, they told me the purchase agreement is their bill of sale. They had me fill out the Application for Dulicate or Paperless Title instead. They did fill out the Release of Liability form and I did filed that with dmv. Not sure if these are normal practice when dealing with Carvana because when I sold cars before to dealers I always had to fill out a dmv bill of sale.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

May not be an issue. Usually release of liability is enough.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

I think you're fine. I sold a car recently, and the bill of sale is more of a receipt for both parties to have for their records. I personally would do it just to cover all the bases, but as long as you have your release of liability in order, you're good.

Carvana (I'm assuming) didn't do it that way because both of you have your own records of the transaction.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for posting about Carvana. After CarMax lowballed a vehicle I took in for appraisal, decided try out Carvana and Vroom. Carvana was willing to give $2000 more than CarMax and $1500 more than Vroom.

Eventually sold a different ( older) car to Carvana and the transaction was painless. Drove to a pickup point of my choice within 25 miles of Downey, it took about ten minutes to receive a check and copy of the paperwork.

Can’t wait for their vending machine coming soon (near Westminister Ave) off the 405.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Thanks for posting about Carvana. After CarMax lowballed a vehicle I took in for appraisal, decided try out Carvana and Vroom. Carvana was willing to give $2000 more than CarMax and $1500 more than Vroom.

Eventually sold a different ( older) car to Carvana and the transaction was painless. Drove to a pickup point of my choice within 25 miles of Downey, it took about ten minutes to receive a check and copy of the paperwork.

Can’t wait for their vending machine coming soon (near Westminister Ave) off the 405.

I don't know any current terminology

But is this for car flipping?

Find killer deal.. inspect it best you can.. clean it etc.. Rep it to them.. and sell it on the spot to a vending machine?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Have a look @ TRED as well. I use them on some of my flips when I've not a lot of time to deal with flaky no shows.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

^Thanks. Will look into TRED for my next car, interesting concept with the ease of a dealership trade at much closer to private party pricing.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
K2 wrote:

I don't know any current terminology

But is this for car flipping?

Find killer deal.. inspect it best you can.. clean it etc.. Rep it to them.. and sell it on the spot to a vending machine?

Yes, in some areas you can drop it off at their vending machine location. In all likelihood, the margins might be lower if used for car flipping since they're using KBB.

They've built a number of these vending machine buildings that house Carvana's used cars.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: