Official 2018/2019 Playoff Seedings Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

Lakers are better than Portland/Clippers. Should have beat the Thunder with a squad missing Kuz/Bron.

Cant wait for that Thunder rematch.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Orlando had a 63-46 lead at half in Utah.

It’s now 75-69 late in 3rd...smh at trash teams. Lost twice to these clowns.

Need to beat them on Friday to keep them off our heals.

@Utah is tough, but maybe Kuzma will go off since it’s his college area.

Need 2-1 minimum over next 3. Everyone is beating Chicago and Cleveland so can’t screw that up. Already lost twice to Orlando while every other west team seems to be beating up on them.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Lakers are 23-19 in the 8th seed. They are 2 games ahead of Utah and 2.5 games ahead of Sacramento.

Games to watch 1/10/19

LAC 16 losses at Denver (12 losses)
OKC 15 losses at SA (18 losses)
DET at SAC (21 losses)
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

If we have to play with the guys that we have for the next 6 games.... What do you think our record will be in those 6 games?

@ Utah .... W
vs Cle... W
vs Chi... W
@Okl.... L
@ Hou.... L
vs GS... L
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Utah will be very tough, especially if the explosion last game means Mitchell has finally found his scoring game again. Cleveland the Chicago are absolute must wins, and if Lebron gets back maybe we can steal one from OKC, Hou, or GS because those are probable losses while Lebron is getting the rust off, assuming he’s even back by then.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

i'd expect our only wins to be Cle and Chi if lebron is still out

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Who you rooting against? Denver or Clippers?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm rooting for Denver. I want to pass Clips eventually. OKC and SA is interesting. If spurs lose we will be 1/2 game behind them.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Against the Clippers for sure
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

New to the Jazz’s injury list: Raul Neto is OUT for tomorrow’s game vs. the Lakers. He suffered a left groin strain last night and will be re-evaluated early next week. Also OUT: Rubio, Exum, Sefolosha, Allen, Bradley.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Was hoping to see this team win at least 50 games, as Vegas had the over/under at 48 wins, but the injuries might have tempered that and currently are 2 games out of the 4th seed. Lakers would have to end the year going 27-13 and Lakers have the 6th toughest strength of schedule going forward as well to get to 50 wins. The "worst" team LeBron has probably lost to in his playoff career has been the 2005-2006 Detroit Pistons, and that's only because that was the only team he's lost to that didn't go the NBA Finals. Only teams to worry playing against come playoff time are the Warriors, Rockets, & Spurs imo.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Was hoping to see this team win at least 50 games, as Vegas had the over/under at 48 wins, but the injuries might have tempered that and currently are 2 games out of the 4th seed. Lakers would have to end the year going 27-13 and Lakers have the 6th toughest strength of schedule going forward as well to get to 50 wins. The "worst" team LeBron has probably lost to in his playoff career has been the 2005-2006 Detroit Pistons, and that's only because that was the only team he's lost to that didn't go the NBA Finals. Only teams to worry playing against come playoff time are the Warriors, Rockets, & Spurs imo.

Teams are playing us really, really tough this season. Like we have a huge target on our back. After the last few lottery seasons I was used to teams taking it easy against us and then surprising them. It's not happening this year. It started in the 1st game of the season at Portland when Stauskas had a career game against us and has continued throughout the season. Teams are treating every game against us like a playoff game. In a way it's good preparation for the playoffs, but getting 50 wins with these injuries will be impossible without the young guys taking the next step.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Should we root for a Thunder lose? They play the Spurs twice in 3 days and will possibly drop with there schedule being brutal.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Teams are playing us really, really tough this season. Like we have a huge target on our back. After the last few lottery seasons I was used to teams taking it easy against us and then surprising them. It's not happening this year. It started in the 1st game of the season at Portland when Stauskas had a career game against us and has continued throughout the season. Teams are treating every game against us like a playoff game. In a way it's good preparation for the playoffs, but getting 50 wins with these injuries will be impossible without the young guys taking the next step.

Strange to read that because I feel the exact opposite. I can only think of 2-3 games all year where a team played really well and the Lakers just couldn't win the game. Most games, they just have to play halfway decent to get the win. The losses have been deflating because just about all of them were the Lakers making dumb mistakes and beating themselves.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Spurs are shooting like 95% from three today
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Clippers lost. Detroit is pathetic.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Reserved myself to the fact LAL will be the 8 seed best case scenario. The Feb schedule is B R U T A L. LAL could go winless in Feb (they won’t but crazy schedule. Gonna have to separate men from boys in Feb. good lord. Tomorrow will show me if they’ve actually improved without rondo LBJ. I’d love a W in Salt Lake !
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Reserved myself to the fact LAL will be the 8 seed best case scenario. The Feb schedule is B R U T A L. LAL could go winless in Feb (they won’t but crazy schedule. Gonna have to separate men from boys in Feb. good lord. Tomorrow will show me if they’ve actually improved without rondo LBJ. I’d love a W in Salt Lake !

The February schedule is overrated. We've already beaten the Pacers, the Celtics doesn't scare Lebron, neither do the 76ers. Apart from the Warriors, and Houston, every other game is very winnable, and is interspersed with games like the Grizzlies, the Pelicans, the Hawks, and the Clippers
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Double overtime and they play each other again on Saturday.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Nice game with Thunder vs Spurs. Now in double OT. Hard when I’m rooting for both to lose.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Nice game with Thunder vs Spurs. Now in double OT. Hard when I’m rooting for both to lose.

I know. If the Spurs lose the Lakers are only a half game behind them.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Dang. I have LMA in my fantasy team.
Got 54 in OT wowsers.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

The Utah Jazz announced that point guards Dante Exum, Ricky Rubio and Raul Neto are all OUT for tomorrow's game against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Grayson Allen, Tony Bradley and Thabo Sefolosha are all OUT as well.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1083526450454675459

6 players reportedly out for the Jazz tomorrow. If we lose it will be embarrassing!

If we manage to win that game and the Thunder win their rematch, we'll be level with the Spurs again
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

OKC have struggled ever since they won against a short handed Lakers team, and there schedule is gonna be tougher in the next couple of weeks, won’t be surprised if we pass them especially if LeBron comes back with vengeance.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

The February schedule is overrated. We've already beaten the Pacers, the Celtics doesn't scare Lebron, neither do the 76ers. Apart from the Warriors, and Houston, every other game is very winnable, and is interspersed with games like the Grizzlies, the Pelicans, the Hawks, and the Clippers

Yikes bro we shall see. Gotta see some major improvements from flexing on the Pistons and the Mavs feb is brutal
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 38 of 79
Jump to: